Diaco Weekly Press Conference (Memphis) Tidbits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco Weekly Press Conference (Memphis) Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's a few things that coach Diaco was quoted as saying that gives me hope:

peatonrobb 12:37pm via TweetDeck
Diaco "This is a moment in time," and not indicitive of #UConn program.

NHRJimFuller 12:38pm via TweetDeck
#UConn coach Bob Diaco: "We are going to get it solved. That is why I was brought here to get it done and I will get it done."

UConnFootball 12:38pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: The problem has been identified. We've enacted an action play to solve the problem. I'm going to get it done ...I'm excited about it

*** I like the fact that he's optomistic and has a plan (that none of can see right now) in place... ***

AND

UConnFootball 12:18pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Memphis is a completely different team this year. They are in year three of their program and they play together and play hard.

peatonrobb 12:19pm via TweetDeck
Diaco excited by the #Memphis model of building a program. #UConn huskymedic, Today at 12:19 PM Report #5 Like Reply

*** guys remember how bad Memphis was the past few years??? I don't like to wait, BUT if we're gonna be better in the long run, I'd rather wait for the finished product. *** The only problem I have with this; scenario is that he doesn't pull an Edsall....

Reaction Score
Diaco made the comments today:

Diaco said he has a long way to go but has learned so much as a head coach

Bob Diaco on learning curve: "Just like Andreas (KNappe) at right tackle, I am growing the same way."

Diaco says he's learned "so much" about coaching since taking the job and is growing. "It's exciting."

Does this bother anyone? They are obviously true, but didn't UConn need to hire a proven head coach with a winning system to turn UConn around given how critical football is to conference realignment? Basically, Diaco is saying he is learning on the job and he was a risky hire.

I support Diaco and I still think he can turn around UConn football, but I wish he would stop talking and focus on results.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Memphis really wasn't that bad last year outside of the UConn game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom