Diaco Imparting His Fun on Nebraska | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco Imparting His Fun on Nebraska

Reaction Score
His key statement was the specific reference to taking a defensive posture when your on defense. That was right after they mentioned the transition to attacking defense. Should turn out great.

C

Chief00

His key statement was the specific reference to taking a defensive posture when your on defense. That was right after they mentioned the transition to attacking defense. Should turn out great.
Attacking defense - that will not happen in Nebraska this year.

Reaction Score
Of late, been mostly a BY reader, not posting to often but this.....

This whole thread relating to Diaco amd everything about him, his style, his Diacoisms brought back three
years of nausea, illness, suffering, and pain. Starting with his "exhibitions" in year 1 and coaching decisions in game 1 of year 1
to having to endure the NAVY debacle at Annapolis and the humiliation at Chestnut Hill in year 3, I applaud the administration to ensuring
that the adults are back in charge. A very big shout out and thank you to David B. and Susie......

Reaction Score
Of late, been mostly a BY reader, not posting to often but this.....

This whole thread relating to Diaco amd everything about him, his style, his Diacoisms brought back three
years of nausea, illness, suffering, and pain. Starting with his "exhibitions" in year 1 and coaching decisions in game 1 of year 1
to having to endure the NAVY debacle at Annapolis and the humiliation at Chestnut Hill in year 3, I applaud the administration to ensuring
that the adults are back in charge. A very big shout out and thank you to David B. and Susie.

Fret not, the old is gone! Bring in the new!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Has he ever said "Culture of Corn" or "Corn Culture"?

Reaction Score
Has he ever said "Culture of Corn" or "Corn Culture"?

"We are the CORNHuskers, and the first thing I noticed when I got to campus was that there wasn't NEARLY as much corn in the facility and in the player areas as I had envisioned. So the first thing I did when I was hired was have a variety of corned-based products shipped in and spread throughout the facility Now there are snack bars full of corn dogs, corn chips, corn bread. .. . . . . .. even literal ears of corn, for the players to snack on while they watch film and go about their business"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Still amazed he landed a gig so quickly (at a storied program like that no less) considering what a clogged outhouse he left behind here last season.

Must be the crantaloons.

Worst of all he landed at the program I root for (aside from those I attended). I assume it's punishment from God.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Worst of all he landed at the program I root for (aside from those I attended). I assume it's punishment from God.
same. been a Nebraska fan my entire life. just hilarious to still see him on a regular basis in interviews/clips.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
"We are the CORNHuskers, and the first thing I noticed when I got to campus was that there wasn't NEARLY as much corn in the facility and in the player areas as I had envisioned. So the first thing I did when I was hired was have a variety of corned-based products shipped in and spread throughout the facility Now there are snack bars full of corn dogs, corn chips, corn bread. .. . . . . .. even literal ears of corn, for the players to snack on while they watch film and go about their business"
Seriously? At least he's consistent (i.e batty), but man, are we ever fortunate he's not affiliated our football program any more.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
same. been a Nebraska fan my entire life. just hilarious to still see him on a regular basis in interviews/clips.
IMG_3769.GIF

Reaction Score
Thought you'd enjoy seeing this counter argument from Phil Steele, a respected (but not infallible) voice on the subject of college football.
"Sat down with football guru Phil Steele to get his assessment of the Huskers this year. He said Mike Riley now has the quarterback “to pilot” the offense he wants. Tanner Lee was not overwhelming at Tulane, but didn’t have the supporting cast he'll have in Lincoln.
Defensively, just five starters back but he says expect improvement because of new coordinator Bob Diaco. “Having Diaco is big,” Steele said. “He’s a great defensive mind. I know his teams at Connecticut didn’t fare well, but their defense was always outstanding. Problem was offense couldn’t move the ball.”

Reaction Score
Thought you'd enjoy seeing this counter argument from Phil Steele, a respected (but not infallible) voice on the subject of college football.
"Sat down with football guru Phil Steele to get his assessment of the Huskers this year. He said Mike Riley now has the quarterback “to pilot” the offense he wants. Tanner Lee was not overwhelming at Tulane, but didn’t have the supporting cast he'll have in Lincoln.
Defensively, just five starters back but he says expect improvement because of new coordinator Bob Diaco. “Having Diaco is big,” Steele said. “He’s a great defensive mind. I know his teams at Connecticut didn’t fare well, but their defense was always outstanding. Problem was offense couldn’t move the ball.”

He clearly didnt watch many of our games. Looking at stats only, i guess you could see that, but it's only because we slowed the game down so much. The defense was OK sometimes, decent at the rare moment, and terrible....fairly often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom