Deshon Foxx.... | The Boneyard

Deshon Foxx....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's quite the understatement, a new term should be created to convey just how terrible Foxx has been.

I get why he's on the field.. SPEED... He's a burner... If you ask me, switch him to defense... guys with rock hands play defense for that very reason, no? (sorry Deshon, ur speed might does us more justice in our defensive backfield bro)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I get why he's on the field.. SPEED... He's a burner... If you ask me, switch him to defense... guys with rock hands play defense for that very reason, no? (sorry Deshon, ur speed might does us more justice in our defensive backfield bro)

Unfortunately they aren't using his speed appropriately. He is not tall so using him on deep routes is not ideal. Bubble screens, short slants, that's where he should be used. Unfortunately, they tried that screen and he botched it.

Reaction Score
I have some issues with how Foxx is being used as a receiver. Why are we using him to run long routes? We now know he has suspect hands, and has extreme trouble locating the ball in the air.

But his speed is undeniable. It showed on the reverse called back due to a horrid holding by McQuillan (there was zero reason to grab the defender). He can still be an asset on short passes and fly sweeps. But please lets just stop with having him run outside routes.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately they aren't using his speed appropriately. He is not tall so using him on deep routes is not ideal. Bubble screens, short slants, that's where he should be used. Unfortunately, they tried that screen and he botched it.

If he can't catch it doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
Before the season, I envisioned him as Tavon Austin, type weapon. Boy was I wrong. Guess that Is what you get when you recruit a kid as running back and try to make him into a college WR.

Reaction Score
Yes, he had a rough day. But not even in the NFL with an All-pro receiver would either of those long "drops" be called drops. Just tough catches he didn't quite make.
There is absolutely no difference between the Foxx "drop" in the end zone and the Davis non-touchdown against Michigan. Both are tough catches that they didn't quite make. The only difference is Davis had a man on his hip and the ball was exactly the only place it could be. Foxx's defender wasn't within 10 yards, but the ball was overthrown and had no touch at all. Not his fault.

There were like 3 others though.......smh..... If he didn't have his hands up they would have hit him in the chest.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, he had a rough day. But not even in the NFL with an All-pro receiver would either of those long "drops" be called drops. Just tough catches he didn't quite make.
There is absolutely no difference between the Foxx "drop" in the end zone and the Davis non-touchdown against Michigan. Both are tough catches that they didn't quite make. The only difference is Davis had a man on his hip and the ball was exactly the only place it could be. Foxx's defender wasn't within 10 yards, but the ball was overthrown and had no touch at all. Not his fault.

There were like 3 others though.......smh..... If he didn't have his hands up they would have hit him in the chest.

I think you might need to watch the video of those three plays. An all-pro NFL receiver wouldn't catch passes that were akin to fielding a fair catch punt?

Reaction Score
I think you might need to watch the video of those three plays. An all-pro NFL receiver wouldn't catch passes that were akin to fielding a fair catch punt?

No, doofus. An all-pro NFL receiver would be more likely to catch it. But if he didn't, no one would call it a drop. Not the announcer, not the coaches, and not the fans.

Foxx almost made great plays on two sub-par throws. If it was only those 2 and he didn't also drop 3 easy ones, we would never be having this conversation.

Reaction Score

That Davis drop was...a catch that somehow got overturned.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, doofus. An all-pro NFL receiver would be more likely to catch it. But if he didn't, no one would call it a drop. Not the announcer, not the coaches, and not the fans.

Foxx almost made great plays on two sub-par throws. If it was only those 2 and he didn't also drop 3 easy ones, we would never be having this conversation.

Ok sure they wouldn't. I guess we are all idiots and those catches don't get made in stadiums all over the country.

Reaction Score

So, this doesn't make sense at all.

Take a guy who REALLY STRUGGLES even making routine, wide open outside routes, and take him into the mix, throws over the middle, etc.

Not a great idea!

Reaction Score
Take the wool mittens off # 4. Simple as that. Probably several hundred in attendance could have gone down to the field and made those catches. Geez, why any high school playmaker wouldn't come go UConn and simply own the WR position.

Reaction Score
Ok sure they wouldn't. I guess we are all idiots and those catches don't get made in stadiums all over the country.
Whaler, did you even read my post? your answer doesn't even make sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, did you even read my post? your answer doesn't even make sense.

Your post says that no one would call them drops. Yet everyone here is calling them drops. So my post reflects that we must be idiots and those types of plays don't turn into catches regularly at games all over the country.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Yeah, he has the hands for deflecting, not catching.

Horrible day today, Mr. Foxx

Reaction Score

So did Wes Welker drop that ball in the Super Bowl or was it a poor pass by Brady?

Reaction Score

I don't even buy that, at Buffalo he let the safety run him down and instead of a touchdown we had to settle for a field goal

Reaction Score
This player was recruited by Edsall as a running back correct? Where was he on the depth chart at RB? Why is he starting at the Z?

Is he giving everything he got? Can you be upset with that?

Respectively? Yes. Low. Because our depth on this team on offense, all over the place, has a 2 year hole in it, and somebody needs to play. Yes. No.

Reaction Score
I didn't see it but after the touchdown he either dropped or didn't drop depending on your point of view Foxx was doing push-ups on the sideline according to my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom