Diaco Weekly Press Conference (Memphis) Tidbits | The Boneyard

Diaco Weekly Press Conference (Memphis) Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
30 minutes till the fun begins... http://www.uconnhuskies.com/collegesportslive/

NHRJimFuller 11:10am via TweetDeck
Only changes on #UConn depth chart at LB with Junior Joseph listed as starter and Jon Hicks primary backup a2 of LB spot

EdDaigneault 11:18am via TweetDeck
Chandler Whitmer is listed as UConn's starting QB for this week. Ryan Crozier not listed on 2-deep but played for Cruz last week, FWIW.

NHRJimFuller 11:35am via TweetDeck
Memphis, which hosts #UConn on Saturday, has three defensive players (CB McCain, S Ifedi, DE Etienne) playing in @Shrine_Game

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
'Chandler Whitmer is listed as UConn's starting QB for this week. Ryan Crozier not listed on 2-deep but played for Cruz last week, FWIW.'

Wasnt he listed in same spot last week?

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:03pm via TweetDeck
#UConn football coach Bob Diaco opens press conference by congratulating national champion field hockey team

desmondconner 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "The score [41-0 loss to #Cincinnati] is not indicative of the defensive effort" #uconnfootball

NHRJimFuller 12:06pm via TweetDeck
#UConn coach Bob Diaco expecting electric atmosphere at Saturday's Memphis game

NHRJimFuller 12:07pm via TweetDeck
#UConn coach Bob Diaco said QB Tim Boyle "sounded like an owner (of offense)."

desmondconner 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on QB Boyle: Manage formations and personnel and clock well" #UConnFootball

UConnFootball 12:08pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Tim Boyle sounded like an owner of the offense on Saturday. His confidence and mechanics have improved greatly. #RiseUp

UConnFootball 12:09pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Tim's best football is way out in front of him. He hasn't even scratched the surface. #RiseUp

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:09pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said strikes down the fleld have been limited by design as season wore on due to offensive line issues

NHRJimFuller 12:10pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said tackles Andreas Knappe and Richard Levy continue to get better

peatonrobb 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says #UConn had to abandon strikes down the filed after 3 or 4 games because team had given up enough sacks for an entire season.

UConnFootball 12:11pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Tim (Boyle) has a strong arm and can make all the throws. #RiseUp

MattSchonvisky 12:11pm via Twitter Web Client
"I'm not a flavor of the month, asking players to do things they can't do yet is foolish, this is NOT the offense we want to run."

NHRJimFuller 12:12pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said he'd like to be a heavy run team type of offense

desmondconner 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on offense would like to run heavy run team with shift trays and motions

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:16pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: said plan for #Cincinnati was good but field position and lack of average production on offense, punting hurt #uconnfootball

MattSchonvisky 12:16pm via Twitter Web Client
Punting struggled Sat: "Wain took coaching very well and got back on truck by end of game"

MattSchonvisky 12:18pm via Twitter Web Client
Huskies are very well aware of what is at stake this Saturday

desmondconner 12:18pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on #Memphis. He understands the #AAC is in process of sending championship trophy down for Saturday....#UConnFootball

desmondconner 12:19pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said independent of the trophy deal to #Memphis, he would like to team to go on raod and play well more than anything...#UConn

UConnFootball 12:20pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: We have learned a lot of lessons on the road. Now I want to go on the road in our final road game and play well and finish. #RiseUp

UConnFootball 12:18pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Memphis is a completely different team this year. They are in year three of their program and they play together and play hard.

peatonrobb 12:19pm via TweetDeck
Diaco excited by the #Memphis model of building a program. #UConn

Reaction Score
MattSchonvisky 12:20pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on himself: "Guy that showed up in middle of Dec is not the guy standing here now, hopefully in May, I can say same thing again"

desmondconner 12:20pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said he has a long way to go but has learned so much as a head coach #UConnFootball

NHRJimFuller 12:21pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco on learning curve: "Just like Andreas (KNappe) at right tackle, I am growing the same way."

peatonrobb 12:21pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Diaco says he's learned "so much" about coaching since taking the job and is growing. "It's exciting."

Reaction Score
UConnFootball 12:25pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: I would like Tim to start at QB on Saturday but we have a full week of preparation to get through. #RiseUp

NHRJimFuller 12:25pm via TweetDeck
On QB Tim Boyle starting & seeing as many snaps this week "I would like that be the case." Will depend on Boyle's performance this week

NHRJimFuller 12:26pm via TweetDeck
Bob Diaco said Tyler Davis will be at #UConn for spring drills

NHRJimFuller 12:28pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said QB Tyler Davis only recruit with paper work filled to enroll for spring semester

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
any questions about the disillusioned fan base?

desmondconner 12:35pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: We really feel bad the record is the way it is. It hurts that our fans not enjoying Saturdays like need to and will be...

NHRJimFuller 12:35pm via TweetDeck
#UConn'a Bob Diaco: "We really feel bad that the record is what it is and that hurts."

JoeDSports 12:36pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBD Players,coaches feel sorry for Husky Nation for disappointing record.

peatonrobb 12:37pm via TweetDeck
Diaco "This is a moment in time," and not indicitive of #UConn program.

NHRJimFuller 12:38pm via TweetDeck
#UConn coach Bob Diaco: "We are going to get it solved. That is why I was brought here to get it done and I will get it done."

UConnFootball 12:38pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: The problem has been identified. We've enacted an action play to solve the problem. I'm going to get it done ...I'm excited about it

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I....I can't even. Those set of tweets from 12:03 to 12:09 make me want to jump in front of a truck

Bonehead

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:27pm via TweetDeck
#UConn coach Bob Diaco said Jefferson Ashiru didn't want to be on team any longer and "I wish him the best."

EdDaigneault 12:27pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said Ashiru decided to leave the team. It was not Diaco's decision.

MattSchonvisky 12:27pm via Twitter Web Client
"Jefferson [Ashiru] decided he didn't want to be on team anymore, I wish him the best, he's bright and hope he finds what situation he likes

Well that is different than what the unnamed source said - I know it doesnt matter - unless you are Jefferson Ashiru.

'UConn officials said that Ashiru left the team after losing interest in playing' should have said UConn officials said that Ashiru left the team after losing interest in playing for this coaching staff.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
EdDaigneault 11:18am via TweetDeck
Chandler Whitmer is listed as UConn's starting QB for this week. Ryan Crozier not listed on 2-deep but played for Cruz last week, FWIW.

UConnFootball 12:25pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: I would like Tim to start at QB on Saturday but we have a full week of preparation to get through. #RiseUp

NHRJimFuller 12:25pm via TweetDeck
On QB Tim Boyle starting & seeing as many snaps this week "I would like that be the case." Will depend on Boyle's performance this week

Is this that thing we do to keep the competition on their heels - competitive advantage I think it was called?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some introspection and self-evaluation that's honest? He's got that going for him.

Finally admitting that he isn't running anything near what he wants to run? That's fair too.

Acknowledging the on field product has been tough for the fans? Nice touch.

I actually feel good overall.

We should remind him that no matter how tough it is right now, it's not over til we say it's over.

After all, it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Reaction Score
JohnFSilver 2:45pm via Twitter Web Client
But one thing that perplexed me was offensive scheme. Someone asked me on radio what they run on offense, and I didn't know.

JohnFSilver 2:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco explained what they are and wanted to be. Huskies were 2 TEs, run ball and chuck it deep beginning of year. Are shotgun 3 WRs now.

JohnFSilver 2:47pm via Twitter Web Client
The team had to alter to prevent sacks, turnovers etc. Right now, quick sideline passing game is what they run. Few shots down field.

JohnFSilver 2:48pm via Twitter Web Client
That won't be what Huskies run in 2015. Offense now is still evolving heavily. Desire is to be "heavy." Personnel right now more spread.

JohnFSilver 2:48pm via Twitter Web Client
Also, the passing game has stayed out of the middle to avoid INTs, and haven't gone deep to avoid sacks. Yards hard to come by.

JohnFSilver 2:49pm via Twitter Web Client
That's where the offense is now.

JohnFSilver 3:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
Also, Huskies have to rebuild Qb position in recruiting. Boyle, Shirrefs, davis next year. Need 1 more for 2015. 1 in 2016 too.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Somebody tell Timmy Boyle to put the offense up for sale on EBay. Cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom