Diaco tapes an episode of CPTV Sports "Beyond the Beat" this morning | The Boneyard

Diaco tapes an episode of CPTV Sports "Beyond the Beat" this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw a that Diaco taped an episode of "Beyond the Beat" for CPTV Sports this morning at Geno's Grille. I wonder if that idiot Joe Zone had the ba**s to ask Diaco the stuff face to face he has been blasting him about on tv....

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
Just saw a that Diaco taped an episode of "Beyond the Beat" for CPTV Sports this morning at Geno's Grille. I wonder if that idiot Joe Zone had the ba**s to ask Diaco the stuff face to face he has been blasting him about on tv....
I don't watch joe zone - is that his real name? What has he said?

Reaction Score
Whether or not you like joe zone his arguments do make sense.

Reaction Score
In Chezy's first post, it's kind of quaint for her to stand by her man. Never heard of Chezy's husband, but what are his arguments? How do they make sense?

Reaction Score
Diaco said he had Vit D levels checked , re-engaged a PhD nutritionist, organized lockers by position rather than numerical so he can get after the position coaches if they are a mess.
He said he is going to recruit in the AAC cities that have direct flights to Bradley.

Have to say that Joe Zone and DiMauro looked like goofballs and energy vampires. Jeff Jacobs wasn't there. They gave me the impression that they don't think that Diaco can do it.

Reaction Score
More important question, did anyone call out the Boneyard this week?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Here is the show:

Dimauro looks like he borrowed his father's suit coat, or lost 100 pounds. Look at how it fits, then at Joe Zone, and that's a good illustration of the importance of a tailor. And Zone should unbutton his coat when seated.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Cliffs Notes...

MD : I was surprised UConn could get someone like you.
Jack Zergiotis : Team has a chance to be really good with the right direction - good for you, right? (essentially, hinting that this is a resume builder for BD)
BD : Not gonna evaluate guys based on 2013. CW came in a tough spot, TB hit the toughest part of the schedule, CC had other circumstances. And across the board the team had low vitamin D (affects energy).
MD : Never heard that Vitamin D angle before.
BD : Engaging with a UConn PHD nutritionist to perfect their diets.
MD : Program needs to be sold, lots of empty seats.
BD : Getting the word out and wants give folks results on the field.
MD : Probably didn't have to sell much at ND huh?
BD : Had to do it at all at previous stops.
MD : Are you a defense first guy?
BD : I'm a player development guy.
Jack Zergiotis : Something about how hard it is to recruit here versus ND
BD : There's more than enough talent in the Northeast and in major areas with direct flights to Bradley.
MD : Program has won before mostly on running and defense. Fans want to see more action. Can you win other than 17-10?
BD : Just win.
Jack Zergiotis : Most of time, winning/losing difference between 3 plays, agree?
BD : Not just football, but life.
MD : What was your perception of UConn before being hired?
BD : High profile.

Yeeeeeesh... with "friends" like Zone and DiMauro... (more DiMauro this time)...:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dimauro looks like he borrowed his father's suit coat, or lost 100 pounds. Look at how it fits, then at Joe Zone, and that's a good illustration of the importance of a tailor. And Zone should unbutton his coat when seated.
Did DiMauro borrow Warde's blazer?

Good piece. DiMauro looks very out of his element. Jack Zergiotis at least seemed like he belonged at the table in how he projected himself. Diaco gives a great interview.

Reaction Score
Cliffs Notes...

Jack Zergiotis : Team has a chance to be really good with the right direction - good for you, right? (essentially, hinting that this is a resume builder for BD)
BD : Not gonna evaluate guys based on 2013. CW came in a tough spot, TB hit the toughest part of the schedule, CC had other circumstances. And across the board the team had low vitamin D (affects energy).
BD : There's more than enough talent in the Northeast and in major areas with direct flights to Bradley.
MD : Program has won before mostly on running and defense. Fans want to see more action. Can you win other than 17-10?
Jack Zergiotis : Most of time, winning/losing difference between 3 plays, agree?

Yeeeeeesh... with "friends" like Zone and DiMauro... (more DiMauro this time)...:confused:
actually those were easy questions because they were probably the same questions answered on his interview

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was amazed how MD takes a negative angle on his questions. He was surprised that UConn could get a coach like Diaco? Really? Diaco is a 40 year old guy making $500k (or similar) that has never been a head coach before...yet UConn and their $1.5 mm pulled the upset to get him to come here?

Yet...MD wonders why this board is not a fan of his.

Reaction Score
Cliffs Notes...

Who knew we were only 5000 units of Vitamin D per week per player away from bowling last year. It is a vitamin that men of all ages need in proper doses. I'm thrilled and amazed at the depths to which HCBD is making changes to the program. Leaving no stone unturned. Get the low hanging fruit right now build on it and come out like gang busters. Go Huskies!!!!!!!!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Haha I don't know that vitamin D is a magic elixir, but it speaks to exacting attention to detail that's been missing around here... Helping kids be their best. And I freakin love it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
actually those were easy questions because they were probably the same questions answered on his interview
True, and he's answered similarly to similar questions before. I was more struck by the outward negative tone by MD. Jack Zergiotis played it cool... This time.

Reaction Score
Mike DiMauro's resume:
Sits in the corner with his shoulders slouched and his hands crossed showing zero confidence
Wears a coat about 3 sizes too big
Babbles questions that need to be completed by others
7:38 Vitamin D... awe... brilliant

Stick to the biased columns, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads