Diaco Weekly Press Confernce (UCF) Tidbits | The Boneyard

Diaco Weekly Press Confernce (UCF) Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:05pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said the OTs Richard Levy and Andreas Knappe get better every day

desmondconner 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on OL: "There's cohesion, a gelling together of that group is so important" #UConnFootball

peatonrobb 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says young O-line was "drinking through a fire hose" but is now working as a unit. #UConn

desmondconner 12:06pm via TweetDeck
#Diaco on #UCF defense which leads league in total defense: "They're all older players, they have veteran grizzle to them and well coached."

Reaction Score
JoeDSports 12:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
@UConnFootball Coach Diaco thinking about secondary while listening to Taylor Swift on the way in.

(Dude kills me)

NHRJimFuller 12:08pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Javon Hadley "is a trained corner" according to head coach Bob Diaco

MattSchonvisky 12:09pm via Twitter Web Client
"Brice McAllister is going to play in the games, we don't have any other option and we don't want any other option. CB is his best position"

desmondconner 12:09pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on #UConn secondary youth: "They're coming along, excited about Hadley, in comp with John Green at CB."

NHRJimFuller 12:10pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco: "We believe Brice (McAllister) is going to be a great cornerback here."

EdDaigneault 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says FR CB Brice McAllister will be a good corner eventually but his knowledge of position right now is "remedial."

desmondconner 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Bryce McAlliser: "knowledge of position is remedial at best." McAllister switched from RB to CB #UConn

peatonrobb 12:13pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says team must "limit the menu" on defense because of youth in secondary with Jones out for the season. #UConn

Reaction Score
MattSchonvisky 12:13pm via Twitter Web Client
"No disciplinary action with Arkeel, he just tightened up. As a young player, there's a mental prep that becomes even greater than physical"

MattSchonvisky 12:14pm via Twitter Web Client
"He didn't practice much heading in, so it didn't look like he was ready to produce Thursday. He's 100%, there was no issue, we tweaked leg"

dcsportsdept 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said Arkeel Newsome is 100 percent. #UConn

desmondconner 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Newsome: "He's 100 percent." No disciplinary issues, tweaked lower leg on campus last week "non-football related" #UConn

MattSchonvisky 12:15pm via Twitter Web Client
"I'm pleased w/all 4 backs, all have roles. Max/Josh had appropriate opp and no real separation. Arkeel/Ron, long term, tilt scale"

NHRJimFuller 12:16pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco on freshman TBs: "Arkeel and Ron possess high-level tangible talents."

peatonrobb 12:17pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Arkeel Newsome is healthy. DeLorenzo did not seperate himself at tailback. Newsome and Johnson are "high-level" talents. #UConn

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
MattSchonvisky 12:13pm via Twitter Web Client
"No disciplinary action with Arkeel, he just tightened up. As a young player, there's a mental prep that becomes even greater than physical"

MattSchonvisky 12:14pm via Twitter Web Client
"He didn't practice much heading in, so it didn't look like he was ready to produce Thursday. He's 100%, there was no issue, we tweaked leg"

dcsportsdept 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said Arkeel Newsome is 100 percent. #UConn

desmondconner 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Newsome: "He's 100 percent." No disciplinary issues, tweaked lower leg on campus last week "non-football related" #UConn
OK, so that sounds pretty definitive.

Reaction Score
EdDaigneault 12:18pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says he anticipates Geremy Davis will practice today.

MattSchonvisky 12:19pm via Twitter Web Client
"Dalton most likely out the rest of the year, expect Marder back, gets better & better every day"

UConnFootball 12:19pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Jeremy (Clafin) is good. He is almost at full speed. I expect him to be a full participant in practice today. #RiseUp

UConnFootball 12:19pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Jeremy (Clafin) is good. He is almost at full speed. I expect him to be a full participant in practice today. #RiseUp

Reaction Score
MattSchonvisky 12:19pm via Twitter Web Client
"Lucas & Thomas improving in preparation, route running & preparation. Blocking is better, more aggressive. Leadership/professionalism"

JoeDSports 12:21pm via Twitter for iPhone
@UConnFootball HCBD. Pleased with the progress of the 4 young wide receivers

UConnFootball 12:21pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: We are so excited to get back to the Rent! Hopefully there will be a nice crowd and we apprciate anyone that comes and cheers for us.

desmondconner 12:21pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Rentschler Field: "We're excited [about coming back]...Hopefully not being home for month have not turned lights off.." #UConn

Reaction Score
UConnFootball 12:23pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: To continue to grow, we need to be formidable on defense and have the abilty to run the ball. #RiseUp

UConnFootball 12:25pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Looking at the team, belief, accountability and brotherhood has been growing. They coach each other and it's been good to see.

MattSchonvisky 12:25pm via Twitter Web Client
"Sean [McQuillan] has been asked to do a larger role in blocking, takes away from his route running, pass catching."

desmondconner 12:26pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on tight end position :"improving..McQuillan been asked to block more but need to have him do more things for us." #UConn

NHRJimFuller 12:27pm via TweetDeck
Tommy Myers is most productive in-lline blocker among tight ends according to #UConn's Bob Diaco

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't believe him at all regarding Arkeel.

Why because he completely contradicted himself in 2 sentences?

I'd love to hear the answer to "when did he tighten up?"

Reaction Score
I don't believe him at all regarding Arkeel.

Why? He's been pretty straight forward with any other disciplinary items thus far (such as players leaving etc.). In watching the conference he seemed pretty genuine about it vs. other things I've seen before. If I'd say anything, based on his statement about Arkeel practicing and not getting the mental reps and not being able to put the two together as one cohesive piece to be able to be effective, then the only thing I could glean from that is that he didn't play because he didn't practice as hard as perhaps he could have and therefore lost some playing time. But I wouldn't call that disciplinary more than learning.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why? He's been pretty straight forward with any other disciplinary items thus far (such as players leaving etc.). In watching the conference he seemed pretty genuine about it vs. other things I've seen before. If I'd say anything, based on his statement about Arkeel practicing and not getting the mental reps and not being able to put the two together as one cohesive piece to be able to be effective, then the only thing I could glean from that is that he didn't play because he didn't practice as hard as perhaps he could have and therefore lost some playing time. But I wouldn't call that disciplinary more than learning.

Because if what he is saying is true then why did he magically appear for a series in the third quarter?

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear the answer to "when did he tighten up?"

I read that as "tighten up" mentally. Gotta wonder if he was in a freshman "woe is me" mode and became tentative.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I read that as "tighten up" mentally. Gotta wonder if he was in a freshman "woe is me" mode and became tentative.

Weird that these 'leg' issues lead to the same in game usage patterns....

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Weird that these 'leg' issues lead to the same in game usage patterns....

Yep - but I was taken over the coals when I questioned it. It was coach speak like Belichick and they dont need to reveal issues due to HIPPA...

There are no lower leg issues - thats the 'you are in the dawg house' verbage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69