Diaco's Message to the Fans (Audio) | The Boneyard

Diaco's Message to the Fans (Audio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked his message. You can tell by his voice that he is frustrated and wants to win now, but at the same time-he is building a winner for years to come by playing all these young guys. I have season tickets, and I plan on going to the game at Yankee Stadium and the final 3 home games to cheer on my alma mater and state university!

Reaction Score
I liked his message. You can tell by his voice that he is frustrated and wants to win now, but at the same time-he is building a winner for years to come by playing all these young guys. I have season tickets, and I plan on going to the game at Yankee Stadium and the final 3 home games to cheer on my alma mater and state university!
I appreciate that he at least takes responsibility by saying he is sorry and to stick with him and the team. He sounds frustrated. But the buck stops with him. Zero discipline and execution on that side of the ball....again. He's a D coordinator trying to fix a sickly offense through his OC. Its like having your dentist oversee an incompetent surgeon performing bladder surgery.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My support for the national flag blue and white will never waver. Regardless of who's coach. Regardless of who's starting QB. Regardless of our record. I suspect a lot of people on the board feel the same way...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
just got my tickets for the Army game. I just hope we're competitive.

Reaction Score
I can appreciate that he at least can acknowledge the fans and share our frustration.

Reaction Score
2 weeks is enough time to make some adjustments on offense and who knows we might hit on something that changes the dynamic to the good. An honest critique between coaches would be a good start. And get some rest coach, sounds like you could use it.

Reaction Score
It would be great to see all these young players mature and be able to kick butt. I've got faith in Diaco to get the job done, it's just frustrating as hell to keep losing, and to be losing mostly because of our own mistakes and poor play. Unfortunately, Diaco is not just taking the brunt of one difficult start to a season, but the brunt of 3 really downhill seasons prior too.

It's probably good, if the long time diehards try to keep that in mind. We've been through some sh -I -t seasons in the past few years and it is difficult to Maintain the commitment and energy to the games, and the first month of the season with 4 home games has been difficult.

This coach is not to blame for the brunt of most of our anger and frustration. He's working, and to his major credit, he's turned a completely broken and dysfunctional psychological, social, and emotional program into a team that has not crumbled under adversity and competes as best they can start to finish.

All you can do is analyze performance, and get back to practice and preparation.

Come Nov 1, homecoming, I'll be back, and I really hope they will have developed some by then. In the meantime, I'll keep reminding myself that this gu Y is not responsible for what he walked into, but he is responsible to make them better. That's all I'm looking for.

Reaction Score
Fwiw, I'd rather watch a team that is over matched and under developed fundamentally, compete as best they can and give everything they got, than witness what we saw last year around this time through mid season.

Reaction Score

I'm onboard and agree that I'd rather see a team put out the effort and struggle, than just give up altogether. Enthusiasm and pride can and should help keep these kids moving forward.

HCBD did, to me, sound really desperate in pleading that fans continue to come out. I'll be there at the Rent, at ECU and in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom