Depth Chart is Posted | The Boneyard

Depth Chart is Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not much to talk about. It lists Junior as one starting safety, with Jones and Brown an "or" for the other one. Frankly, from what I could tell they were rotating the three of them in and out on Saturday anyway. Of course, if someone got dinged up on Saturday, or a change was being made, we wouldn't know until the game started anyway on Saturday afternoon.

Reaction Score
i thought i saw a bunch of 3 safety sets the past few weeks. i would like to see jones and brown back there getting the bulk of the time. just imo though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Brown's improvement is huge for us now and for the next few years.

In the midst of a turbulent season he's one of several players who continue to give us hope for the future.

Reaction Score
Brown's improvement is huge for us now and for the next few years.

In the midst of a turbulent season he's one of several players who continue to give us hope for the future.
Agreed! I think with his progress, fellow Redshirt Frosh Jones contributions, and the return of both starting CB's and Junior at Safety, the secondary should be an area of strength. Of course, I thought that would be a strength THIS year, and that hasn't really panned out like I expected/hoped. Hoping BWW stays healthy next year (not the sole cause of our problems on the backside this year, but it clearly didn't help...).

Reaction Score
Not much to talk about. It lists Junior as one starting safety, with Jones and Brown an "or" for the other one. Frankly, from what I could tell they were rotating the three of them in and out on Saturday anyway. Of course, if someone got dinged up on Saturday, or a change was being made, we wouldn't know until the game started anyway on Saturday afternoon.

Junior had a tough 1st quarter. he lost his man in coverage a couple of times and then gave up that 2nd or 3rd and 18 by playing so far off he was out of postion to stop the first down. I think they started to rotate him after that along with the three safety sets

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Any chance of Junior bulking up and playing OLB next season?...

Reaction Score

Instead of who? Would you prefer he start in front of Johnson (or one of the promising frosh in waiting) or Moore?

Reaction Score
I don't rule it out. Other Safeties have been moved to OLB over the years (like Dontae Moore and Kijuan Dabney).

That having been said, with a lot of depth at LB next year, and the fact that at worst Junior is our fifth best DB and we play five DB sets at least a third of the time, I do think it's unlikely.

Reaction Score

To my eye, Junior plays mostly OLB now. He comes in the game to be the safety in the box 90% of the time.

Reaction Score
Let's be fair, Junior was a LB when he came here and was converted to safety. He could be moved there, I get it. I just think both he and the team are better served if he stays at S rather than moves to LB. If you move him to LB for one year, what does anyone get from it. He might be the 3rd best option at OLB. If you move him, who moves up the chart at S? He is challenged as a S - he too often gets caught peeking inside as WRs fly past him, but if a move was to be made, it should have been his year. Moving him next year IMO would be a slap to a kid who has given his all for 3 years, while taking a 3 year starter out of the mix and leaving little experience at the S position.

Reaction Score
The only things I want to see from Junior are his hands on the ball when it's in the air, and ball carrier crumpling to the ground underneath him when the ball is being carried. I'm confident that wherever and however he's lined up, he'll get his opportunities.

Reaction Score
nice to see Kenney backing up Moore at one OLB spot now along with Opoku backing up Johnson

Reaction Score
nice to see Kenney backing up Moore at one OLB spot now along with Opoku backing up Johnson

LOL funny. Opoku and Kenney have been the backup OLBs all season. Why the change listing them on the depth chart now, in place of the two redshirting freshman, I can't imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom