Depth Chart 2012 | The Boneyard

Depth Chart 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that the roster is pretty much set (unless something odd happens), i figured i would put up the depth chart as i see it starting the season.

Here's my top 3 at each position:

PG- Shabazz / Boatright / Lamb

SG- Lamb / Boatright / Daniels

SF- Roscoe / Daniels / Giffey

PF- Oriahki / Olander / Roscoe or Bradley or Daniels

C- Drummond / Bradley / Wolf

Obviously there is some overlap, but when i look at the roster, i see so many interchangeable parts. Tons and tons of versatility, and multi-position players.

Thoughts ?

Reaction Score
I feel if Drummond or Oriakhi pick up two fouls Scoe would slide to four and Daniels or Giffey would come in, in stead of Olander

Reaction Score
I think AD, AO and RS will get the majority of minutes at the 4 and 5. If drummond gets in foul trouble (or needs a rest) the next best option at center (by far) is Oriakhi, with Roscoe sliding over to the 4. And if AO is in foul trouble or needs a rest the next best option at the four, in my opinion, is probably Roscoe. I think Olander and maybe Bradley have a chance to earn a few minutes at the 4 and 5 as well. I see Daniels getting some pretty good minutes at the three spot with Giffey having a chance to earn a few minutes at the 2 and/or the 3.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not much debate. If Andre does come to UConn the lineup looks on paper to be pretty much established.

Reaction Score
Not much debate. If Andre does come to UConn the lineup looks on paper to be pretty much established.
What do you mean "if"? Isn't Andre Drummond already here.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What do you mean "if"? Isn't Andre Drummond already here.
Until I see his name on the roster nothing is official.

Reaction Score
I think we will be seeing giffey more than people expect this year and will probably be the first (non-big) off the bench when the season begins. It is going to take Daniels some time to adjust to the college game and giffey comes in with national championship experience and his german national play over the summer. He showed a lot of good signs on offense and defense last year and just seems to have a knack for the ball (multiple loose ball saves and clutch boards). It is going to be key that he can fill in it at the 2, because as good as lamb is going to be, he cant be all on all the time and is going to need some rest....we have plenty of versatility up front, but we are going to need to able to back up napier and lamb with solid play off the bench and if we do we become even more dangerous.

Reaction Score
For the love of G-D. How do you know they have not figured it out yet? Just because they have not told the talking heads yet? He is in school- he is going to play for us this year. I kid of his caliber is not making a move if there was not a 100% chance of him playing for us.

DOOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
DD at the two is a long shot, but talk about a matchup nightmare .. I think giffey is at the two before DD

Reaction Score
PG- Shabazz / Boatright / Lamb

SG- Lamb / Boatright / Giffey

SF- Roscoe / Daniels / Giffey

PF- Oriahki / Olander / Roscoe

C- Drummond / Bradley / Wolf

Roscoe will get some minutes at the PF spot, especially when he and DD are on the floor together...and agreed giffey will play some 2 before DD...Bradley will get 5 min a game maybe..don't see Wolf seeing the floor come Feb/March...Shabazz, Jlamb and AO get 30 + min, Roscoe 25+, Boat and DD and AD 20+...Olander, Giffey 10+ depending on match ups/foul trouble

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Bono, the aau coach whose team played a game against Daniels team doesn't see him playing the 2. So it looks like Niels is the third option at the 2.

Reaction Score
Is there any possibility that Giffey could see more minutes at the 2 than Boatright?

Reaction Score
Maybe.... But how many minutes are really available at the two spot? You gotta figure Jeremy is going to be playing 33-34 min a game and most if not all of those coming at the two guard spot.

Reaction Score
There are combinations that we could put out there that would just make us absurdly tall.
like Lamb at the 1, Daniels at the 2, Roscoe at the 3, AO at the 4, and AD at the 5. thats an average height of about 6'8 and the wingspan of all those guys aren't small either...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Is there any possibility that Giffey could see more minutes at the 2 than Boatright?
If Shabazz and Jeremy have foul trouble.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Is there any chance that Shabazz can play at the 2, sort of like Kemba did when Bazz came in the game last year? I know Shabazz is probably 4th-5th on the scoring options, but he does have some offensive prowess (based on his mixtape videos...but everyone looks like MJ in those videos lol).

I see Lamb being a 18-20 pt a game scorer and AD dropping a consistent 12-15 a night. It's going to be hard for him to shine on a team with other NBA prospects on it.

Reaction Score
I can't see AD scoring that much as a freshman. If he averages 8-10 ppg, I will be very happy.

Lamb will average in the high teens at least. AO will average double digits, and I wouldn't be surprised if Roscoe or Bazz average 10 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom