Diaco tapes an episode of CPTV Sports "Beyond the Beat" this morning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco tapes an episode of CPTV Sports "Beyond the Beat" this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
True, and he's answered similarly to similar questions before. I was more struck by the outward negative tone by MD. Jack Zergiotis played it cool... This time.
I likes the look on their faces when he answered the recruiting questions. Diaco says and is doing all the right things. We just need to see if it translates to the field.

Reaction Score
Haha I don't know that vitamin D is a magic elixir, but it speaks to exacting attention to detail that's been missing around here... Helping kids be their best. And I freakin love it.
Maybe not a magic elixer but I was put on 2000 IUs of it last fall after having extensive bloodwork done due to gout/hyper uricemia. Was surprised at how much better I felt after about a month on the stuff. Late afternoons, early evening always felt exhausted, going back years. It was the only vitamin the rheumatologist recommended. I swear by the stuff now, and I guess it is a vitamin many people in the northeast lack due to not enough sun exposure in the winter months.

As for Diaco, who knows how good a coach he will be, but the guy has a plan for everything. Impressed so far with his attention to detail.

Reaction Score
Maybe not a magic elixer but I was put on 2000 IUs of it last fall after having extensive bloodwork done due to gout/hyper uricemia. Was surprised at how much better I felt after about a month on the stuff. Late afternoons, early evening always felt exhausted, going back years. It was the only vitamin the rheumatologist recommended. I swear by the stuff now, and I guess it is a vitamin many people in the northeast lack due to not enough sun exposure in the winter months.

As for Diaco, who knows how good a coach he will be, but the guy has a plan for everything. Impressed so far with his attention to detail.

I take it every winter, I think it helps bigtime.

Spending time outside also helps with Vitamin D.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Haha I actually supplement vitamin D too - doc said it was low last winter. ;)

(She also suggested I get tested for sleep apnea, which is neither here nor there for this thread, but the difference in sleep quality I get now with a CPAP vs. without one is shocking)

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but how does a guy with a stuttering problem make it on TV?

Even if it is local public television....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeeeeeesh... with "friends" like Zone and DiMauro... (more DiMauro this time)...:confused:

That's what we need now. We don't need another softball-lobbing session.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

(She also suggested I get tested for sleep apnea, which is neither here nor there for this thread, but the difference in sleep quality I get now with a CPAP vs. without one is shocking)

And low D makes your hair fall out.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
And low D makes your hair fall out.
I can assure you that I have quite the opposite problem. About the only drawback of being Italian...

Reaction Score
"Running the ball and defense travel"

Winning is all that matters, but this is going to disappoint some on here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Same here on apnea & CPAP. Pretty amazing change really.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I love everything that BD brings to UConn, and expect that he will be successful. I give BD credit for using every opportunity to get the message out there, abd I really enjoyed the show, at least the parts where BD spoke. I haven't lived in CT for 12 years and have never seen the Joe Zone and Mike DiMauro. Are you kidding me? They aren't even the minor leagues. They should have edited out the questions and only aired the answers. MD was so gaga over BD, that he couldn't put 2 words together. At least, Jack Zergiotis understood how to stack building blocks, but didn't offer much else.

Reaction Score
I love everything that BD brings to UConn, and expect that he will be successful. I give BD credit for using every opportunity to get the message out there, abd I really enjoyed the show, at least the parts where BD spoke. I haven't lived in CT for 12 years and have never seen the Joe Zone and Mike DiMauro. Are you kidding me? They aren't even the minor leagues. They should have edited out the questions and only aired the answers. MD was so gaga over BD, that he couldn't put 2 words together. At least, Jack Zergiotis understood how to stack building blocks, but didn't offer much else.
And that is an honest evaluation of some of the local TV and newspaper personalities. Not that they are at the top of their totem poles but unfortunately they are close. The hoard has dropped off a lot from the good old days.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
And that is an honest evaluation of some of the local TV and newspaper personalities. Not that they are at the top of their totem poles but unfortunately they are close. The hoard has dropped off a lot from the good old days.
Told my wife, class of '90, they should have just shown the copy of the questions, and BD with his live responses. Although, not sure that I would want to see the copy MD's questions. Isn't he a BC guy?

Reaction Score
The sad thing is that those two guys get paid to communicate and Bob Diaco gets paid to coach.

My big takeaway was that Bob Diaco seems to be changing the program from the foundation on up. You start with the most basic issues such as locker room organization, nutrition, practice regimens, and then you build up.

His recruiting strategy and operation plan are really interesting, sounds like alot of coaches will be making out and back recruiting trips to AAC cities with multiple direct flights.

This is not a guy that is here to make a few fixes with a bunch of JUCO players and then bounce out of here at the first opportunity. He is playing the long game.

As compared to Pasqualoni, who just seemed to be in rinse, wash, repeat mode. This guy is actually thinking.

Reaction Score
Although some may feel that MD's questions had a negative theme, they are exactly the thoughts/questions of many that follow UConn football. I appreciated the broadcast and hope we see more. It seems like many on this board have a problem with anyone who writes about UConn sports. I don't agree with everything that is written by CT writers but I'd rather hear their opinion vs. having no writers at all.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Y'know who he reminded me of in that interview? Geno, minus the sarcasm but with the same competitive zeal.

Reaction Score
What stood out to me, imo, was HCBD being just that, a head coach accepting responsibility for getting everyone to a "base level" and that it is on him to do it.....that was awesome-finally someone that is going to put their back into the program or bet yet- the program on his back. Reminded me of JC and GA in leaving no stone unturned but needing to build a base to build a program.

Second thing that stood out was when the conversation turned to QB's.... he mentioned the scenarios each QB played under which gives him more food for thought and then followed it up later in the interview when pressed on throwing the ball he discussed the difficulty in going vertical in cold weather and the talent it takes to throw and catch under those conditions. {IMO....really was very cool and awesome in applauding the skill sets but without doing so...CC sets a school record with 461 vertical on 12/7/2013 and GD follows suit.....} .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom