Diana and Paige | The Boneyard

Diana and Paige

Reaction Score
Is there any chance that Diana and Paige could play in at least one game together

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Doubtful IMHO. Unless Paige makes the Olympic team for 2024 and Dee sticks around. Otherwise it will need to be pick up games, or exhibition games...

But frankly I'd love to see a game of UCONN alums - pull them all out of the WNBA - certainly enough bodies to field a team. Let Chris and Jamelle coach them and Geno and Morgan can coach the current team. I'd certainly pay to see an exhibition game like that.

Play the game at Mohegan Sun - try to coordinate it when as many alums as possible are around. Maybe around Geno's birthday or something. On the men's side, I think they had Jim Calhoun celebrity classic (but was that golf?) - not sure how many alums make it back for that event, but maybe try something on the women's side.

I know it would be super hard. Not only do the alums live all over the USA, but they are also overseas much of the year playing foreign ball...

Reaction Score
I refer you to the great "so you're saying there's a chance" scene in the movie Dumb and Dumber...
For those who haven't seen it or don't remember, here it is:

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How about Paige playing for DT in the next Olympics. Word is that DT has been an “unofficial” coach on USA basketball for years, having significant input into game strategy decisions.

Reaction Score
Most of us? Why? I would rather see Bueckers and Fudd playing with Stewart or Collier.
I know, right? "Most of us" shows up everywhere, and not just on this board. Also in the mix are "Everyone", "Many of us", "Those who follow (insert whatever sport or person you want here)", and lastly "Anyone who has any sense". I've often wondered if there is a secret phone tree list, or possibly an online contact list of selected members of some club who automatically receive the same talking points with one click of the left button, but that's highly unlikely unless you're an annointed member of the press. It usually turns out that it's just "One or two of us" instead.

Reaction Score
Most of us? Why? I would rather see Bueckers and Fudd playing with Stewart or Collier.
I was just being outrageous like the poster who asked about Paige and DT playing a few games together. And yes I agree with your picks. I guess my humor is lacking.

Reaction Score
Doubtful IMHO. Unless Paige makes the Olympic team for 2024 and Dee sticks around. Otherwise it will need to be pick up games, or exhibition games...

But frankly I'd love to see a game of UCONN alums - pull them all out of the WNBA - certainly enough bodies to field a team. Let Chris and Jamelle coach them and Geno and Morgan can coach the current team. I'd certainly pay to see an exhibition game like that.

Play the game at Mohegan Sun - try to coordinate it when as many alums as possible are around. Maybe around Geno's birthday or something. On the men's side, I think they had Jim Calhoun celebrity classic (but was that golf?) - not sure how many alums make it back for that event, but maybe try something on the women's side.

I know it would be super hard. Not only do the alums live all over the USA, but they are also overseas much of the year playing foreign ball...
Fantastic. Would be an absolutely terrific game and, no question, a super fast sell-out crowd

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
in their primes -- far behind for D and far ahead for Paige -- it would be serious fun to see them go against each other

my money would be on D one-on-one ... in a team setting, don't know

and we'll never find out, nice to ponder, regardless

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will settle for Paige finding her way onto the Storm to play with Stewie. :eek::eek:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I was just being outrageous like the poster who asked about Paige and DT playing a few games together. And yes I agree with your picks. I guess my humor is lacking.
Or maybe I need to replace the batteries in my humor detector.

Reaction Score
I will settle for Paige finding her way onto the Storm to play with Stewie. :eek::eek:
Of the many scenarios the problem with this one is the fact that Paige will be a top 3-5 pick after her final year. Which year will that be? After age 22? After her senior year? After her extra year for pandemic relief? What happens to the Storm tea after Sue retires? Other draft picks while waiting for Paige? The team led by Stewie would have to be near the bottom of the standings or getting a supreme pick through a trade, neither real big odds on either. So it goes.

Reaction Score
Of the many scenarios the problem with this one is the fact that Paige will be a top 3-5 pick after her final year. Which year will that be? After age 22? After her senior year? After her extra year for pandemic relief? What happens to the Storm tea after Sue retires? Other draft picks while waiting for Paige? The team led by Stewie would have to be near the bottom of the standings or getting a supreme pick through a trade, neither real big odds on either. So it goes.
paige gonna be the number 1 pick any year she declare even this year if she declare she could be 1pick not charlie collier

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've often wondered if there is a secret phone tree list, or possibly an online contact list of selected members of some club who automatically receive the same talking points with one click of the left button
Not as far as you know.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score

Man, I loved those Calhoun celebrity games. I believe they finally decided to call it quits (even pre-Covid) and stick to golf, but the basketball games were held at Mohegan Sun every two years between 2002 and 2018—I made it to all of them except one. They usually got fantastic participation from the old players, even guys who were making big NBA money at the time. As you can see from some very brief highlights here, the last version of the game had some of Geno's alums participating as well:

I mean, Svet played in that game, and heaven knows how far she had to come to do that.
1628720696255.png

Actually this is even better, from the 2016 version:
1628720976757.png

What I don't recall, and this goes to your point about scheduling, is seeing any of Geno's players there who hadn't already retired. The year-round schedule for women's basketball might make a similar Auriemma alumnae charity game too difficult to pull off. But I'm with you, I would absolutely pay to see a game like that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fantasies don't need blueprints.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom