DHam-Amida Combo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DHam-Amida Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joober and Kitaman - the old guard representin'.

We're like a sailor home from being at sea for 5 months; even a fat girl smiling at us needs to be appreciated.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Joober and Kitaman - the old guard representin'.

We're like a sailor home from being at sea for 5 months; even a fat girl smiling at us needs to be appreciated.

Like this one...
irene11.jpg

But not this one.
fat-lady-sings-feature.jpeg

Reaction Score
I said this a while back, but D.Ham "gets it". His ability to get others involved is uncanny, especially for a Freshman. He knows he can throw it up there to Brimah for an easy score. I love that combination. They are definitely connected. D.Ham reminds me of Evan Turner from his Ohio State days. Similar size, similar athleticism, great passers, unselfish, very good rebounders, does what the team needs. That said, I think D.Ham is more advanced as a Freshman than Turner was.

This what I can count on this season. D.Ham, Brimah & Boatright playing hard. The rest, I'm not so sure. I feel bad that Boat's Senior season is going as such, but the D.Ham & Brimah progress next year is very encouraging. Can't wait to see how J.Adams mixes with them next year, as another go getter.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Took the words out of my mouth. The offensive highlights are great. They did a great job putting the game away when it had to be done.

But winning by 7 over Tulane at home isn't making me all warm and fuzzy that the AAC Tourney is ours because it's in Hartford. Still work to do. Lots of work.

UConn simply must close out on 3 point shooters. It's been the story of the season on defense. Teams shoot higher 3 pt %s againt UConn. And it was the story for Tulane tonight as well. Would have been a 12-13 point win.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Relax, we beat Tulane by 7 at home.
No one in this thread is talking about the team and how we should've beat this team or that. We're talking about two players developing and creating chemistry. There's no need to come in and Try and piss all over this thread. This isn't a one time thing they've been doing this throughout the season

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This would be the most important development in his game for next season, but we need to calm down just a bit. He's doing this against teams we should beat by 20. It's nice and a noticeable improvement, but let's be a little bit real here. We struggled with TULANE at HOME.

Edit: I guess we did calm down. Nice job everyone.
Yeah no we've struggled the whole season and the bright spot in the season is hamiltons development snd brimah and hamilton a chemistry. Hamilton is getting praise from the talking heads every game he plays

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to toilet paper the house of whoever that ESPN guy was who kept saying the DHam was a selfish gunner.

WTF?

Kid ends up being one of the best passing freshman we've ever had, and maybe the best non-guard.

Talk about 'couldn't have been more wrong'!!

Reaction Score
...is neutralized by getting AB into foul trouble. These guys need to stay in the game. Every time they are on the bench, the team struggles. Not only offensively, but with DH rebounding improvement, on the defensive end as well.

Reaction Score
His development as a rebounder is almost as valuable as his chemistry with Brimah. He has that knack for anticipating where the ball will go and getting there that 2 of our big men and our swing players have very little success at. Other players are always boxed out, don't fight the box out at all, and just stand in place looking up like they might be considering going for the rebound. Thinking back to the way freshman Rip Hamilton carried his team with the ability to hit mid range J's, DHam is really coming on strong down the stretch. I hope Ollie gets him some support.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, when some of the youngsters on this board look puzzled when fundamentals comes up - this is an example - let the defense commit and then take what the defense gives you. That's what Hamilton does. It's really a simple game.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We've had something with the Hamilton-Brimah combo all season. Remember Brimah's 40 pt. effort? Nearly all his points were set-up by DHam. The problem is that as unstoppable as this combo is, KO has not managed to consistently work this into the offense. We've had the weapon, it's just been holstered most of the season. I said in a post a while back, our whole offense should consist of DHam to Brimah and Boatright being Boatright.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to toilet paper the house of whoever that ESPN guy was who kept saying the DHam was a selfish gunner.

WTF?

Kid ends up being one of the best passing freshman we've ever had, and maybe the best non-guard.

Talk about 'couldn't have been more wrong'!!
It was Goodman. Loved the way Gottlieb commented about how unselfish a player he is while his brother Jordan was the opposite. Probably Goodman never watched DHam and just made the statement based on his brother.

I actually felt Gottlieb did a decent job talking up UConn. If I were a Tulane fan watching the game I would have been very upset.

Reaction Score
It's uncanny and very likeable. He has this sense of a big in the paint and finds them - like nobody we have seen before. He even made PN look good tonight - although I think PN was close to getting stuffed by the rim that one. But DH sees things before they happen and that is really promising. Next step; he needs to be able to do this against ranked teams. I love this kid, even when his shot is off he is learning to find a way.

Reaction Score
Offense will run through Hamilton next year. I would like to see it run through him for the remainder of the season too. It would get Boat off the ball where he will be more open.
The problem with Boat off the ball is the player on the ball. If it is TSam we lose offense and if it is anybody else we lose ball handling.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the dham to ab seems to be there all the time against the so-so teams
it needs to happen against the top teams - 1st ab has to stay in the game and dham has to penetrate the D
But still - it is a thing of beauty

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn simply must close out on 3 point shooters. It's been the story of the season on defense. Teams shoot higher 3 pt %s againt UConn. And it was the story for Tulane tonight as well. Would have been a 12-13 point win.
they need to have the desire and ambition to play an all out defensive game - they are way to passive on D

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The problem with Boat off the ball is the player on the ball. If it is TSam we lose offense and if it is anybody else we lose ball handling.
I actually felt OC and RP did a good job in this game.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
they need to have the desire and ambition to play an all out defensive game - they are way to passive on D
I actually felt that this game was coached for the guards to come back and help AB. So I was less upset with the close outs particularly with how many times they stripped the ball from their bigs. I felt the coaches decided that Tulane had to beat them with the three. It almost cost the game because one of the kids who was 6-30 suddenly found the hoop. Otherwise the defense was an upgrade imo this game.

Reaction Score
It was Goodman. Loved the way Gottlieb commented about how unselfish a player he is while his brother Jordan was the opposite. Probably Goodman never watched DHam and just made the statement based on his brother.

I actually felt Gottlieb did a decent job talking up UConn. If I were a Tulane fan watching the game I would have been very upset.
I was thinking the same about Gottlieb during the game. I thought he was very positive toward UConn. Hard to believe it was 5 years ago when he made the comment about Roscoe Smith. Gottlieb got destroyed here for that comment and he deserved it. Hes not afraid to speak his mind.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Gottlieb figured that since he's a Connecticut resident now a portion of his taxes fund state universities. He might as well be a supporter of UConn.

Reaction Score
Without Hamilton, Brimah's points are few, but it's a great combo no doubt and when Daniel penetrates and dishes it's higher percentage than taking the two at this time in his development or if he's covered tight. I don't get why teams haven't caught on to this and defended it better because they know it's coming. One of our problems has been when AB's fouls keep him off the floor, it cuts those easy baskets out. A freshman seeing the floor like this is extraordinary, we are lucky.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Like this one...
irene11.jpg

But not this one.
fat-lady-sings-feature.jpeg
Which reminds me. Since the opera ain't over until the fat lady sings, I am asking members of the boneyard to leave their girlfriends home for the AAC tourney. Why take chances?

Reaction Score
Without Hamilton, Brimah's points are few...
Having the timing & instincts to become a lob threat is not an insignificant skill. Tyson Chandler's entire function for the Mavs is rolling to the hoop for lobs & lay-ups - he has no range beyond three feet - and he's still a very effective offensive player. Defenses have to rotate quickly to shut down the roll lane, and those kinds of rotations invariably leave somebody else open.

Hamilton is becoming a master at reading those rotations. I actually think Purvis is showing promise as well. And as they improve, Brimah becomes more of a threat, attracts more attention, forces more rotations - and opens up more space for other guys to get clean looks.

So even if he doesn't pile up points like he has the last couple of games, he's still showing signs of being a major positive on the offensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom