Diana cleared for Full Contact. First game ? | The Boneyard

Diana cleared for Full Contact. First game ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After a premature overly positive diagnosis week ago, Diana may be ready to
play this friday against my Liberty

Taurasi (back) could return Friday, source says

Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi has been cleared for full contact five months after suffering a back injury that has caused her to miss the entire WNBA season thus far, a source told ESPN on Monday, making her return to the court imminent.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am so hoping she is on the court Friday, as we will be there. I'm not anointing GOATs, because it can be subjective, but she is certainly in consideration, and an absolute joy to watch. That said, she will probably be a bit rusty when she returns.

Reaction Score
ESPN article from this morning (Friday 7/5 AM) says she is expected to play tonight. I saw an interview with her a day or 2 ago where she said she probably wouldn't play tonight. Suspect the article was already written, and interview was more current. I think the Mercury leaks, "Diana is expected to play [next game]" just to sell tickets. I got fooled that way once already.

Lots of details about her back injury/surgery.

espnW: Did you ever consider calling it a career?

Taurasi:
No, no, no, no. I got ... no way. I still love to play too much. No, that wasn't even in my mind frame.

Reaction Score
I am so hoping she is on the court Friday, as we will be there. I'm not anointing GOATs, because it can be subjective, but she is certainly in consideration, and an absolute joy to watch. That said, she will probably be a bit rusty when she returns.
She’s been ruled out for today.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't care when you are back DT... just be back. One more Olympics child.
I suppose we should be grateful that this isn't an Olympic year. Diana, Sue and Stewie would all be missing out, as well as Angel McCoughtry and Seimone Augustus (although perhaps Seimone wouldn't make the team?).

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am glad to hear Diana has been cleared. I am looking forward to her leadership on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom