Diaco speak vesus other coaches | The Boneyard

Diaco speak vesus other coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why BD may not be crazy Bob. Here are quotes form 3 other head coaches about their programs (none of the 3 are close to being conference champions) -
Coach 1 - “We’re not going into the year settling or anything. We’re going into the year to compete. Win the opener, get bowl eligible, compete in our conference championship. It’s all on the table. You realistically know what your liabilities are, what your issues are. That doesn’t mean you’re not going 100 miles an hour attacking it with full optimism to win every game.”

Coach 2 - "We’re excited about what’s going on right now, right here and right now, that’s what we’re excited about. Every year you come off a season and there’s lessons you learned, the things that went well, the things that didn’t go well, and you look forward."

Coach 3 - "It's been highly publicized of what our goals are and how we want to move this program. Our goals are to take this program to places that we haven't been. Over the last three years we've won the first conference championship. We've won the first Lambert Cup. We've continued to go to bowl games. "Now we want to go to New Year's Day bowl games, Eastern Division championships, Final Four appearances, National Championships. Those are the places that this program hasn't been and places that we're building towards and I know those are the goals of the team. None of those (goals) get done without our focus on tomorrow. Our focus will be completely on tomorrow, and being 1-0 tomorrow. That'll be the process. So now we'll go from an offseason of setting goals and a lot of hard work to really the day-to-day process of building a football team.”

BD - "We're going to win every game. We're going to play as one of the four teams in the playoffs and win the national championship. ... Our expectation is we will win the football games. The score at the end of the game, we will have at least one more point than the opponent."

Guess the 3 coaches. I can tell you coach 2 is not someone I want as a head coach. Coach 3, if you can guess him, is more over the top than BD in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the 3 coaches are Schafer, Addazzio, and Flood. Pretty sure the last one is Flood.

Reaction Score
Why BD may not be crazy Bob. Here are quotes form 3 other head coaches about their programs (none of the 3 are close to being conference champions) -
Coach 1 - “We’re not going into the year settling or anything. We’re going into the year to compete. Win the opener, get bowl eligible, compete in our conference championship. It’s all on the table. You realistically know what your liabilities are, what your issues are. That doesn’t mean you’re not going 100 miles an hour attacking it with full optimism to win every game.”

Coach 2 - "We’re excited about what’s going on right now, right here and right now, that’s what we’re excited about. Every year you come off a season and there’s lessons you learned, the things that went well, the things that didn’t go well, and you look forward."

Coach 3 - "It's been highly publicized of what our goals are and how we want to move this program. Our goals are to take this program to places that we haven't been. Over the last three years we've won the first conference championship. We've won the first Lambert Cup. We've continued to go to bowl games. "Now we want to go to New Year's Day bowl games, Eastern Division championships, Final Four appearances, National Championships. Those are the places that this program hasn't been and places that we're building towards and I know those are the goals of the team. None of those (goals) get done without our focus on tomorrow. Our focus will be completely on tomorrow, and being 1-0 tomorrow. That'll be the process. So now we'll go from an offseason of setting goals and a lot of hard work to really the day-to-day process of building a football team.”

BD - "We're going to win every game. We're going to play as one of the four teams in the playoffs and win the national championship. ... Our expectation is we will win the football games. The score at the end of the game, we will have at least one more point than the opponent."

Guess the 3 coaches. I can tell you coach 2 is not someone I want as a head coach. Coach 3, if you can guess him, is more over the top than BD in my opinion.

I am going with Randy Edsall, Scott Shafer (Cuse), Kyle Flood (Rutgers)

Edsall is a guess but I am sure about Shafer and Flood (Google makes all of us look smarter than we are!)

Reaction Score
Addazio, Shafer (sp?), Flood.
Can't be Edsall, the word "execute" was missing ;)

Reaction Score
Sometimes you have to wonder if Diaco isn't sneaking a couple puffs off the peace pipe before he goes to the podium. I know he isn't but still....:)

Reaction Score
... and that is why it mystifies me here when people get testicular torsion over what any coach says. They are a notch above politicians 95% of the time.

Reaction Score
Sometimes you have to wonder if Diaco isn't sneaking a couple puffs off the peace pipe before he goes to the podium. I know he isn't but still....:)

I know what you mean, he certainly is a different breed. To gain insight into Bob Diaco's modus operendi some knowledge of Hayden Fry helps . He is a Hayden Fry disciple and athough different individuals, he is modeling UCONN's Turnaround at Iowa under Fry.

Check this out, What a Ride, Part 1

Here is Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member