DH and USA Basketball | The Boneyard

DH and USA Basketball

Reaction Score
I can totally see Danny leading USA to Olympic gold one day. It seems like the kind of achievement that Hurley would aspire to. His style to me seems built for FIBA. I’m just a fan but would love to hear the thoughts of others more knowledgeable.

Reaction Score
hopefully the Steve Kerr cycle is very short, I don't even trust him to not screw up this stacked squad in Paris

Reaction Score
Would be very cool for DH and with the trajectory he is on, he seems like the perfect guy for it.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it would happen while Hurley is at UConn. With the way he doesn’t let up in the the off season, I don’t think he would compromise his process at UConn and take focus away from the program.

Reaction Score
Whether USA basketball wins gold or not is more dependent on which players decide to play instead of who is coaching tbh

Reaction Score
Would be very cool for DH and with the trajectory he is on, he seems like the perfect guy for it.
It would be cool. However, I would caution about what happened to Hurley's good friend, Mr GQ, Jay Wright. I know the changing landscape of NIL and the transfer portal was a big reason why Jay Wright left, but so was his experience with team USA as an assistant coach. According to many Nova fans on SB Nation, Wright got burned out from never taking a needed break during that year. The Nova fans, some who claimed they were in the know and connected to him, stated he already made up his mind after he return stateside from that Olympics that 2021-2022 was going to be his last season.

awy

Reaction Score
it'll be a lot of work but for someone like DH it'll be extremely stimulating and scratches his ambition itch.

Reaction Score
it'll be a lot of work but for someone like DH it'll be extremely stimulating and scratches his ambition itch.
Exactly this.

Coach K coached the Olympic team to scratch his NBA itch. I could absolutely see Hurley do this, though with the 24/7/365 recruiting of this era, between HS and the portal, it may be infeasible for a college coach to do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom