Devin Carter is the Big East Player of the Year | The Boneyard

Devin Carter is the Big East Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was the best player but surprised they gave it to a player from a middling Big East team. I apologize to the poster who I told a couple weeks ago that they would never do that. Kemba Walker would like a word with the Big East coaches. :)

Reaction Score
Dauster hinted he knew this coming on the podcast. He's a heck of a player and really good two ways. We may have split some votes too.

Reaction Score
I believe this is the first time BE player of the year has come from a team that finished lower than 4th at the end of the year... Might need a fact check on that.

Reaction Score
Carter is excellent. Newton deserved this award, especially with how coaches have voted for it in recent history.

Gillespie won it twice as the veteran pg and clutch player of the best team in the conference. I guess those qualities don’t apply to Newton?

Reaction Score
What a joke...Carter was not BE player of the year. He's a good player but Newton is the obvious choice. The UConn BE bias on full display. They had no choice but to select Hurley & Castle but they blew it on Newton.

Reaction Score
Sucks but this sets up for Newton and Karaban to torch everyone in the BET for their respective snubs.
As long as they play within themselves and the team concept, which I think they will. If Newton and Karaban kick ass like Kevin Freeman and Kemba Walker I am okay with Carter getting BE POY.

Lose the battle (BE POY), win the war (NCAA title).

Reaction Score
Carter deserved it. He's a heckuva player. Newton would have been a good choice, but Tristen played on a balanced team. Carter was a one-man show.
I don't care how good Carter is (this wasn't Durant or Beasley) he plays for the 6th best team in the conference in a year where UConn blew everyone else out in conference.

Tristen deserves the award and Scheierman deserves to finish ahead of Carter too.

Reaction Score
Let's hope this plays out like Ben Hansbrough 2.0.
That's why if I could go back in time and give Kemba the BE POY in 2011 I still wouldn't. I think the snub just motivated Kemba to another level even he probably couldn't imagine.

Reaction Score
I don't care how good Carter is (this wasn't Durant or Beasley) he plays for the 6th best team in the conference in a year where UConn blew everyone else out in conference.

Tristen deserves the award and Scheierman deserves to finish ahead of Carter too.
I can really see both points of view.

Reaction Score
Yeah I thought this award would be down to these two. I wonder what voting shenanigans took place her.

Also will be weird when Newton is first team all American and Carter is not.

It's also hard not to recognize that uconn just had the most dominant regular season in Big East conference history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom