Men - Despite obstacles, Penders’ Huskies have become a national player (The Day) | The Boneyard

Men Despite obstacles, Penders’ Huskies have become a national player (The Day)

Reaction Score
I know, but it's definitely worth the read...

-> ... It sure is for baseball here in this corner of the world. And yet the UConn Huskies endure and prevail, riding the rainbow to Logan Airport early Thursday morning for a flight to San Francisco and a date with Stanford in the Super Regionals Saturday night.

It's all so hard. Yet Jim Penders, the affable, utterly unpretentious coach, keeps writing better narratives with a work ethic befitting Avis (he keeps trying harder) and a success rate like Old Man River (he just keeps rolling along.)

Penders called the Huskies' trip back from an epic win at rowdy Maryland a "happy tired" the other night. UConn was back on its turfed lawn Wednesday for a workout before going west to what Penders called "hallowed ground," otherwise known as Stanford's revered Sunken Diamond.

And yet lost in UConn's geographical inconveniences is the reality that the Huskies are becoming a player in college baseball. A legitimate player. They may dress in more layers and shiver considerably more in early season than the kids at six-time national champion LSU, but then UConn is still playing here in 2022 and LSU isn't. <-

Reaction Score
Really good read. Stopped clock is right twice a day and DiMauro hits it maybe twice a year.

Reaction Score

I believe Geno has said somewhat similar things about Coach Penders in the past. Funny thing is, I think the two of them consistently are the two best coaching interviews that I have seen from any coach who are a part of UConn athletics.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I believe Geno has said somewhat similar things about Coach Penders in the past. Funny thing is, I think the two of them consistently are the two best coaching interviews that I have seen from any coach who are a part of UConn athletics.
Years ago I had Coach Penders speak to a UConn Alumni Hartford Chapter meeting. After hosting events with Randy Edsall, Geno, Jim Calhoun, etc- I will go to my grave swearing Penders is the best coach on that campus. His acknowledgement of program history, his Pillars for Success, he is the best ambasssador the university could have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom