DEVIN FULLER ATH. has Uconn in the running | The Boneyard

DEVIN FULLER ATH. has Uconn in the running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow, we made his final 11!!! ( sarcasm off)

I mean, let's see when he cuts that list by about 6 schools and we can talk then lol

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i still think were taking 2 qbs this class. if we dont get fuller(longshot imo) then i wonder who is next on the depth chart. mybe the 3rdbass acd qb from ct?!?!

Reaction Score
i still think were taking 2 qbs this class. if we dont get fuller(longshot imo) then i wonder who is next on the depth chart. mybe the 3rdbass acd qb from ct?!?!

yea i do too but eric wants to play in the big ten ...we all know that uconn just comes late with interest and offers they would rather wait until another school jump on them the reason being i have no clue...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the new staff will change that eventually, give em some time. 3rdbass-uconn will have a very solid connection in the future. i hope we can go down to the va school and really make friends down there also, they put out.

Reaction Score
I don't think our staff has any issues with the Milford program. I think it's more likely that P is not going to be looking at stand in the pocket and throw QBs going forward. As he's been described, the Milford QB's style is a far better fit at Iowa than at connecticut.

Reaction Score

Yea i hope so at 3rdbass acd there's some talent we know dobbs is coming we still have tyler at olb and desruisseaux at wr ...

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
He cut his list to 11 a while ago he's suppose to cut it to 5 or 6 sometime soon

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think it's more likely that P is not going to be looking at stand in the pocket and throw QBs going forward.

Then why'd they offer Cochran? Isn't he a pure pocket passer? Not trying to get on your case, just curious as to why you think they offered him if they want to shift to a more spread/mobile QB centered offense.

Reaction Score
Then why'd they offer Cochran? Isn't he a pure pocket passer? Not trying to get on your case, just curious as to why you think they offered him if they want to shift to a more spread/mobile QB centered offense.

My understanding is they view Cochrane as a more mobile, throw on the run type of QB. I've never seen either play and could be dead wrong, but that is the impression I've picked up.

Reaction Score
IMO, only being in the top 1 means anything come signing day.

100% agree, but we're seeing progress on the recruiting trail....3 years ago we would not have even made the top 30 and now we're top 11

I'm not saying its because of one coach or another, its just our program is getting better and its nice to see we're making the second and third cut....because then in 3 more years, we will be number 1 for the top talent in the area

Reaction Score
hey here it is. Deven fuller is the Johny be good of the 2012' class' where still in the hunt. i believe by reading his
liking in uconn thats a good job by Deleone and staff. not everybody is going to pan out at the FSU' UM' type school. i personally think that Deven Fuller at Uconn at any position will help us tremendously! i say Uconn'
makes top 6!! Erich Berzinskas is a true pro-style QB stands a true 6 5" and has all the pocket pressence, Iowa
is a great fit for him, but if Uconn begged to run that type of offense than welcome erich. he threw a pass at
Lehigh 55 yards in the air for a 70 yard TD. big arm

Reaction Score
hey here it is. Deven fuller is the Johny be good of the 2012' class' where still in the hunt. i believe by reading his
liking in uconn thats a good job by Deleone and staff. not everybody is going to pan out at the FSU' UM' type school. i personally think that Deven Fuller at Uconn at any position will help us tremendously! i say Uconn'
makes top 6!! Erich Berzinskas is a true pro-style QB stands a true 6 5" and has all the pocket pressence, Iowa
is a great fit for him, but if Uconn begged to run that type of offense than welcome erich. he threw a pass at
Lehigh 55 yards in the air for a 70 yard TD. big arm

Fuller could very well be McNabb type of recruit for coach P. Let's hope he understands how coach P helped with McNabb's development. I think we got a chance.

Reaction Score
Fuller could very well be McNabb type of recruit for coach P. Let's hope he understands how coach P helped with McNabb's development. I think we got a chance.
good point. should be delivered to deven just like that

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
My understanding is they view Cochrane as a more mobile, throw on the run type of QB. I've never seen either play and could be dead wrong, but that is the impression I've picked up.

I had thought he was around a 4.9 40 type guy but I could be wrong. Or maybe he is still mobile in the pocket despite a slow 40 time.

Reaction Score
My impression of Cochrane, from what little I know about him is that he is not considered a mobile QB. From their own words, P and Deleone seem very capable of adapting their playbook to fit a QB strengths. I'm sure they would prefer a QB to be both a runner and a passer (who wouldn't) but as P said in his press conference on Tuesday those guys are hard to find.

In the ESPN training videos with Cochrane, I think they did say he has 4.9 speed.

Reaction Score
My impression of Cochrane, from what little I know about him is that he is not considered a mobile QB. From their own words, P and Deleone seem very capable of adapting their playbook to fit a QB strengths. I'm sure they would prefer a QB to be both a runner and a passer (who wouldn't) but as P said in his press conference on Tuesday those guys are hard to find.

In the ESPN training videos with Cochrane, I think they did say he has 4.9 speed.

If we somehow land fuller, there will be some serious QB competition with Nebrich, Fuller and Cocheran.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
casey is going to be there in jan and will red shirt. if we got fuller somehow, he would prob not redshirt. we would used nebrich mostly with fuller in the wildcat. jmac will be the pocket backup and i think unless mc steals the job this year he will be looking around next spring. just my opinion. we need 2 qbs this class.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Fuller will tell us his top 5 from what I understand Friday at 3pm. I think UConn has a chance to get into the top 5 and then see what happens from there.

Reaction Score
Fuller will tell us his top 5 from what I understand Friday at 3pm. I think UConn has a chance to get into the top 5 and then see what happens from there.
i agree, our coaching staff is old school and knows the tools to comfort our recruits. Deleone' PP' Brown' have a knack for that! FULLER COME ON, YOU CAN BE THE MAN AT UCONN FOR FOUR YEARS, AND GET A GREAT SHOT AT NEXT LEVEL IF YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom