DFB Pokal and Bundesliga | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DFB Pokal and Bundesliga

Reaction Score
As always, we choked our game away...

spsct, your guys seem to have had a couple of good weeks. You've got 15 points now after 11 games. If Mainz keeps up that rate they'll be safe to stay in the 1. Bundesliga. , the goal for teams not at the top is always Klassenerhalt. Regensburg fans are obsessed with that. Jann George contributed to a comeback win for Regensburg yesterday by perfectly placing a corner kick for his teammate to head it in for the tying goal in the 80th minute.

Reaction Score
spsct, your guys seem to have had a couple of good weeks. You've got 15 points now after 11 games. If Mainz keeps up that rate they'll be safe to stay in the 1. Bundesliga. , the goal for teams not at the top is always Klassenerhalt. Regensburg fans are obsessed with that. Jann George contributed to a comeback win for Regensburg yesterday by perfectly placing a corner kick for his teammate to head it in for the tying goal in the 80th minute.

We're finally getting the results to match our play; we've been solid all season but just couldn't score. Now all of the bounces are going our way. It's tough when we have basically started the season with 7-8 new starters due to turnover and injury, all of whom are about 21 years old playing their first Bundesliga matches. I'm happy with the season so far.

You're also right about the Klassenhalt... that's how I gauge each season with one sneak into Europa League every 5 years.

Out next match is at home against Dortmund, we'll see how that goes. :eek:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Caught some good matches this week with Bayern-Dortmund and Barca-Betis.

Reaction Score
Today, American eligible player, Shawn Parker, came in for USMNT player, Julian Green, and scored the goal that tied it up for Greuther Fürth against Magdeburg. Fürth went on to score again and win the match.

spsct - I just read that Parker has two brothers on Mainz youth teams where he got his own start.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know about Devante but not the other one who I assume is younger and in our junior system.
Devante actually made it to the first team for a cup of coffee but never broke in for any extended time.
I always liked Shawn but the knock against him here was that he was a bit lazy and he never reached his full potential.

Reaction Score
So Haji Wright started for Schalke yesterday. Any info on his performance?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know about Devante but not the other one who I assume is younger and in our junior system.
Devante actually made it to the first team for a cup of coffee but never broke in for any extended time.
I always liked Shawn but the knock against him here was that he was a bit lazy and he never reached his full potential.
Funny that Shawn Parker, who can't seem to reach his full potential, substituted in for another American player who is not reaching his full potential, Julian Green (who may also not be the hardest worker). It's almost like Fürth has a spot in the line-up for that type.

Reaction Score
Looks like McKennie started on the wing for Schalke today against Dortmund. He looked pretty good out there. Pulisic came on late for Sancho.

Reaction Score
Looks like McKennie started on the wing for Schalke today against Dortmund. He looked pretty good out there. Pulisic came on late for Sancho.

I don’t follow that closely, but it looks like Sancho has completely replaced pulisic.

Reaction Score
I don’t follow that closely, but it looks like Sancho has completely replaced pulisic.

Pulisic started the Champions League matches. I think they are going to sell Pulisic.

Reaction Score
At 29 years old I don't guess Andrew Wooten figures much anymore in the UISMNT pool, but he did score today for Sandhausen against Regensburg in the Second Bundesliga. Jann-Christopher George played 90 for the guests from Regensburg and today he started on the right side.

Reaction Score
Jann George at Regensburg did not start Sunday, but entered at 65 minutes, still down 0-1, in the home match against relegated top division Hamburg. Regensburg went on the attack at that point and scored twice in the next several minutes fininishing with a win, 2-1, as Hamburg fell apart and lost two players to ejections. Good things often seem to happen with George on the pitch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny how little I care about Dortmund since they stopped playing Pulisic. Today I went from cheering for them to cheering their loss. Leipzig, baby!

Reaction Score
Funny how little I care about Dortmund since they stopped playing Pulisic. Today I went from cheering for them to cheering their loss. Leipzig, baby!

Yeah I unfollowed all of their stuff.

Reaction Score
Andrew Wooten scored the first goal of the game and his 10th of the season as Sandhausen beat FC St. Pauli 4-0. Greene (Fürth) and George (Regensburg) face each other tomorrow, Monday night.

Reaction Score
SPSCT, looks like Mainz improved their position today. I imagine 40 points is the benchmark for retaining inclusion in the 1. Bundesliga as it is in the Bundesliga 2 so your team has a ways to go and even after today's big win could use some help in that brutal goal differential. Jahn had a terrific win on Friday against Bochum that put then over 40 points to pretty much secure Klassenerhalt and a third year in second division. Jann George got Jahn's first goal. Both of Regensburg's goals were set up with bicycle kick assists (Fallrückzieher-Vorlagen). In the last couple of weeks Julian Greene and Andrew Wooten have also found the back of the net.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom