Derrick Rose | The Boneyard

Derrick Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Good luck Knicks. Rose responded about rape allegations - "If I have to miss time thats a part of it". Wonder how much we'll see of him on the court.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SMH
This guy is a gem-
The Squid and Memphis- does it ever end?

Reaction Score
I can't stand Rose but the rape allegations are bogus.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I hate Calipari more than anyone in sports, literally...but since he's been in the NBA I've liked and rooted for Rose, and just b/c of the knee thing I still do, though it's getting to danger time for him to ever "get it back."

But ya, I tend to agree with superjohn, these rape allegations are garbage.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Idk man, this one may have some steam. If you read the depositions or whatever they did with Rose his answers were, as expected, incredibly dumb and brainless but really made him seem guilty.

I remember them asking him what he was doing at the outside the victims home with friends at 3am while she claims she was passed out in her own bed and he said something along the lines of "we are men, I don't think it needs to be said what we were there for".

Reaction Score
I remember them asking him what he was doing at the outside the victims home with friends at 3am while she claims she was passed out in her own bed and he said something along the lines of "we are men, I don't think it needs to be said what we were there for".

It's a dumb thing to say, but I don't know that those particular comments depict him as guilty. I read the depositions, and, while a rape may have occurred, nothing about the collected evidence suggests to me that there is any sort of smoking gun here.

Rose is portrayed as something as a sex addict. Somebody with more knowledge about sexual assault than me would have to tell me whether there is any correlation between the urge for sex and the urge to rape. It seems like there would be an obvious relationship, but the depositions are absent the vindictive overtones that I would expect from somebody capable of committing a crime of this magnitude (and yes, I know plenty of convicted rapists fit that category, so it's hardly fool-proof).

The unfortunate reality is that these crimes are extremely difficult to prosecute. Hopefully the victim gets the help she needs.

Reaction Score
Not sure who is advising him but he made a dumb decision not settling this case before it got to this point, his rep is pretty much done for good with the deposition leaks.

Reaction Score
Not sure who is advising him but he made a dumb decision not settling this case before it got to this point, his rep is pretty much done for good with the deposition leaks.
His brother is the only person he listens to, Rose is dumber than dirt.

Reaction Score
Okay help me recall him getting into Memphis? Wasn't there issues with his grades or something with most believing he had not shot of getting into a college, therefore many of the big guys laid off?

Not sure I have ever heard the man talk but you guys are making him seem pretty stupid overall, is it that bad?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I wouldn't know about the charges - thats up to the court to decide. I am reacting more to the comment about "missing time" and "so be it". Sounds to me like he's is not too interested in taking the court which has been the knock on hime for quite a while.

Reaction Score
Okay help me recall him getting into Memphis? Wasn't there issues with his grades or something with most believing he had not shot of getting into a college, therefore many of the big guys laid off?

Not sure I have ever heard the man talk but you guys are making him seem pretty stupid overall, is it that bad?
He failed the ACT three times in Chicago so they had someone else in Detroit take SAT for him.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ya supposedly someone took his SATs for him...and I always found him pretty dumb sounding and I find his brother grimey...so nothing about my "fandom" of him above is based on that stuff... He's not a bright cat, for sure.

Reaction Score
Exactly, don't like the guy at all but the allegations are questionable at best. He will most likely be found at least partially liable in this case and have to pay some amount of money. But I doubt this ever reaches a criminal trial because there's just not enough evidence for a conviction, at least from what I've seen

Reaction Score
Exactly, don't like the guy at all but the allegations are questionable at best. He will most likely be found at least partially liable in this case and have to pay some amount of money. But I doubt this ever reaches a criminal trial because there's just not enough evidence for a conviction, at least from what I've seen
The ship has absolutely sailed on "criminal charges". This is purely a civil case and, as such, the burden of proof isn't very high. Basically, he has to prove he didn't rape her.

Regardless, there is no evidence, whatsoever. It's entirely a he-said, she-said thing.

In the grand scheme of things, "rape" is worse than "assault", which is far worse than unconsented / unconscious sex. Regardless of whether Rose is a sex addict or not, I just don't get this kind of thing. At best he and his pals had barely conscious, completely drunken sex with a woman to the point she doesn't remember it.

As some of you said, Rose appears to be dumb as a rock, so I guess it makes sense that he has no clue that with his resources, he doesn't need to talk his "girlfriend" into having a threesome with him and his friends. It's the year 2016, you can find people on the internet that want to do that very thing. I can't imagine the woman in question was so fascinating and alluring that it was some kind of unique draw to just her. I mean, how satisfying can it even be to have sex with an unconscious person ?!??! Bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom