OT: - Diamond DeShields and the WNBA comeback no one knew about | The Boneyard

OT: Diamond DeShields and the WNBA comeback no one knew about

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wow. I am speechless. I know some hoop fans were critical of DD when she and others committed to UNC, and then when many of them transferred, her to Tenn, however this article gutted me.

Imagine being an elite professional athlete at the top of your game, a random event happens, and you find out you need spinal surgery, and both the condition and treatment could cause paralysis?

Tip of the hat to DD for her perseverance.

Reaction Score
Diamond DeShields is a good and solid player. I remember her father created a lot news when she was in Tenn. Her father and LoMelo Ball's father are the two most notorious fathers in college basketball.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I just saw this posted on Twitter and the attached video teaser was eye opening, especially to someone who is usually a UConn WBB only BYer. I believe that the story was on ESPN this morning at 9AM. Shame on the scheduling, it should be on in prime time, prior to multiple WNBA games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Chicago is a very interesting team with alot of great pieces. Super surprised they lost to LA but with Quigley and Copper coming and Meesemen only going to gel better. My favorite to go back to back. Some of Meesemens drives are just so beautiful.

Edit. Did not realize DD is no longer with the Sky. :oops:

Reaction Score
Incredible courage and determination on her part. Best of luck to her playing for the Mercury (except when they play the Sun, of course!)

Reaction Score
That brought tears to my eyes. That explains alot about how her play had slipped from previous years. Now I am amazed at what she was able to accomplish.

This really show how we don't know what happened behind the close door. I always wonder what happened that she seems regressing in the bubble. Looking off balance, just didn't seem like the player in the previous years.

Respect! What a strong determination to make a comeback. Wishing her a long and healthy career

Reaction Score
Kudos to Chicago Sky for how they helped her through this and kept it quiet at the same time. Goes to show us we really don't know what athletes are dealing with. Looking forward to seeing her play with Phoenix this week.

Reaction Score
I must admit I wondered what the heck was going on with Deshields. Again, we never know what is going on with these athletes behind the scenes. Congratulations to her on such an amazing comeback. Even if she never plays at a high level in the league again, health is worth far more than a basketball career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom