Detroit tonight | The Boneyard

Detroit tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lead by Juwan Howard Jr. Yep that makes me feel old.

Thoughts on the game tonight?

Reaction Score
Besides DOOM? Hard to have too many thoughts about this game. I hope we get our rebounding woes in check- I also would like to see them get DD in the mix and have him at a "full aggressive confidence level" in time to play FLA. These games are about the little things (not that there is anything little about sucking big time rebounding the ball).

Reaction Score
I agree. I'd like to see incremental improvements in the little things (ie. rebounding at a respectable level)

Reaction Score
DD will assert himself and will start getting his confidence rolling
Niels will shoot lights out and defend the 3 with DD back in check
Shabazz will put up another ridiculous assist number getting everyone involved
Brimah will have less blocks, but will pull down more boards

and oh yeah.. we win.

Reaction Score
All I know about them is what I read in the Lindy's College Basketball Preview. And that was that their athletic director had an affair with the assistant coach of the basketball team and they both resigned.

So, they got that going for them, which is nice.

Reaction Score
Win the Boards (oh and score more points than them).

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I think this team may have an early wtf game coming. Hope it's not tonight. Courant article today has Ollie worried about Juwan, Jr. He'll need a lot of bodies to bang him with.

Reaction Score
They are 6th in the nation in RPG through 2 games. Could be a decent test on the boards.

We are T-4 in the country in BPG and 26th in the country in FG% through 2 games.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Looking at their roster and prior results, once again we face a team with more bulk and guard size than the Huskies.
their starting five is 6'3" and 6'5" guards, 6'6" (Physical player J. Howard Jr.), 6'8" and 6'10" across the front line. rebounding will again be a challenge and we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The rebounding and physical presence is a concern. It's a Gampel home game, so I expect a W, but I think this Detroit team is certainly better than Yale and possibly as good as Maryland. So we better see some improved decision making at a minimum, along with more toughness around the basket.

Number one thing I'd like to see, Boatright not becoming a bad shot/turnover machine every time Bazz is out of the game. He's giving me Jerome Dyson flashbacks far too often (and isn't as good as JD at making those crazy shots).

Reaction Score
this Detroit team lost their two best players in Ray McCallum Jr, who was a McDonalds All Amerian, and Jason Caliste, who averaged 14pts and transfered to Oregon ala Kromah, I don't really think this is a game to be concerned about. They aren't even close to being as good as Maryland.

Reaction Score
Im from the future.. Was a great game score was 86-60 shabazz got 16/11/8 just 2 boards short of another triple double brimah with 11 points 5 boards 5 blocks ...dd had 15 points at half time but air balled a 3 and stopped shooting after that. Boatright lit it up with 22 pts everyone else was average.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with those who said they'd like to see incremental improvement across the board. I'm guessing we easily out-talent them, but it seems like they have good size and I hope our guys have specific notes to work on improving from the coaching staff. I'd like to see a 20+ point win with lots of positives to take from the game, but I'll settle for a W of any kind.

Reaction Score
Titans ranked 5th in Rebounds nationally. Do they know this when they schedule this game? We are really going out of our ways to improve our rebounding...

Reaction Score
Im from the future.. Was a great game score was 86-60 shabazz got 16/11/8 just 2 boards short of another triple double brimah with 11 points 5 boards 5 blocks ...dd had 15 points at half time but air balled a 3 and stopped shooting after that. Boatright lit it up with 22 pts everyone else was average.

While I'm sure none of this will happen, pretty beleivable crystal ball predictions. nice work

Reaction Score
The Titans return 1 starter from last years team and lose McCallum, huge loss in NBA now, along with their 3 other top scorers which included their senior PG Jason Calliste.

They only bring in 1 true PG who also happens to be a true freshman, Jarod Williams. Another freshman that will see the court is Matthew Grant who was rated #1o guard in Cali last year. In addition to the 2 freshman the Titans will have Carlton Brundidge available after transferring from Michigan. Brundidge was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school but with the back court depth at Michigan never really got comfortable and had a chance to get things going. He was known as a scorer coming otu of high school. 1 hold over is 6'5 sophomore Anton Wilson who was seldom used last year.

In the frontcourt they return 3 players to go with Howard and Bruinsma. Those 3 players came to Detroit from the junior college ranks last season (Njoku 6'10, Solanke 6'11, and Lippert 6'8). This year they add 6'8 Patrick Onwenu from junior college where he was an honorable All American. He also was high school teammate of Brundidge. Onwenu can do a little of everything including stepping outside and hitting the 3 a little.

Overall the Titans are a young team with a backcourt that hasnt played much together and doesnt have an established, reliable leader or PG. The front court is deep and has plenty of size. They should give UConn problems on the boards but dont have the talent to keep this game close.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thanks for the scouting report. Sounds like a good goal is to avoid getting outrebounded.

caw

Reaction Score
The Titans return 1 starter from last years team and lose McCallum, huge loss in NBA now, along with their 3 other top scorers which included their senior PG Jason Calliste.

They only bring in 1 true PG who also happens to be a true freshman, Jarod Williams. Another freshman that will see the court is Matthew Grant who was rated #1o guard in Cali last year. In addition to the 2 freshman the Titans will have Carlton Brundidge available after transferring from Michigan. Brundidge was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school but with the back court depth at Michigan never really got comfortable and had a chance to get things going. He was known as a scorer coming otu of high school. 1 hold over is 6'5 sophomore Anton Wilson who was seldom used last year.

In the frontcourt they return 3 players to go with Howard and Bruinsma. Those 3 players came to Detroit from the junior college ranks last season (Njoku 6'10, Solanke 6'11, and Lippert 6'8). This year they add 6'8 Patrick Onwenu from junior college where he was an honorable All American. He also was high school teammate of Brundidge. Onwenu can do a little of everything including stepping outside and hitting the 3 a little.

Overall the Titans are a young team with a backcourt that hasnt played much together and doesnt have an established, reliable leader or PG. The front court is deep and has plenty of size. They should give UConn problems on the boards but dont have the talent to keep this game close.

Did UConn intentially schedule teams with transfers from Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom