Diaco should pick up the phone and call... | The Boneyard

Diaco should pick up the phone and call...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Malik Zaire!

We could really use a dynamic play maker at quarterback instead of the fullback Shirreffs. I thought Shirreffs played admirably this season but if Diaco could cash in on the grad transfer rule with his connections to ND I don't see it being that far fetched.

If Diaco could land Zaire we would have a shot at AAC title next season.

Reaction Score
A quarterback from Texas Tech has been granted to release as well. He would be eligible to play next year.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but going out to get a one year quarterback would set the team back on its course as program. We already used Davis red shirt... to put him back on the depth chart even as a number two ahead of Sheriffs if he is that good would stunt his growth. We need to develop our O Line first so our WR can get open and Sherriffs doesn't have to run all the time. No sure thing with one and done players.

Reaction Score
Malik Zaire!

We could really use a dynamic play maker at quarterback instead of the fullback Shirreffs. I thought Shirreffs played admirably this season but if Diaco could cash in on the grad transfer rule with his connections to ND I don't see it being that far fetched.

Except Zaire is only a Junior I believe?

Reaction Score
Taysom Hill from BYU who is a 5th yr senior. Rumor is he may go to Michigan to play for Jim Harbaugh. If he does, then pluck John O'Korn, red shirt junior who has been running Michigan's scout team. He left Houston because he lost his job to Greg Ward after a two years at Houston. I would love to see O'Korn playing for UCONN at the Rent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want to see what Davis brings to the spring game!

Been thinking the same thing lately. I would think by then he'd be right on Shirrefs' heels as far as competing for the starting gig.

Reaction Score
Let's give Shirreffs the benefit of the doubt and let him work on his game. This was his first year as QB and his first year of football since game 2 in 2013.

60% Completion, more TD's than INT's and a running threat. Needs to sharpen his reads and improve his deep ball.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Confident Carl said:
Taysom Hill from BYU who is a 5th yr senior. Rumor is he may go to Michigan to play for Jim Harbaugh. If he does, then pluck John O'Korn, red shirt junior who has been running Michigan's scout team. He left Houston because he lost his job to Greg Ward after a two years at Houston. I would love to see O'Korn playing for UCONN at the Rent.

Great, let's get a guy who couldn't win the job at two other programs.

Reaction Score
Great, let's get a guy who couldn't win the job at two other programs.
This thread is starting to sound like some of the crazies who commented on the Courant column on the women's basketball game last night. I realize that you have to overstock the QB position but we really don't know what we have sitting on the bench or already coming in. I say the O line needs the biggest improvement and that comes with time together which will give the QB a breather. It didn't take Casey C much playing time to pick up his concussions. The O line has to improve so our QB's stay upright. That happens and we will be on the upward trajectory that HCBD is looking for.

Reaction Score
Been thinking the same thing lately. I would think by then he'd be right on Shirrefs' heels as far as competing for the starting gig.
I sure hope so. One thing I loved about this kid is he displayed some leadership once he committed to play here. He rallied around all the other commits. Sign of a leader. I certainly hope he's taken the next step. If Boyle comes out of this thing as the #2 QB then we still got problems at the position. I don't care how much he's developed. At this level of CFB either you get it in a year or 2 or you don't. Granted its an even worse case here with all the coaching changes that went on over Boyle's tenure here.

Reaction Score
Amen! I think elite QBs don't even look at us as an option because they are afraid they have their career cut short due to our weak OL

Elite QB's don't look at us as an option because being an offensive minded team that is up tempo and looks to score a lot is not on BD's agenda We didn't open up the game because, according to BD........that's not our style.

Get use to 10 point games and a run....run.....run.....punt offense. Seems like we are watching a GDL movie from the 1940's.

Reaction Score
Let's give Shirreffs the benefit of the doubt and let him work on his game. This was his first year as QB and his first year of football since game 2 in 2013.

60% Completion, more TD's than INT's and a running threat. Needs to sharpen his reads and improve his deep ball.

60 % completion is misleading when he will go 6-10 in a game. The lack of the passing game is obviously on our O-line but it can't all be blamed on them. The QB needs to step up at certain points and make the big plays.

Reaction Score
tduconn said:
Elite QB's don't look at us as an option because being an offensive minded team that is up tempo and looks to score a lot is not on BD's agenda We didn't open up the game because, according to BD...that's not our style. Get use to 10 point games and a run....run.....run.....punt offense. Seems like we are watching a GDL movie from the 1940's.

Sure. But sitting on he bench for 4 or 5 years elsewhere must be a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but going out to get a one year quarterback would set the team back on its course as program. We already used Davis red shirt... to put him back on the depth chart even as a number two ahead of Sheriffs if he is that good would stunt his growth. We need to develop our O Line first so our WR can get open and Sherriffs doesn't have to run all the time. No sure thing with one and done players.
Yea Wisky made that same mistake with Russell Wilson.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Let's find some 5th yr olinemen

Bingo. If we are going to tap into the transfer waters, I'd prefer to use our energy trying to patch up our OL. We could have Tom Brady at QB next year but if he has less than 1 second to read a defense and execute, we won't move the ball that well again.

Sure, QBs are more of a "sexy" get. But OL is where games are won and lost with our style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom