DH vid on Andre, Jordan, Adama and NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DH vid on Andre, Jordan, Adama and NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see analysts talking about connectors a lot and their importance of the NBA. If Andre can shoot league average on open 3s he will become the archetypical connector.
Unfortunately it's a gigantic if.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's a gigantic if.

For sure. But he has become so good at the rest of his skills that I am confident an NBA team will take a chance on him. And then what happens after that is up to.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In the post game euphoria he did, but at the parade he was far more non-commital and seems to be legitimately weighing his options as he should be
Didn’t he say at the parade he was going for #6?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
After the parade Andy Katz flat out asked him about his future and he said he was going to talk to his family and coaches and weigh his options and then decide
I think it was this tweet that confused me, he doesn’t say here he’s coming back, but the quote makes it seem like that’s what he’s talking about.

Reaction Score
For those of you old enough to remember. Caron really loved playing college ball. He cried when he announced he was leaving. But it was his time.

For a kid like Dre. It makes sense to see where he stands with scouts because he can do it with no penalty. However, he is one player who can significantly raise his stock by returning. There is some sloppiness in his game that needs to tightened. Both his foul shooting and three point shooting have room for improvement. Next year, he should be a stud. A complete player. If he can show that his potential can translate into performance, then time at UConn will be time well spent.

Reaction Score
Guys like Paul Milsap and Derrick Favors had very nice careers as slightly undersized, old school-type PF's in the NBA. I'm not sure why NBA scouts wouldn't view Adama in a similar way. Even the far less productive Anthony Bennett was drafted #1 overall as a 6'8" PF several years ago. It obviously didn't work out for him, but NBA scouts obviously didn't care that he wasn't 6'10" with an outside shot.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Guys like Paul Milsap and Derrick Favors had very nice careers as slightly undersized, old school-type PF's in the NBA. I'm not sure why NBA scouts wouldn't view Adama in a similar way. Even the far less productive Anthony Bennett was drafted #1 overall as a 6'8" PF several years ago. It obviously didn't work out for him, but NBA scouts obviously didn't care that he wasn't 6'10" with an outside shot.
I love the Paul Milsap comparison for Sanogo. Especially with his developing three point range.

I remember Milsap having a huge wingspan and that may be a big part of Adama’s combine process.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Happy for Andre, but I think he’s made it clear he’s returning already.
In his case this will help him mature and smooth out some of the rough edges. He and Sanogo led the team in hours in the gym so no limit to his or Adama's dedication. Another real Husky who will succeed in life and is a wonderful testament to the program. It was really great seeing those alumni at the final four and having them coming to practices and talking to the team. So proud of them and to be a Uconn fan.

I saw that 2 hour NPR video of Uconn narrated by Arnold Dean. It would be nice to get that posted onto UTube if possible. Lots of memories and early history as well as the first NC. Favorite part was Khalid El Amin's segment where he talks about what it was like on the bus ride from Bradely to Storrs and seeing people all along the roads and bridges. He said it choked up him and a lot of players on that bus to see so many fans who came out just to wave them home. He said they had no idea how much this state loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom