Diaco Weekly Press Confernce (East Carolina) | The Boneyard

Diaco Weekly Press Confernce (East Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
McDTwin212:44pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco said top priority is focus on how UConn can get better, not about opponent

UConnFootball12:44pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: We are drilling down each day to get better. It's exciting and fun to be in game week. This week is a great opportunity. #RiseUp

McDTwin212:46pm via Twitter Web Client
"We've got so much work to do." Diaco said. "We're a developmental program."

McDTwin212:48pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco said he enjoys teaching fundamentals and developing players, at times it can be frustrating he says

McDTwin212:49pm via Twitter Web Client
He said he wants to teach players the next step or tool, but they aren't ready to be taught it yet

Reaction Score
UConnFootball12:49pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: We've had some more spirited work and some great practices. The players and coaches have stayed fresh during the bye weeks. #RiseUp

JoeDSports12:50pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBD: Have had spirited workouts but enjoying some time off. Practices have been smart, not zapping players.

UConnFootball12:51pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: The young D-Line players are getting better by being faster. They are really moving along. #RiseUp

JoeDSports12:51pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBD: Offensive line keeps getting better and better. Thought they did an admirable job there.

UConnFootball12:52pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Every day, the offensive line is getting better and better. We are able to do some more things with them as they continue to improve.

attSchonvisky12:54pm via Twitter Web Client
"Offensive lineman totally drink through a fire hose as a true freshman, year 3 they really are ready" Diaco

NHRJimFuller12:54pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said offensive line is getting better but quality of play nowhere close to where it needs to be

Reaction Score
dcsportsdept12:54pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said the running back rotation should be the same this week #UConn

MattSchonvisky12:57pm via Twitter Web Client
"We will not waste a kids' year from here on out" Diaco on burning any redshirts rest of year

JoeDSports12:57pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBD: I dont think its too late to play true freshman who havent played but I won't waste a players redshirt year

JoeDSports12:58pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBD We are in the R&D part of our program. Research and development. Eventually product will be rolled out.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
McDTwin21:06pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco said the program will be turned into a champion

McDTwin21:07pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco said program is moving in right direction in virtually every single category, it's not showing on the scoreboard yet

dcsportsdept1:07pm via TweetDeck
Diaco is trying to stay focused on focusing to help himself as a head coach in the second half of the season.

UConnFootball1:07pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: In virtually every category, we are showing improvement. Not on the scoreboard yet, but that needs to happen and it will.#RiseUp

Reaction Score
JoeDSports1:01pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBDD We want @T_Boyle_14 to come in and produce like we know that he can. He is healing up ,responding to challenges.

MattSchonvisky1:01pm via Twitter Web Client
"Tim is responding and is excited and responding, Chandler understands what we all want, he's mentoring" Diaco

UConnFootball1:01pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Everyone is trying to mentor Tim and bring him along so he can take that next step in his development. #RiseUp

very encouraging words about Boyle, but I wish he would just say what the injury is, and why the heck did he even play one series last week if he is injured?

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Solid effort by BD in the reality department, still needs to keep working hard.

Reaction Score
He is right about one thing. The kids just keep working hard and something good happens. What more can you ask for.

I'm with you. This young bunch will break through eventually. They need some confidence and that will once again lead to some more wins.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If this was 1975, I would be looking for helicopters to evacuate the players after the game.

Reaction Score
UConn football preaching patience
http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article..._medium=referral&utm_source=post original url

>>
So where is that progress being made on the offensive live, which has allowed 20 sacks in five games? "I think communication," senior guard Gus Cruz said. "Really knowing where we are going and stuff like that. There's more vocal communication as far as who we are doubling to, stuff like that. We're calling out the plays. We are being more critical of ourselves and really working within the schemes and the techniques. All of that has really been a main theme this bye week and leading up to this game. "We've really gotten down to working on fundamentals and we've really been working hard."<<

Reaction Score
I don't like the results of the games but I appreciate Diaco's wisdom and understanding of where the team is from an evolutionary standpoint. He flat out knows that this team cannot compete in a shootout so they are intentional about playing in low scoring affairs. UCONN held Tulane to less points than UCF. So if they can avoid some of the costly turnovers we might win a game or two!

Reaction Score
Diaco has drilled down so much this season he ought to hit China any day now. His process may eventually work (I hope), but he needs some major help in public 'management of statements'.

Reaction Score
Diaco has drilled down so much this season he ought to hit China any day now. His process may eventually work (I hope), but he needs some major help in public 'management of statements'.
Diaco is articulate and an original. He knows exactly what he is doing. The way he talks and carries himself made him a Millionaire. You either like him or you don't. If he was winning you wouldn't be talking about his Public relations skill set.

He's been in coaching for 20 years. I find it amusing when I read comments from the arm chair coaches of the world. Diaco knows exactly where he wants to take this team and he is adamant about not taking short cuts. He has a vision for where he wants to take UCONN! I put my money on Diaco. He is money in the bank. Just gonna take a couple of years for the stock to start paying dividends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom