Detroit retiring Rip's jersey tonight | The Boneyard

Detroit retiring Rip's jersey tonight

Reaction Score
I love Rip Hamilton. Always carried himself with class, just a nice down to earth guy and wow what a player.....arguably our best ever.

Reaction Score
Watching the ceremony right now and he is still an incredibly humble and down to earth guy. Just thanked JC for teaching him to trust his teammates etc. Fun Rip story (for me at least.) My freshmen year at UConn was 98-99 and Rip was coming off a foot injury and part of his rehab was to write a bike around campus. So my first week, I'm walking on campus and Rip hits me with his bike. He was incredibly apologetic and my greatest fear was that I hurt his foot again and it would come out that I prevented us from being a final four team. I hung out with him and other bball players a decent amount over the course of the year (one of the managers lived on my floor) and joked about that with him and he remembered me and apologized again. Just a ridiculously nice guy. Awesome to see him immortalized in such a way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Class
All around class
UConn class
Rip Hamilton
What an honor
If I'm not mistaken he is the only UConn player to have his number retired/jersey in the rafters as a pro
But I'm sure that one team will do it for Ray when the HoF calls

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Still can't believe we have produced two of the greatest SGs in modern NBA history. 3 titles between the two of them and both more importantly had major reputations as hard workers, team players, leaders, and MASTERS at moving without the ball which seems to be a lost art. Well deserved Rip.

Reaction Score
Very nice halftime ceremony. Rip was very well spoken and thanked everyone. Surprised he didn't bust on JC for being such a hard . I thought that was what he was leading into when he started to thank JC.

Reaction Score
Watching him work off picks will always be a thing of beauty. Truly amazing how much space he could create for himself.

Reaction Score
Still can't believe we have produced two of the greatest SGs in modern NBA history. 3 titles between the two of them and both more importantly had major reputations as hard workers, team players, leaders, and MASTERS at moving without the ball which seems to be a lost art. Well deserved Rip.
Rip and Ray > MJ and Kobe?

Reaction Score
Here's the entire speech from the ceremony:

The part about UConn/Calhoun is at 5:30 & 19:25

Not sure if anyone else is getting this message, but it's blocked for me:
Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 10.20.03 PM.png

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else is getting this message, but it's blocked for me:
View attachment 20132

oh. my. god. You have no idea how angry I am that SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT pulled this on a video that included their music for 30 seconds at the beginning on an unlisted video.

If others are having this issue I will just reupload without the opening.

UPDATE:

I am removing the songs since Sony & UMG can eat a bag of...

Video should be watchable at the same link shortly, if not let me know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom