Devante Jones Groveling for Call from Calipari | The Boneyard

Devante Jones Groveling for Call from Calipari

Reaction Score
He says he's NBA ready but is he really that confident if he needs Coach cal to bless him?
Do these guys ever look at how many players from Coach cal's stable go bust in the league?
Does anyone ever ask them what Coach cal's record was in the league?

Some quotes: “It’s crazy because growing up, I always wanted to play for Kentucky because of Coach Calipari being the legend he is. … It would be a blessing to hear from Coach Calipari, just to hear what he has to say about my game and how I can help him, how he can help me,” Jones told KSR at the time.

“I talked to a couple guys that are higher up, so I feel like Calipari would (call),” Jones told KSR. “I could see myself at Kentucky, I definitely could. It’s going to be a crazy decision for me and I have a lot to think about, but Kentucky would definitely be an option, for sure. They’d definitely be in my top five.”

“Definitely going to wait until the last deadline, because I honestly feel like I’m an NBA player now,” Jones told KSR last week. “I’ve talked to a couple NBA guys and they agree with me. I don’t want to overlook my ultimate goal and just rush back to school. My decision to enter the portal was for a coach to understand what my dream is. … The deadline for me is going to be probably June.”

Just over one week later, that phone call never came through, and Jones has decided to move forward with his other options (Memphis, Michigan, Texas and Texas Tech)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would make a World Wide Wes joke here but I don't know if he is even alive.

Reaction Score
Jones: "I want an offer from Kentucky"
Cal: "I want to duck Angie Dickinson, let's see who gets lucky first"

Reaction Score
Jones: "I want an offer from Kentucky"
Cal: "I want to duck Angie Dickinson, let's see who gets lucky first"
Well, as much as we all admired Angie, if she's alive she's probably a bit long in the tooth...............
1619811119596.png

Reaction Score
Maybe because Kellen Grady and Devante Jones play the same position?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom