Deshaun Watson | The Boneyard

Deshaun Watson

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
What the heck is going on here? The guy has a generally positive public life..is seen as a top 5 quarterback in the league...then over the past couple years he disagrees with management on a number of issues and he demands a trade. Management tries to smooth over issues but he states he has played his last game for the Texans.

Right after this....multiple allegations of sexual assault become public. Multiple as in12. Is this just coincidence? Was the team protecting Watson and decided to stop protecting him when he demanded a trade?

I can't see how this helps them. I can't imagine anyone will trade for him until this is resolved. And I can't imagine he will be happy playing there.

It just seems bizarre.

Reaction Score
It is strange. Maybe the women are one of the reasons he wanted out of Texas.

My guess is we will hear much more about this whether we want to or not.

Reaction Score
There's no way it's a coincidence. He put the Texans in a corner and they leaked something they had known and kept under wraps. Now he can't go anywhere. He can shut up, play hard and reclaim his character.....or he sits out and they void his contract.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
There's no way it's a coincidence. He put the Texans in a corner and they leaked something they had known and kept under wraps. Now he can't go anywhere. He can shut up, play hard and reclaim his character.....or he sits out and they void his contract.
It seems possible...but this may lead to significant legal issues and a league suspension. Which means they won't have Watson or whatever they could have gotten in a trade. Seems like if they knew Watson was trouble...trading him was the better option.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It seems possible...but this may lead to significant legal issues and a league suspension. Which means they won't have Watson or whatever they could have gotten in a trade. Seems like if they knew Watson was trouble...trading him was the better option.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

The more probable explanation is Texans tried trading him and a combo of NFL and other team security knew he had issues killing his trade value.

Watson getting in legal trouble gives Texans cap space and PR space to move forward.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
The more probable explanation is Texans tried trading him and a combo of NFL and other team security knew he had issues killing his trade value.

Watson getting in legal trouble gives Texans cap space and PR space to move forward.
I can see that as a possibility also. This is just too messy for it not to be more than it appears at face value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom