Dez's New Blog Post...Coach P wants to sign a BIG 2012 class | The Boneyard

Dez's New Blog Post...Coach P wants to sign a BIG 2012 class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some interesting comments from Coach P about keeping the "wildcat" (ie:McCummings pkg) as part of the offense. But MOST interesting comment is size of the 2012 class...he would like to sign 20-25 kids. With only 13 graduating seniors sounds like some 5th yr sr's are not going to be asked back, and there will be some more transfers. It will definitely be interesting to see him put his stamp on this program both in terms of players and coaches.

Reaction Score
with 19 commits already how does the class get any bigger than 25? maximum is 25, no? Or is he banking on some extra kids joining the program mid year and not counting towards our commit list? Does that mean we'll see as many as 30 newcommers? if not, more?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we have had 20 commits so far. dobbs is gone so now were at 19 and armstrong is a ? with school issues. we also have 5 transfers already coming in as well.

the rule is you can have 25 commits per class. if you have some guys come in janurary, then you can count them for the class before. so last year we brought in how many commits? who ever comes in janurary can add to that class. we could bring in 30 commits if we wanted to this year and i think thats what P is doing. hes looking for 20-25 recruits and 5-7 transfers. i really think were going to see several kids leave the program this spring and were going to have 30 new faces on the field next fall for us. in my tevaun smith thread take a quick read. were going heavy for him and lynch i bet.

Reaction Score
I think we signed 12 last yr BUT the prep school kids and Nebrich all came in January.

Reaction Score
good stuff HuskyfanDan... If we strike out on both or one of them hopefully Coach P's flight tonite on a recruiting trip is to a place where he's trying to sure up those two spots (WR and RB.. maybe even QB- Juco Whitmer too )...

Reaction Score
Anyone know if we are recruiting Leaon Gordon RB from Brookfield? We need a RB to replace Dobbs. He looked like he had decent size/speed. Two kids out Jersey are Khalif Herbin and Elijah Hughes. We need play makers.

Reaction Score
I was pretty impressed with two players at the Hand-Masuk game this weekend -

Hand RB Kevin Frey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVzIlei9Rk

Seemed to have very good vision and balance. Most impressive though was the tough running. Made a few big runs that should have been short gains or losses all on his own breaking tackles. After one run it was almost comical because there was a trail of about five Masuk defenders laying on the ground behind him.

Hand's WR Nick Vitale was also impressive. He's not a tall receiver but seemed to have great hands. Caught several passes where he got drilled right after the catch and held on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5QnKNYJl7w

Reaction Score
I was pretty impressed with two players at the Hand-Masuk game this weekend -

Hand RB Kevin Frey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVzIlei9Rk

Seemed to have very good vision and balance. Most impressive though was the tough running. Made a few big runs that should have been short gains or losses all on his own breaking tackles. After one run it was almost comical because there was a trail of about five Masuk defenders laying on the ground behind him.

Hand's WR Nick Vitale was also impressive. He's not a tall receiver but seemed to have great hands. Caught several passes where he got drilled right after the catch and held on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5QnKNYJl7w

Good choices. I was also impressed with Masuk's middle guard. Longo. He was the smallest guy out there, especially on all four lines but he made a boat load of tackles He wont be going to any DI schools, he was just a pleasure to watch from a purely competative POV going up against much bigger players.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Coach P might also wanna take a look at Hand's DC - that was a heck of a scheme they threw at Cochran to shut Masuk down...

Reaction Score
do the transfers count as a part of a recruiting class? i didn't think 1A transfers that had to sit a year counted towards class size for limits

Reaction Score
QB's, WR's & RB's. Playmakers. QB's, WR's & RB's. Playmakers. QB's, WR's & RB's. Playmakers.

Reaction Score
Transfers do not count toward recruiting limits, although they help on way out (Lang, Difton, Sheppard, Kinnard, Box, etc.).

ToS is also reporting Sylva could be a Jan enrollee.

Reaction Score
we have had 20 commits so far. dobbs is gone so now were at 19 and armstrong is a ? with school issues. we also have 5 transfers already coming in as well.

the rule is you can have 25 commits per class. if you have some guys come in janurary, then you can count them for the class before. so last year we brought in how many commits? who ever comes in janurary can add to that class. we could bring in 30 commits if we wanted to this year and i think thats what P is doing. hes looking for 20-25 recruits and 5-7 transfers. i really think were going to see several kids leave the program this spring and were going to have 30 new faces on the field next fall for us. in my tevaun smith thread take a quick read. were going heavy for him and lynch i bet.
Who are the 5 transfers? I know of the LB from MD, the WR from BC, and the OL from Penn State. I don't know of the other two. There is a LB from Villanova, but I don't think he's on Scolie.
Who are the other two?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
clemson wr isnt official i dont think yet, any1 got otherwise or news?
looks like grant is a lock for bcu and his teammate from pa is coming home as well but who knows where.
i thought the nova kid was going to be on sship.
we have md connections and alot of md kids are leaving town.
there are several juco/5th year qbs on the radar as well. i think were going to see some action the next 2 weeks on the recruit trail.
lynch/smith are @ iowa this week, things are going to get interesting.

Reaction Score
Interesting how HCPP purposely mentioned that Ronnie Brown ran the wildcat formation in Miami. I wonder if he has plans for another position player to help in that role. It would be interesting if McCummings won the starting QB position, but stayed on the field and another player (i.e. WR like Mike Smith) ran the wilcat. It would make the offense more unpredictable if McCummings or Nebrich always stayed on the field but did not take the pounding from running the wildcat

Reaction Score
If we are looking for transfers I can't believe O'Brien at Maryland is a happy camper right now. ACC rookie of year to the bench. Would be a great get in the Pro Style Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom