Despite UConn football record 'I think we’re making progress' athletic director says… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Despite UConn football record 'I think we’re making progress' athletic director says…

Reaction Score
what do you mean, "Even Toledo..." The Rockets scored 3 times in 3 quarters against the Buckeyes. That's not bad.
Yeah but that was while the Buckeyes scored 56 points. The final was 77-21.

Reaction Score
Yeah but that was while the Buckeyes scored 56 points. The final was 77-21.
OK, so maybe its defense is lacking. Its offense put up 21 on the Buckeyes. Apparently the Rockets can lift off.

Reaction Score
Tough schedule?

No it isn't.

UConn's 2022 schedule ranks out in the bottom 30% of FBS schedules. 72nd out of 100 FBS schedules to be exact according to one publication.

Look I hope Mora proves me wrong and rebuilds UConn football but one or more of the Kool Aid drinkers seemingly believe that this season has witnessed a big step forward for UConn football which I have not seen.

Perhaps we can agree to withhold celebrations about Coach Mora's performance until we have something to celebrate.

so this strength of schedule is for the season and if someone were to look at the first 6 games my guess is we would be in the top 30% as to strength of schedule. This team has had several costly mistakes especially by first year players but the overall play is improved over last year. We are 1-3! I don’t think anyone on this site thought we could do better than 2-2 at this point in the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tough schedule?

No it isn't.

UConn's 2022 schedule ranks out in the bottom 30% of FBS schedules. 72nd out of 100 FBS schedules to be exact according to one publication.

Look I hope Mora proves me wrong and rebuilds UConn football but one or more of the Kool Aid drinkers seemingly believe that this season has witnessed a big step forward for UConn football which I have not seen.

Perhaps we can agree to withhold celebrations about Coach Mora's performance until we have something to celebrate.

Now do a strength of schedule for just the first 6 games.

You’re clowning yourself every time you post.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Results against the #4 team in the country, whatever happens tonight against the #12 team, and a solid Syracuse team cannot be the only indicators that you look at. Of course this team was going to get dismantled (I'm counting tonight as a likely decimation but who knows). However, through it all, this team still seems to be saying the right things and keeping the desire to play hard. We never saw that under RE 2.0. We saw players who hung their heads and gave up. These players still are hungry and I'm hoping we see the improvement on the back end of our schedule.

To crucify Mora on year one after inheriting this mess is absolute insanity. He has brought in a new attitude that is needed. He has turned around the recruiting focus towards the portal. Having another underwhelming record should not be as hurtful as it was under past coaches because Mora knows how to use the portal and you'll always find players who want to play there.

I don't get some of you. Yeah the Kool Aid was great and there's still some waiting on the back end on the schedule. To think we'd be anything more than what we are right now, after these injuries, is wishful thinking. However, this team still has fight in it. Something we haven't seen from past teams over the years.

Reaction Score
Tough schedule?

No it isn't.

Look I hope Mora proves me wrong agnd rebuilds UConn football but one or more of the Kool Aid drinkers seemingly believe that this season has witnessed a big step forward for UConn football which I have not seen.

Really? Sorry but I'll disagree with you. First, I know HCJM is in his first year here, but from afar, I can see that this team is not getting down. We might not have a winning season, but I think after Fresno next week, it will get easier. I still said we'll win 3 games this season.

Jim Mora bought in a QB from Arizona this week, is he in on the roster? What happened to Drura? Did he transfer?

Reaction Score
I don’t care how bad Utah is, they nearly beat them on the road and beat CCSU the following week. Last year, Utah would have 50-7 loss and CCSU likely would have beat them. That’s progress with a bar that is very low. With the injuries they’ve had, it’s really difficult to assess Syracuse and Michigan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom