Diaco's Indecisiveness | The Boneyard

Diaco's Indecisiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First practice of spring is finishing up and still no word about a starting QB.

HCBD has had seven weeks to settle his family in Ct, align his coaching staff, make the media rounds, evaluate film from last season and get the players on a conditioning program.

And now he's had almost TWO hours of practice to see the QB's.

Yet no decision on who the starter is and what the depth chart is going to be.

Not looking good.

Reaction Score
The tar is heated up-someone get the feathers. Off to the football offices pitchforks in hand.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tongue lodged firmly in cheek notwithstanding, please lock this thread. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah, l'm over it, changing my mancrush to Mat Mcgonahey. Only his best buds get to go with Mat.

Reaction Score
If WM doesn't act, and act soon, this program may never recover.

I expect a press conference by Wednesday before he leaves for the AAC tourney.

Reaction Score
For those who have a problem with this thread (still can't figure out why), here's a story about practice today.

When you read HCBD's words he continues to imply that this team was broken and not a true team. I love his honesty.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0311-20140310,0,5859088.story

Sometimes Diaco comes across as a cult leader as much as a football coach (no x's and o's just mental formation talk), which will be fine as long as he wins. Geno's program has been accused of being cult like and he is the best there has ever been. I just hope it works sooner rather than later.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sometimes Diaco comes across as a cult leader as much as a football coach (no x's and o's just mental formation talk), which will be fine as long as he wins. Geno's program has been accused of being cult like and he is the best there has ever been. I just hope it works sooner rather than later.

If Diaco produces anything even close to the success that Geno has produced (and I sure hope he does), we will be erecting a statue of him about 10 years from now...

Reaction Score
If Diaco produces anything even close to the success that Geno has produced (and I sure hope he does), we will be erecting a statue of him about 10 years from now...

Yup, and let me add that some of the best football coaches have been known to really get inside their players head, the best coaches in any sport are the ones who can transform an individuals mindset and push them beyond their boundaries. Diaco seems like he is really going to push hard, a few may break along the way,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lock this thread? His tongue came out the side of his cheek.

Besides....Metsfan was seen picketing with a CC sign outside The Shenk.

Only if another QB is selected and we start losing because of poor QB play and at that point I doubt I will be the only one picketing.

Reaction Score
First practice of spring is finishing up and still no word about a starting QB.

HCBD has had seven weeks to settle his family in Ct, align his coaching staff, make the media rounds, evaluate film from last season and get the players on a conditioning program.

And now he's had almost TWO hours of practice to see the QB's.

Yet no decision on who the starter is and what the depth chart is going to be.

Not looking good.

I agree completely.

Reaction Score
Good for Coach DB! He calls a spade a spade.......no false platitudes.

I don't know if it was ONLY on the coaches last year, but the players attitude(s) may have contributed to lack luster performance.

The coach said it was not a good team and needs a lot of work.

To me it sounded like some players even lacked effort in simple things like drills.......that's on the players......the old coaches are gone.

To me it sounded like some players "gave up" easily when things change. I guess that is why it always appeared opposing coaches had no problem with half time adjustments.........do something different and the team falls apart.

To me it sounded like some players ( to quote Clint Eastwood) may have been "legends in their own mind" from high school accomplishments, and could not adjust to higher levels of competition.

Good for Bob D. If some players, for whatever reason, can't or don't want to put the effort in to "kick it up a notch" to be a successful team, sit them down. I don't care if they were starters from last year.

Sounds like there is some talent to be good, but not an over abundance of talent Bob D. wants or needs. But that is not news. Since its inception, some have said UConn has little room for error.

I guess Bob D. has his work cut out.......and it probably starts with better recruiting. Not all perceived "diamonds in the rough" are truly "diamonds". Some athletes can take the pressure and adversity, and mold a new life and effort, some can't.......they remain a "lump of coal". Not all athletes have the same ceiling.

Time to stop sugar coating the program and call a spade a spade and get to work.........and Bob D proclaimed a lot of work needs to be done.

Good for Bob.....I'm firmly behind him! Success will happen, maybe not as quick as fans would like, but when finally molded, in whatever time, I think Bob D and his coaches would have set a new program standard that perhaps can reach unexpected norms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom