Desmond Claude | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Desmond Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He has not had alot of playing time -- that said, tough to say he sucks when he hasn't had a chance to perform.

caw

Reaction Score
Alrighty then - back to the stats again if you want to play the stats and boxscore card some more. Now go look at the numbers in Big East play when the &@$! started to hit the fan. CFJ about the same, a little better and Cali and Al are like 107 and 109 respectively.

Look, I’m not suggesting that CFJ is the second coming. He barely played until the Bynum injury, but we see the story across sports all the time where a door opens and a guy shows something. He’s also only a freshman. Do a me favor and just do the eye test. He plays like a bulldog in man, and nobody will argue that’s exactly what we need on D in the backcourt to right the ship. In your eyes, we leave a shooter in that can’t throw it in the ocean right now.

As for the dumb A10 comment by @husky429 , I’d love to place a friendly wager on whether Floyd plays at Providence next year. I’ll send you a set of CFJ autographed kettlebells if I lose.

That would be a bad bet. He’ll be at PC next year and probably playing more. He’s a solid player down the road, he would be a negligible difference on UConn, or a negative this year.

No telling if he would have been able to contribute when Jackson and Hawkins were out to start the year. Without one of the bench guards it’s possible UConn has a few more losses to start the year. Not sure he would make a huge difference in the games UConn lost in the past few months either to make up for it. His sample size is so small, both offensively and defensively.

Claude on the other hand would be a plus, but as mentioned there wasn’t mutual interest.

Next year the plan is obviously to have Ball and Castle either starting or off the bench. Not sure Floyd would play over either, it shall be seen.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I always felt Boatwright got shorted. Kemba had Napier, Napier had Boatwright and Boatwright had no strong supporting backcourt mate.
Should’ve had Jalen Adams if he didn’t do his Post Grad year.

Reaction Score
Floyd has had more games with 0 points than games with points. He may turn out to be a decent player, but he wouldn't have solved any of our issues this year. PC's guard play outside of Carter isn't all that great, and Floyd still can barely get on the court for them.
PC guards are all better than UConn's.

Reaction Score
Like many on here, jumping to conclusions too soon. Not saying he would start for us, but the dude is making the most of every opportunity - can’t say that about our backup guards as much during Big East play. Those guys have been playing without their 1st team all big East PG since mid game against us and getting by pretty well. Looked at the box score - Bynum got in last night for a few minutes. Everyone on the board !ing all over every guard on our team except Hawk and yet Floyds defense (and apparently a bit more) would add no value this year? Hate to admit it, but that guy is gonna give us fits the next couple years. Always happens against the one you lose as someone else said.

Let the thumbs down rain down!!
They're just mad that he left for PC so they hating on the kid. Real basketball heads know damn well Corey Floyd Jr. is going to be a really good player by the time he's finished at Providence.

Reaction Score
Except as the post from you replied to pointed out, he's not making the most out of every opportunity when in more than half the games he's played he scored 0 points. He might be a fine player by his junior year, but I'm not worried about missing him. We're bringing in plenty of talent
He's going to be a fine player next as a sophomore when he's dropping 20 at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Alrighty then - back to the stats again if you want to play the stats and boxscore card some more. Now go look at the numbers in Big East play when the &@$! started to hit the fan. CFJ about the same, a little better and Cali and Al are like 107 and 109 respectively.

Look, I’m not suggesting that CFJ is the second coming. He barely played until the Bynum injury, but we see the story across sports all the time where a door opens and a guy shows something. He’s also only a freshman. Do a me favor and just do the eye test. He plays like a bulldog in man, and nobody will argue that’s exactly what we need on D in the backcourt to right the ship. In your eyes, we leave a shooter in that can’t throw it in the ocean right now.

As for the dumb A10 comment by @husky429 , I’d love to place a friendly wager on whether Floyd plays at Providence next year. I’ll send you a set of CFJ autographed kettlebells if I lose.
@NotADime89 - you missed one buddy. Don’t forget to down arrow the one where @aburks41 bold printed what I said and noted stats that supported MY point about CFJ, not his own. Funny how the thread went quiet right after that and then Floyd ironically throws up another nice game against Nova over the weekend. I rest my case…again.

Reaction Score
Like many on here, jumping to conclusions too soon. Not saying he would start for us, but the dude is making the most of every opportunity - can’t say that about our backup guards as much during Big East play. Those guys have been playing without their 1st team all big East PG since mid game against us and getting by pretty well. Looked at the box score - Bynum got in last night for a few minutes. Everyone on the board !ing all over every guard on our team except Hawk and yet Floyds defense (and apparently a bit more) would add no value this year? Hate to admit it, but that guy is gonna give us fits the next couple years. Always happens against the one you lose as someone else said.

Let the thumbs down rain down!!
We (and reading between the lines the coaches) didn't want him to leave. He got poached. I thought it was a strange decision by him. He probably would be getting the Joey or Diarra minutes on our team, which is 2x as much as he's gotten for Providence so far despite their PG getting hurt.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
@aburks41, @navery12 …not sure if you guys know this….but you can impact a game with a zero stat line. Our defense absolutely blows. There are two ends of a basketball court. If you think Joey and Naheim are playing better D than Floyd in Big East play, you aren’t paying attention. I am pretty certain you have not seen one minute of his play since he stuck that 3 in our face in limited action vs us. Glad you guys aren’t recruiting for us - I guess you only need a box score to evaluate players. LOL! Ask Danny who he’d rather have in there right now of those 3 guys after watching our guards get beat time and time again man to man.
You’re right! UConn is 10-1 in games Apostolos Romoglou has appeared in this year, and he has only scored in 2 of them!

Reaction Score
You’re right! UConn is 10-1 in games Apostolos Romoglou has appeared in this year, and he has only scored in 2 of them!
Another great take from the boxscore and stats crowd that was already refuted with their own data - but thanks for playing! You have to actually watch some of the games to understand what I’ve said. Don’t get me wrong, I like stats too - Moneyball is a great movie. Almost as good as Superbad!

Reaction Score
We (and reading between the lines the coaches) didn't want him to leave. He got poached. I thought it was a strange decision by him. He probably would be getting the Joey or Diarra minutes on our team, which is 2x as much as he's gotten for Providence so far despite their PG getting hurt.
I’m with you. Certainly didn’t want him to leave, and merely chimed in that he was emerging and taking advantage of his playing time at Prov. When you say “we” through, there are clearly some people based on the comments that think he sucks, or could not crack our rotation - obviously you’re not one of them! I just wonder if those same people would think those things had he not left.

Reaction Score
He looked pretty good against Nova as a spot player. We could have used him in the same role this year for sure. Wish he had stayed. Any word on why he bailed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom