Depth Chart is Up | The Boneyard

Depth Chart is Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Along with the rest of this weeks's game notes on uconnhuskies.com.

On offense, the OL has been reshuffled as was discussed in 241. Left to right the starters are now Bennett, Friend, Petrus, Masters and Ryan, and the backups are Bullock, Greene, Bardzak, Cruz and Brown.

On D, the only change is that Joseph is now listed as an "or" with Jennings. My guess is Jennings will start, Joseph will be worked in and will take his job back either next week or in Morgantown.

On specials, it shows Foxx as the second kick returner (which we already saw).

Of course, if there is a change at QB, or TB (DJ and McCombs both "or") or hopefully Safety, we wouldn't know it until gameday anyway.

Reaction Score
Byron Jones needs to start at Safety. Junior still has not learned how to play the position, which stinks cause it seemed as though he just started to increase his football acumen last year, but with a new system in place......it may have set him back.

Reaction Score
Just to add....they need to settle the OLine rotation as well. We're now 3 games in and Friend is at a new position. I gave the staff time to figure things out with the rotations, but now is the time to make some decisions and live with them.

Reaction Score
In fairness to the staff, it sounds like they broke camp with Jimmy Bennett's confidence not yet fully back after his surgery, and they probably reacted to him showing marked improvement. I think the OL you're seeing today is, barring injury, one the staff is confident with.

If we could just say the same at QB or Safety ....

Reaction Score
I would not over react to the OL, what you want are a fwe guys who could step in at multiople positions (Bardzak, Masters, and now Friend) are being set up to allow for depth w/o having 5 backups. It's smart coaching. Having aid that, we keep reading that Cruz has grat potential in practice. The OL is NOT living up to expectations, and it would be nice to see the young pups getting more of a chance to push the others. This should be a position of strneght, but other than a few openings for LM, the run game has been non-existent the past 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised at all by the changes, what with the QB rotation. I believe this is probably our best Pass-protect O-line. Which makes sense if your QBs are young and inexperienced, but likely hampers your rushing output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom