Depth Chart Is Up | The Boneyard

Depth Chart Is Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see no changes whatsoever. Blidi is not on the two deep.

My guess is you will see JM start at QB, with McCummings having a bigger package than we've seen yet. If we lose to Syracuse and JM does not play well, they will use the off week to work Nebrich into the lineup.

Hopefully, we don't lose Saturday and we'll never know if I'm right.

Reaction Score
My one hope is that most Big East teams have been pretty lousy on the road, including Syracuse. It's definitely a winnable game. Not that we are that good at winning winnable games. But it's theoretically possible.

Really disappointing news about Blidi, though.

Reaction Score

My guess is you will see JM start at QB, with McCummings having a bigger package than we've seen yet. If we lose to Syracuse and JM does not play well, they will use the off week to work Nebrich into the lineup.

What does it say about my maturity level if this made me giggle?

Really will be very disappointed if JM starts. For the record, if P decides Nebrich or McCummings gets the starting nod, we won't find out until gameday.

Reaction Score

What does it say about my maturity level if this made me giggle?
Jimmy , you get post of the day. I actually did LOL.

Reaction Score
So what happens if JMc does not play well and we win?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
What does it say about my maturity level if this made me giggle?.

That it's about the same as mine. I almost posted something about stereotypes about 5 minutes after the OP but thought it was inappropriate.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
My guess is if we keep winning, he keeps starting, almost no matter what. But my guess isn't better than anyone elses.
This is my feeling as well. If they haven't benched him at this point while they've been losing and he's played poorly, I can't imagine them benching him after a W regardless of how he plays.

Reaction Score
Not sure how there can be no changes on defense. Boggles my mind actually. That linebacker trio played about the worst game you can possibly play.

Reaction Score
The talking heads always note a lot of missed tackles when a team plays poorly on defense. I see that sometimes, but more often the defender is not close enough or athletic enough to close on the ball carrier so waves an arm or reaches in an attempt to make a play. Not being close enough to me is as often scheme as it is player ability. The linebackers can not cover five wide, not sure what to do but doesn't work. Backs and TE's out of backfield too open, crossing patterns break free, wide screens open - seems like some scheme adjustments are needed; stopping run has not been the answer when give up 450 yards passing.

Reaction Score
Coach P definitely strikes me as the guy to change his mind on QB depth chart via a facebook group.

However, I am pretty sure his house is in a section of town with no power. Do you guys want me to offer to take his family into my warm house in exchange for starting Nebrich?

Reaction Score
defense has been alarmingly terrible.
for all coach Brown's tough-talk, i consistently see 10 yard cushions given to wideouts, by doing so they're making it way too easy for opponents to run their plays
it is a basic tenet of defensive football that by disrupting your opponent's plays, you'll create situations that require them to adjust, and that is when a defense can be effective.
PITT's collection of WR's is nothing to write home about, and yet UConn's Db's were giving them the type of respect due Larry Fitzgerald
all this "aggression" BS is hot air when it isn't brought to the field on gameday
Syracuse is another team of pedestrian offensive talent, yet if you lay off their receivers, and Nassib is given time & vision downfield, UConn will be picked apart once again
headed to the game this Saturday w/ my posse & hoping to see some increased defensive pressure
a bowl game is within grasp if the team can defend home-field, and after Syracuse you're looking @ 2 freshmen QB's coming to the Rent, if the place gets amped up they could actually have something to cheer about come December
let's go HUSKIES!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Coach P definitely strikes me as the guy to change his mind on QB depth chart via a facebook group.

However, I am pretty sure his house is in a section of town with no power. Do you guys want me to offer to take his family into my warm house in exchange for starting Nebrich?

yes

Reaction Score

very funny Sean, i'll even volunteer to come by & cook breakfast

Reaction Score
The talking heads always note a lot of missed tackles when a team plays poorly on defense. I see that sometimes, but more often the defender is not close enough or athletic enough to close on the ball carrier so waves an arm or reaches in an attempt to make a play. Not being close enough to me is as often scheme as it is player ability. The linebackers can not cover five wide, not sure what to do but doesn't work. Backs and TE's out of backfield too open, crossing patterns break free, wide screens open - seems like some scheme adjustments are needed; stopping run has not been the answer when give up 450 yards passing.

I rewatched the Pitt game, wrote a ridiculously long game analysis, only I could not post it here because it was too long (grrrrrr). Anyway, you are partially correct. The defensive scheme during the game was beyond abysmal. No adjustments at all. Todd Graham made Don Brown look like a flag football coach. But . . . the linebackers did have an atrocious game making tackles, taking the correct angles, and filling their responsibilities. Smallwood was the only one of the 3 who showed something on occassion.

Reaction Score
Defense simply overcommits... need to stop that... LB corp needs to read and react a little better and we should be fine on that side of the ball.. Offense as a whole stinks inside the opponent's 20 yard line period...

Reaction Score
Defense simply overcommits... need to stop that... LB corp needs to read and react a little better and we should be fine on that side of the ball.. Offense as a whole stinks inside the opponent's 20 yard line period...

"LB corp needs to read and react a little better and we should be fine on that side of the ball." WOW - how about they need to be in the same zip code as the receiver before "reading and reacting" makes a difference. So after 8 games the "Defense simply overcommits" - don't even know what that means vs. good scheme/coaching of fundamentals. :confused: This isn't really directed to your post, just venting in general re what I see as pop warner type coaching mistakes. Opponents read our defense like an open book and can get receivers open, and I mean really open, on pass plays. If a defender is 5 yards away from a receiver when he catches the ball, that defender is not going to tackle a BCS quality player given that much space with any consistency. There goes the big play. Opponents want a Uconn blitz as can't cover quick slants/curls and when fake blitz our non blitzers take themselves out of play by just standing around. This after 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom