Despite NBA struggles, Thabeet feels 'blessed' | The Boneyard

Despite NBA struggles, Thabeet feels 'blessed'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good article. Thabeet would have been an incredible bb player if he started playing when he was young. Good luck Thabeet.

Reaction Score
Hasheem is blessed, but his content attitude is probably why he hasn't been successful in the NBA. I remember at the 09 Final Four they showed him in the crowd with his shades on with a big smile, just enjoying the ride. Most competitors wouldn't be smiling after losing at the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Most people feel blessed with much less. He is healthy, a millionaire, and plays a game he loves. Seems like he is doing well to me. Good for him. Good luck Hasheem!

Reaction Score
Good article. Thabeet would have been an incredible bb player if he started playing when he was young. Good luck Thabeet.
I don't know, I thought he was pretty incredible for us. I get what you're saying though.

Reaction Score
I still remember being an undergrad and seeing him sitting behind our bench during a game when we were recruiting him. I was amazed at how gigantic the kid was. Glad he chose UConn.

Reaction Score
Thabeet reached his college ceiling at uconn thanks to Calhoun and co. A final four is very significant stuff. Had dyson not been hurt they had a chance not just for the champ game but also for the championship. He's also a good dude. He was always a second round pick in a lottery body. But I wish him all the best. Nice kid

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Thabeet reached his college ceiling at uconn thanks to Calhoun and co. A final four is very significant stuff. Had dyson not been hurt they had a chance not just for the champ game but also for the championship. He's also a good dude. He was always a second round pick in a lottery body. But I wish him all the best. Nice kid
Had Dyson not been hurt he might have won an NCAA game and Chief wouldn't have the opportunity to remind us in every Dyson thread that Dyson never won a NCAA game. Good thing for Chief Dyson got hurt. Sarcasm off.

Reaction Score
Chief lucked out with two knee injuries - AJ Price's vs San Diego and Dyson's. He also needed the fadeaway over Stanley to drop or else Dyson would have won us a tournament game for us with clutch free throw shooting.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Chief lucked out with two knee injuries - AJ Price's vs San Diego and Dyson's. He also needed the fadeaway over Stanley to drop or else Dyson would have won us a tournament game for us with clutch free throw shooting.
We could add a million details but it won't stop the haters from hating and therefore ignoring every one of them. But I appreciate your knowledge.

What was your incarnation on the previous forums? Or are you a new poster?

Reaction Score
Its not that he's only blessed but he's rich also. That will keep a smile on your face especially with his background/history.

Reaction Score
hasheems nba career has not come as a surprise to me at all. i couldnt believe he was the #2 pick in the draft when the grizzlies took him. i figured at best he`d be a guy who could be a back up whod grab a few rebounds and block a few shots but not score much at all. i really hope he can resurrect some type of career in the nba but it doesnt look like thats very likely. although i didnt have high hopes for him in the nba i definitely didnt think he`d be in the d-league.
greg oden and hasheem have to be two of the biggest busts of all time.

Reaction Score
Hasheem is blessed, but his content attitude is probably why he hasn't been successful in the NBA. I remember at the 09 Final Four they showed him in the crowd with his shades on with a big smile, just enjoying the ride. Most competitors wouldn't be smiling after losing at the Final Four.[/quote]

Here is HT after the MSU game:

doc49d8a46952ba7846779859.jpg

Reaction Score
Hasheem may never live up to the level that his draft position would dictate, but I hope he eventually develops into a solid bench player. Regardless, I wish him well. I met him once and he could not have been a nicer guy.

What I remember most, was when I shock his hand I remembered another boneyarder saying "his fingers went up to my elbow when he shock my hand". My hand looked like a child's in his.

I hope he has an impact on countless people as a result of the opportunities he's been given. If I recall correctly, he mentioned that he'd like to be the president of his country some day. Regardless to what happens with his NBA career, I hope he goes on to do great things for others, like another big man who struggled in the NBA, Manute bol.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What a great article. Had no idea he liked to paint ... I find that fascinating. Best of luck to him this season.

Reaction Score
It's a question of culture.
Where he comes from, most kids are thrilled if they have a steady diet and access to a one room school.
Here, if a kid's iThing stalls for 1/2 second or the Game Cube connection is a bit slow, anger management issues and ADD cause complete mental immolation.

If you've never gone a couple days without food, involuntarily, you're doing quite well by historical standards.

See . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's a question of culture.
Where he comes from, most kids are thrilled if they have a steady diet and access to a one room school.
Here, if a kid's iThing stalls for 1/2 second or the Game Cube connection is a bit slow, anger management issues and ADD cause complete mental immolation.

If you've never gone a couple days without food, involuntarily, you're doing quite well by historical standards.

See . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk
LOL and so true.

And we could add how certain fans of certain teams get upset when their team only gets to the semis in the NCAA tournament, while most fans don't see their teams get past the first round.

Or some fans teams have 20 or more players in the NBA but they obsess their attention on the the players who they don't like.:)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I wouldn't write off Hasheem quite yet. He'll never be an offensive threat but that hasn't stopped Tyson Chandler (for example) from becoming a quality starter.

There have been numerous one-dimensional (low-scoring and decent-but-not-great-rebounding) shotblockers who have had long NBA careers -- Manute Bol, Shawn Bradley, Theo Ratliff and Mark Eaton are four guys off the top of my head.

He won't ever live up to his #2 selection but no use worrying about that. (Not that he seems to be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom