Detroit Free Press: Rip Hamilton to be waived by Pistons | The Boneyard

Detroit Free Press: Rip Hamilton to be waived by Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder where he's gonna land, hopefully somewhere with a shot at a ring. Detroit has been a mess.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Wonder where he's gonna land, hopefully somewhere with a shot at a ring. Detroit has been a mess.

When there were rumors at the tail end of last year that Hamilton was going to be waived, rumors here in Chicago were that the Bulls would pick him up in a heartbeat (the Bulls are desperate for a SG). If Hamilton is willing to take a veteran's minimum contract in order to play on a contender, the Bulls would be a great fit for him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
THank God he is out of Detroit. Rip needs a PG who knows how to get him the ball when he comes off screens. He'll run guys off screens all night long. Stuckey never understood that - he thought he was an NBA all star himself!!

Reaction Score
Unlike Arenas, he will not be under the amnesty clause. If you're like me and never heard of the amnesty clause here is a definition for Arenas.

"The amnesty clause allows each team to waive one of its player contracts that was in effect prior to the 2011-12 season and have 100 percent of the player's salary removed from the team's salary for Salary Cap and Tax purposes.
Arenas' remaining contract will not count against Orlando's salary cap, but the team must pay out the contract unless another franchise claims the 29- year-old in a modified waiver process."

Still don't know what the hell it all means but for those smarter than me I hope it helps.

Reaction Score
It means Gilbert "2Gunz" Arenas can sit home and make a lot of money for doing nothing.

Reaction Score
Rip is a guy that can really help a contender. Think of him having a Jason Terry like impact on whoever he winds up with.

Ben Gordon is another guy who, on a good team, could be really dangerous. On a disfunctional team like the Pistons he's just a waste of space.

Blame Joe Dumors. He tried to build a team around Stuckey, Ben Gordon, and Chuck, when clearly, those guys are not equipped to be "the man".

Reaction Score
I was telling everyone that would listen that it was a no brainer for the Bulls to get him last year, The Bulls had a really good team but it was a joke they thought they could win the whole thing with Bogans as their starting 2 guard and Korver off the bench.

Reaction Score
He didn't want to take the buyout that Detroit offered.
I don't blame him, he would have lost about 15 million. Now he only loses about 10 million if they do waive him, not as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom