Deshon Foxx.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deshon Foxx....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
+1000. Terrible outing and seems incapable of making plays. Not a prime time player.
It seeded like all the passes he had trouble with were thrown to his outside whether he lined up left or right. Maybe he has to be throw to over the middle on crossing routes just to build some confidence. It also looks like Boyle throws a nice spiral. In some cases it looked like the balls snuck up on some receivers and defenders. Someone said earlier that the team should have been ready since they practiced with him for a week and a half. Foxx did have a terrible day hopefully this does not discourage him or Boyle going forward. It would really help to have Phillips back on the other side. Davis managed to hang on to a bunch of them over the middle. Go Huskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I think you might need to watch the video of those three plays. An all-pro NFL receiver wouldn't catch passes that were akin to fielding a fair catch punt?

even the best have bad days. Pretty sure I could find Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, or Larry Fitzgerald drops. I'm also sure I could find some top punt returners dropping fair catches.
the difference is that the great one's get up, dust themselves off, and go right back at it without missing a step.

Reaction Score
So did Wes Welker drop that ball in the Super Bowl or was it a poor pass by Brady?
Not relevant. Foxx had three drops versus USF. And it's not like he's making Wes Welker plays all over the field and dropped one. He has dropped lots and lots of balls in many games. He probably has as many drops as catches.

Reaction Score
I didn't see it but after the touchdown he either dropped or didn't drop depending on your point of view Foxx was doing push-ups on the sideline according to my son.

That is correct.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So, this doesn't make sense at all.

Take a guy who REALLY STRUGGLES even making routine, wide open outside routes, and take him into the mix, throws over the middle, etc.

Not a great idea!

So because he struggled today he shouldn't be used at all? Gotcha. If this happened in multiple games I wouldn't have made my comment. This was one game, new QB, and I'd give the kid one more shot. He should have been pulled during the game but after that you gotta try again during practice and next game. If he can't catch or makes bad drops next game, then it's time to move on.

Reaction Score
So because he struggled today he shouldn't be used at all? Gotcha. If this happened in multiple games I wouldn't have made my comment. This was one game, new QB, and I'd give the kid one more shot. He should have been pulled during the game but after that you gotta try again during practice and next game. If he can't catch or makes bad drops next game, then it's time to move on.

Has nothing to do with giving him another shot. Given our WR corps, he is going to get more opportunities.

But making his catching opportunities more complicated and more difficult(slants are as tough as it gets) is setting a player with shaky confidence up for failure.

Reaction Score
Re-watched the game. Foxx needs to be benched. He does not belong on that field with those players. Same with Jimmy Bennett, he constantly is getting beat/run over.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was really bad yesterday.

I don't take much solace in the fact that we got open enough for the QB to throw to him.

Similar to the basketball player who is always wide open when he catches the ball and shoots 4-17. And it takes the coach to explain to the player that there's a reason why your wide open. You can't shoot and the defense knows it. Sometimes there's a reason why you are wide open. The defense isn't concerned about your ability.

Reaction Score
There is no way that Foxx won't improve catching the ball. He just needs to relax and get the fear out of his hands. He is over thinking it. He's way too athletic to have such bad hands.

Reaction Score
I
It seeded like all the passes he had trouble with were thrown to his outside whether he lined up left or right. Maybe he has to be throw to over the middle on crossing routes just to build some confidence. It also looks like Boyle throws a nice spiral. In some cases it looked like the balls snuck up on some receivers and defenders. Someone said earlier that the team should have been ready since they practiced with him for a week and a half. Foxx did have a terrible day hopefully this does not discourage him or Boyle going forward. It would really help to have Phillips back on the other side. Davis managed to hang on to a bunch of them over the middle. Go Huskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to be hard on the kid, but if we all agree execution is essential, then we must recognize that when a kid is given multiple chances to be successful and fails, then you move on to the guy that will. Speed without play making is useless. He has to go to the bench and earn his way back on the field selectively. That game was lost by giving up at least 14 points of makable catches.

Reaction Score
Re-watched the game. Foxx needs to be benched. He does not belong on that field with those players. Same with Jimmy Bennett, he constantly is getting beat/run over.

Hate to say it, but Jimmy Bennett did NOT look good. Have to wonder what some of the guys were focused on in terms of training by GDL or whoever was responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom