Diaco on Recruits | The Boneyard

Diaco on Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He said in an interview with Joe D that he wouldn't trade his recruits for anyone elses. I think that's a little ridiculous. I don't have the video but UConn sent it to season ticket holders. Hope Bob gets the potential out of these kids that he sees in them. His optimism is crazy for a 2 win team.

Reaction Score
He said in an interview with Joe D that he wouldn't trade his recruits for anyone elses. I think that's a little ridiculous. I don't have the video but UConn sent it to season ticket holders. Hope Bob gets the potential out of these kids that he sees in them. His optimism is crazy for a 2 win team.
Coach speak and part of the love em up mantra.

Did anyone catch Brian Kelly on ESPN radio yesterday? In talking about what he wants in a football recruit (I paraphrase) They have to love the game. They have to have the passion to play football.

At least we know that BD listened in his former jobs.

Reaction Score
I love his optimism. His positive attitude is very refreshing in a place like New England.

I would enjoy it even more with a larger focus on winning and a higher victory total.

I think it is his analogy of the sculptor or indicating these recruits are like clay and he, the strength coach and all the coaches are going to mold them into something special because they are starting from a strong base, having recruited to the criteria they set out for. He likes the team aspect he sees in these guys already so although they are individuals he looks at everything as family. He knows they are going to get even bigger, stronger, smarter and faster.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Coach speak and part of the love em up mantra.

Did anyone catch Brian Kelly on ESPN radio yesterday? In talking about what he wants in a football recruit (I paraphrase) They have to love the game. They have to have the passion to play football.

At least we know that BD listened in his former jobs.

If you are a fan of Brian Kelly then yes, it is nice that Bob listened.

Hope Bob wasnt listening when Brian Kelly put the video assistant 50 feet up in the air during a storm with 60mph gusts...

:-0

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5734494

Reaction Score

Haha what do you expect him to say...

"Uhhh these guys were not who we wanted, but hey we'll try to make lemonade out of lemons"

I need Cris Carter to give me a huge CMON MAN!!!!!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Haha what do you expect him to say...

"Uhhh these guys were not who we wanted, but hey we'll try to make lemonade out of lemons"

I need Cris Carter to give me a huge CMON MAN!!!!!

He wouldnt say it but it would be refreshing -

"you know, we offered 10 4* recruits who we really wanted, but they chose a different direction, so we ended up with the guys we ended up with. They love football, and with Love and Care and the highest paid OL coach in the AAC, we are excited for the future!"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
People will disagree but I honestly believe this - this guy believes everything he says. Nothing is coach speak. I think he's crazy enough (in a good way) to believe he has the best possible class for UConn. He's not mistaken about competing against Auburn for recruits. He's going after big framed, under the radar, football loving athletes who he believes will be motivated to fill out their bodies and learn football. It's a good strategy that will work - if given enough time.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
People will disagree but I honestly believe this - this guy believes everything he says. Nothing is coach speak. I think he's crazy enough (in a good way) to believe he has the best possible class for UConn. He's not mistaken about competing against Auburn for recruits. He's going after big framed, under the radar, football loving athletes who he believes will be motivated to fill out their bodies and learn football. It's a good strategy that will work - if given enough time.

I dont know if I agree with everything here -

Others have completed called the things he said 'coach speak' and have given examples like Bill Belicheck.

He might not be competing against Auburn for recruits but he is against BC, Rutgers, WVU and others, according to the recruiting threads on this board - and he didnt win many of those - it is early, I know.

Hopefully what you think turns out to be true.

Reaction Score
If he doesn't win the games he "should" and if he doesn't improve his own "in game" performance, he will not get the time.

Reaction Score

One of those big bodied football loving athletes is William Richardson. If you attended or watched the news conference, this kid seems like a natural born leader. He has put on 20 pounds since his recruitment. He even called the coaches yesterday morning to tell them he is up to 240 lbs. He wants to come in and compete for a spot right away. On their official visit, the kid got up at 4 am and woke up the rest of the guys to get a work out before they started the days events. That tells me all I need to know about the kids motivation, desire to be great, passion for football and the will to succeed. I know these intangible traits only go so far, but the kid looks good on tape. He makes his presence known out on the field. This is the same with many of the recruits in this class. What's not to like?!?

Reaction Score
One of those big bodied football loving athletes is William Richardson. If you attended or watched the news conference, this kid seems like a natural born leader. He has put on 20 pounds since his recruitment. He even called the coaches yesterday morning to tell them he is up to 240 lbs. He wants to come in and compete for a spot right away. On their official visit, the kid got up at 4 am and woke up the rest of the guys to get a work out before they started the days events. That tells me all I need to know about the kids motivation, desire to be great, passion for football and the will to succeed. I know these intangible traits only go so far, but the kid looks good on tape. He makes his presence known out on the field. This is the same with many of the recruits in this class. What's not to like?!?

He is a very good looking player. Really nice size and flexibility. Very excited about he and Nazir Williams as linebackers.

Reaction Score
He is a very good looking player. Really nice size and flexibility. Very excited about he and Nazir Williams as linebackers.
Williams, playing WR in HS as well as LB, gives a guy with some good speed and size at the LB position. Good looking young player.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I just hope these kids will play in some real games rather than a few seasons worth of "preseason" games.

Reaction Score
I love his optimism. His positive attitude is very refreshing in a place like New England.

I would enjoy it even more with a larger focus on winning and a higher victory total.

Exactly

Reaction Score

Do you expect him to put his recruits down before they even walk through the door just because they don't have a couple extra shiny stars attached to their name?

Reaction Score

I heard BD say that Will has perfect hair.:D

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What is he going to say. "Hey, guys, you have heard of the expression "kicking ass and taking names." Well, we're one of the names.

Reaction Score
Low star rating and lack of P5 offers? LOL. :rolleyes:
Were not in aP5 league. Why diss the kids that chose to come here? Ultimately the program and Diaco's fate will be decided on whether or not these kids can play. For a school that has seen so many unranked or low ranked kids make the NFL, I don't see why this reaction is necessary.

I wish we could pick players that are going to Alabama, LSU, and USC, it ain't happening probably in our lifetime and I"m only 39. All I want to see is improved play next fall with a team competing for six wins and build from there. We are a long way from that as of the end of this season, but in this conference its doable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Were not in aP5 league. Why diss the kids that chose to come here? Ultimately the program and Diaco's fate will be decided on whether or not these kids can play. For a school that has seen so many unranked or low ranked kids make the NFL, I don't see why this reaction is necessary.

I wish we could pick players that are going to Alabama, LSU, and USC, it ain't happening probably in our lifetime and I"m only 39. All I want to see is improved play next fall with a team competing for six wins and build from there. We are a long way from that as of the end of this season, but in this conference its doable.

He was sarcastically pre-trolling.

Commenting on offer lists or even recruiting ranking <> dissing the recruits.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I get this completely -- just poking fun at the tired shtick that comes from people who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom