Diaco on Boston College | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope.
The reason I ask this, is because it seems that schools like Memphis are not complaining about their league, their plight, their lack of rivals, their past slights, etc... and have been able to adjust to the reality of the situation, and to rise above it. Thats just an observation, meant to be instructive in perhaps how best to be forward looking, and not looking back at " what might have, or should have been ". Best of luck and success to Uconn football. I hope BC decides soon to put the Connecticut lawsuit poisoned years behind them by now and put the Uconn football program on its future BC football schedule.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The reason I ask this, is because it seems that schools like Memphis are not complaining about their league, their plight, their lack of rivals, their past slights, etc... and have been able to adjust to the reality of the situation, and to rise above it. Thats just an observation, meant to be instructive in perhaps how best to be forward looking, and not looking back at " what might have, or should have been ". Best of luck and success to Uconn football. I hope BC decides soon to put the Connecticut lawsuit poisoned years behind them by now and put the Uconn football program on its future BC football schedule.

Might that be because the conference is an upgrade for Memphis?

Do we think the kid's that UConn would recruit aren't smart enough to understand the AAC. They would learn that from us? I'm sure nobody recruiting against us would mention it.

And Memphis might be back to being Memphis if the coach walks away. Would you like a quick primer on how fast things can fall apart with a bad hire? Or do you remember Spaziani?

Reaction Score
Might that be because the conference is an upgrade for Memphis?
?

. A school's morale and attitude toward its conference afiliation probably does effect schools fan bases in both positive, negative, and perhaps even neutral ways.. I do not discount the positive effect it has probably had on the Memphis football program, as your assessment is probably an accurate one, as the AAC league afiliation is considered there as nowhere near as demeaning and beneath them in their stature for membership as it is with Uconn's majority fanbase. My question to Uconn football fans was whether or not such divergent morale and attitude formations in such schools begin to show up on the foeld of play, and in the recruiting. Some so far here have responded to this question with an emphatic " nope ", while others here believe otherwise. Its probably a good thread to discuss on its own.. its better than one more thread on BC anyway, right ?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
. A school's morale and attitude toward its conference afiliation probably does effect schools fan bases in both positive, negative, and perhaps even neutral ways.. I do not discount the positive effect it has probably had on the Memphis football program, as your assessment is probably an accurate one, as the AAC league afiliation is considered there as nowhere near as demeaning and beneath them in their stature for membership as it is with Uconn's majority fanbase. My question to Uconn football fans was whether or not such divergent morale and attitude formations in such schools begin to show up on the foeld of play, and in the recruiting. Some so far here have responded to this question with an emphatic " nope ", while others here believe otherwise. Its probably a good thread to discuss on its own.. its better than one more thread on BC anyway, right ?

Our posting about it is a reflection of it - not the cause of it.

Reaction Score
Our posting about it is a reflection of it - not the cause of it.
Would you say the constant harping on the hatred of being in the AAC as having a positive.. a negative.. or having little to no impact on the state of Uconn football program's attempts to move forward, especially regarding its football recruiting of late ? Just curious, thats all, as you are probably much closer to the program than I am.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would you say the constant harping on the hatred of being in the AAC as having a positive.. a negative.. or having little to no impact on the state of Uconn football program's attempts to move forward, especially regarding its football recruiting of late ? Just curious, thats all, as you are probably much closer to the program than I am.

If we all pretended it was great nothing would change.

So that leads me to believe it's got zero impact.

Reaction Score
Dad, Mom. I've decided to play at UConn for Coach Diaco. I love the coaching staff, the facilities and the campus. What a relief. It's finally over.

I don't know son, have you read this website? Someone named The Viking thinks that UConn's conference reminds him of a morning in the bathroom after Cinco de Mayo. You sure you want to go there?

Oh, you know what. Let me re-think this.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Dad, Mom. I've decided to play at UConn for Coach Diaco. I love the coaching staff, the facilities and the campus. What a relief. It's finally over.

I don't know son, have you read this website? Someone named The Viking thinks that UConn's conference reminds him of a morning in the bathroom after Cinco de Mayo. You sure you want to go there?

Oh, you know what. Let me re-think this.

I think that in this scenario, the kid's parents would actually butt in after hearing "Coach Diaco" and cite all that they've read here.

Reaction Score

Less than zero impact. None. Nada. Zilch. Zamboni.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If any recruit uses the BY as a way to decide if they want to play football at UConn, then god help them! A recruit could read any school's message board and see the same complaining about god knows what. You think before Hoke was fired today, that UM message boards were places of enjoyment and good times? Heck no!

So to answer your question, no. We can post and complain about being in this terrible conference as much as we want and it would make a single difference. If you think the harping on being in the AAC is bad here, just mosey on over to the bball boards and see their perception on this ordeal. In all likelihood, they'd probably tell you that our football team should follow UAB's lead and close up shop so the bball team can return to the Big East (if they'd take us back).

In the end, nothing matters whether we like the conference or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom