Destiny... | The Boneyard

Destiny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone else like the chance to get one more shot at Memphis, Cincy, and Lousville (assuming the seeds hold)? Those 3 wins could get a #3 seed for Uconn.

The weekend is ancient history. And it could be irrelevant depending on what this team decides to do over the next month or so. But the AAC tourney will be telling of where this team is mentally and what we can expect in the NCAA's.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:
But Shabazz Napier is...and Penny Hardaway ain't walking through Memphis's door, nor Oscar Robertson for Cincy, nor Wes Unseld for Louisville. So, while the odds are against us, this isn't some absurd fantasy.

Beating Cincy and Memphis is doable. Beating Louisville at this point kinda is an absurd fantasy based on recent performances.

Reaction Score
Beating Cincy and Memphis is doable. Beating Louisville at this point kinda is an absurd fantasy based on recent performances.
Oh, I certainly don't want to play them again. By no means. But they aren't the dream team.

But let's just hope they lose to SMU or some other team.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
They lost twice to Memphis. I'm having a really hard time getting my head around that one.

caw

Reaction Score
They lost twice to Memphis. I'm having a really hard time getting my head around that one.

Matchups. It's all about matchups. UL really beats up on guards. Memphis has some stronger/taller guards. UConn not so much. The best example was when Napier had to throw the UL guards hand off him. The UL guard was quite literally grabbing Napiers arm and pulling it with no call. Not saying they are all fouls but they bump and grab a lot.

79-78 UConn loss
71-58 UConn loss
66-69 UConn win. 5 in 5 days.

Sure not a 30 pt blowout but I doubt it would be a bigger surprise.

Reaction Score
But Shabazz Napier is...and Penny Hardaway ain't walking through Memphis's door, nor Oscar Robertson for Cincy, nor Wes Unseld for Louisville. So, while the odds are against us, this isn't some absurd fantasy.

I hope I'm wrong, but yes, winning the AAC tournament with this current team, seems like an absolute absurd fantasy. Nowhere NEAR the chemistry of 2011 and they don't play nearly as hard.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong, but yes, winning the AAC tournament with this current team, seems like an absolute absurd fantasy. Nowhere NEAR the chemistry of 2011 and they don't play nearly as hard.
Yes. Which is exactly what everyone said back in 2011, after we lost a home game on senior night to Notre Dame.

The 2011 is a much better team than this one is. But we were down on that team then, saying many of the same things.

Reaction Score
Yes. Which is exactly what everyone said back in 2011, after we lost a home game on senior night to Notre Dame.

The 2011 is a much better team than this one is. But we were down on that team then, saying many of the same things.

Yes but for very different reasons. That team rebounded, got to the foul line, and played unselfish basketball. This one doesn't. Might not seem like much but the fact we have kids that think they are entitled to going on to the NBA and are using games to try and showcase their abilities vs playing together. Everyone in 2011 knew their role. Now we have Boat jacking up threes and Daniels not getting to the rack. This team should realize Napier is our only chance and let him try to score, just like Kemba in 2011.

caw

Reaction Score
Yes but for very different reasons. That team rebounded, got to the foul line, and played unselfish basketball. This one doesn't. Might not seem like much but the fact we have kids that think they are entitled to going on to the NBA and are using games to try and showcase their abilities vs playing together. Everyone in 2011 knew their role. Now we have Boat jacking up threes and Daniels not getting to the rack. This team should realize Napier is our only chance and let him try to score, just like Kemba in 2011.

Uconn was even with UL for both OR and DR at the midway point of the second half then things fell apart. Shockingly rebounding wasn't the reason UConn lost. Shooting, defense and fouls were. Two of those things UConn was good at all year.

Reaction Score
My reply Marty "McFly" Jackson...

I agree, our "density" has brought us to this.

Reaction Score
This is a great time to bring about highlights fromt he 2011 BE Tournament:

My favorite moment is the 2:05 mark where Kemba broke some poor Panther's ankles.

And while the video shows a lot of Kemba, notice how much Shabazz played a key role in many of these games.

Impossible is nothing.

Reaction Score
This is a great time to bring about highlights fromt he 2011 BE Tournament:

My favorite moment is the 2:05 mark where Kemba broke some poor Panther's ankles.

And while the video shows a lot of Kemba, notice how much Shabazz played a key role in many of these games.

Impossible is nothing.

Awesome that UConn was ranked #19 at the start of that tournament. Obviously we're about the same right now. Anything is possible guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom