Dhameer Bradley Gets Release, Leaving Program (Dez) | The Boneyard

Dhameer Bradley Gets Release, Leaving Program (Dez)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...s-release-leaving-program-20151112-story.html

Found Mr. Bradley's comments interesting:

>>UPDATE: In earlier version I said Bradley is graduating he is not. He didn't play this season so he'll have two years of eligibiliy remaining. He would be subject to sitting out a season if he went to an FBS school but not an FCS.

I caught up with Dhameer's father, Bashir, a few miniutes ago:

“I know my wife and I are going to miss coming up there and spending time with everybody because we truly were treated like a family by everyone, the way we were accepted, was special,” Bashir Bradley said. “At the end of the day, we made the decision as a family but Dhameer wants to play and the system UConn has moved to offensively, wasn’t suitable to his style, of play which is more spread and a lot of passing. UConn is a more of a Pro Style offense now and that’s OK. Listen, nobody is upset about anything here. UConn was good to us and good to Dhameer but he wants to be in a system where can flourish that’s all.”<<

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Classy statement by Mr. Bradley and very happy to hear they feel they were treated like part of the family and have no complaints.

I hope Dhameer finds a top notch program to transfer to and flourishes in the classroom, between the hashes and in life as a whole. Good luck young man, chart your course and execute it.

Husky for life.

Reaction Score
Had really high hopes for him when we got him. Never materialized here for him but best wishes to him.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wish the kid all the best. Not everyone pans out and it's good to see he's looking for a place to land where he can excel. Think the way he's leaving is commendable. Hope he does well

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Very classy, I wish Dhameer and his family nothing but the best.

I liked your post because of your avatar, before even reading what you wrote.

Here's a like for the content too ;)

facebook_like_button.jpg

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that finds the official reason for him transferring strange? When were we supposed to be a spread offense? If anythng, we are playing more spread now than when he came in (not that we have ever trully played a spread offense).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that finds the official reason for him transferring strange? When were we supposed to be a spread offense? If anythng, we are playing more spread now than when he came in (not that we have ever trully played a spread offense).

My opinion is that, as a fanbase, we don't overthink this. Dhameer will continue to grow as a student athlete somewhere other than UCONN, that decision has already been made.

He and his family have made extremely classy statements about his departure and that's as close to a "storybook ending" as you'll ever get in these situations.

Dhameer and all of the Bradley's will be part of the UCONN family forever and I wish them unlimited success as they move in a different direction.

Reaction Score
My opinion is that, as a fanbase, we don't overthink this. Dhameer will continue to grow as a student athlete somewhere other than UCONN, that decision has already been made.

He and his family have made extremely classy statements about his departure and that's as close to a "storybook ending" as you'll ever get in these situations.

Dhameer and all of the Bradley's will be part of the UCONN family forever and I wish them unlimited success as they move in a different direction.

Seriously. Kid has a good head on his shoulders and great family support as well. Wish him the best. I'll never, ever, get mad at a player for transferring. If they think it's the best decision for themselves then godspeed, do what you think is best for yourself. I hope he goes on to have great success.

Reaction Score

Don't over think it.

Reaction Score
It sounds like no matter where Bradley ends up ... he will find success. On the field, in the class room, and in life! I wish it could have worked out for him at UCONN ... but I wish him and his family the best!

Reaction Score
I first met the Bradleys at the signing day event in 2013, great family. I wish them all the best.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wish Dhameer nothing but the best and hope he can catch on at a good FBS program soon. He and his family will always be welcome back to the Rent any time.

Reaction Score
Maybe he'll end up at Fordham with Moorhead. A few UConn transfers have had huge seasons down there.

Best of luck to you Dhameer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek