Diaco's Indecisiveness | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco's Indecisiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First practice of spring is finishing up and still no word about a starting QB.

HCBD has had seven weeks to settle his family in Ct, align his coaching staff, make the media rounds, evaluate film from last season and get the players on a conditioning program.

And now he's had almost TWO hours of practice to see the QB's.

Yet no decision on who the starter is and what the depth chart is going to be.

Not looking good.

This is too easy ... just do what this board always does and make the backup the starter! :p

Reaction Score
Well in 2013 the Boneyard was right. Third time was the charm.
I think it was more a case of the blind squirrel theory coming into play. Even the boneyard is right once in a while...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I hope those were the practice helmets.

LOL. Yeah. Me too.

Newsflash....it wasn't lost on many of us that this entire program developed over the past 2 seasons, into a team that folded like a house of cards last season under the slightest hint of adversity.......this entire team had no idea how to handle the slightest bit of success with their puffy chests. That happens when there is ineffective leadership through the team from the top down and bottom up. It was very nice to see them finish the season strong last year, and the comeback on the road at Temple was nice - but it was Temple. The little sparks from then need to carry over, and get exponentially stronger.

I think what Diaco is doing speaking the way he does of the team's mental make up after day 1 of practice publicly, is that he's searching the roster for captains, and he's looking for them to install the attitude into the team. He's looking for the players that are going to keep their teammates focused and positive and finishing - and not just finishing - but finishing strong and correct - all the time, every minute - and they have to do it themselves first. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up naming captains that are young and not the traditional upperclassmen.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If Diaco produces anything even close to the success that Geno has produced (and I sure hope he does), we will be erecting a statue of him about 10 years from now...

If Diaco produces anything close to the success that Geno has produced, he will be coaching in another conference in 10 years.
Hopefully, still as the coach of Uconn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate