Detached retina for Will Beatty | The Boneyard

Detached retina for Will Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That just sounds scary.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/will-beatty-has-detached-retina-needs-surgery/

Another week, another key member of the Giants sidelined by injury.
Starting left tackle Will Beatty suffered a detached retina in Sunday night’s loss to the Eagles and will undergo surgery on Thursday in New York. According to the Giants, there won’t be a timetable for his return until after the surgery is performed. Jorge Castillo of theNewark Star-Ledger reports that Beatty isn’t sure when he got hurt because he doesn’t recall getting poked in the eye during the game although he did suffer from blurred vision.
The Giants have two possible routes to go to replace Beatty. They could elevateStacy Andrews to the starting lineup or they could move longtime tackle David Diehl back outside from left guard. Kevin Boothe would likely replace Diehl in that scenario. Neither option is all that great for a team that saw their line get totally overrun by the Eagles. Andrews hasn’t played much and Diehl hasn’t been very good this season after years of declining play protecting Eli Manning’s blind side.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted about Easley at any point but this was on rotoworld a week or so ago.

Marcus Easley answered that he wanted to "keep matters private and remain optimistic" when queried about the heart ailment that sent him to injured reserve in September.
"As far as I'm concerned I'm still on the team and I'm welcomed to attend meetings and work out if I'd like to," Easley said. "With the things that were going on, I really couldn't do too much but right now I'm just taking things day-by-day and hoping for the best." Easley remains without a timetable for a return to football activities.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=5843&line=220308&spln=1

Reaction Score
theres been some really bad luck for our guys lately. heres hoping they all heal up soon.

C

Chief00

Will was turning into a very effective and consistent tackle. The QB blind side tackle can collect big pay checks in the NFL Of all former UConn players, I think Will was having the best year.

Reaction Score
you dont have to get hit in the eye to have a detached retina, they can just happen. He may have gotten poked a few times years ago and now his retina has detached either way, i hope for a speedy recovery

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can something like this heal well enough for Will to play again?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Can something like this heal well enough for Will to play again?

The answer is yes but he will have to be careful and protection for his eyes in the future in terms of a shield.

Reaction Score
Hope all works out for Will, but this is serious.
One of my friends was diagnosed with condition in both eyes a couple of weeks ago. Luckily one was correctable with laser treatment.

The other they had to insert a gas into the eye to try amd remove fluid from behind retina. If that doesn't work, he'll have surgery in that eye.

The bottom line was, if he didn't see the doctor when he did, he could have been blind very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom