DePaul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul

DePaul exceeds their season average in the game on the 16th against Connecticut.

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 82.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Isn’t UConn defense better then Oregon State.....they held DePaul to 6 of 36.
Take a lot of shots but under 40%
No real way to compare, yet.

Reaction Score
DePaul showed they could light it up against Notre Dame.

I think Stonewall will provide an interesting matchup for Liv. Morris was on fire and seemingly couldn't miss from the left side of the three-point arc.

Clearly UCONN has a superior defense to Notre Dame. I'm assuming Dangerfield will be guarding Morris and Crystal may need some help. UConn's entire perimeter defense will have to be very sharp.

Wonder how the Huskies will handle the full court press.

Regarding the poll on this post with a 105 point performance against Notre Dame DEPaul must be near 90 points per game average.

Voters who thought that DePaul will exceed that average must be thanking DePaul has pretty good chance of winning the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This game scares me to death. DePaul is a tremendous 3 point shooting team and UConn struggles to guard the perimeter. Not only has DePaul shot the 3 well at a ..344clip, they have attempted a ridiculous 317 3 pointers already this year. If they are hot from the outside, this could be a really tough match-up for UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn will have to extend their perimeter defense if the threes start to drop. That will open up the court for drives to the hoop. Don't have a clue how effective the Blue Demons are driving to the basket but if they do Liv should have a block party based on the size differential unless DePaul's post player can pull her outside.

Keys for UConn are to minimize second chance points (easier said than done since missed three point shots often result in long rebounds) and turnovers. They have to be efficient offensively and pound the offensive boards. Nothing too obvious there....;)

Should be a fun game.

Reaction Score
UConn will have to extend their perimeter defense if the threes start to drop. . . .

Keys for UConn are to minimize second chance points (easier said than done since missed three point shots often result in long rebounds) and turnovers. They have to be efficient offensively and pound the offensive boards. Nothing too obvious there....;)

Should be a fun game.

Totally agree this will be a fun game to watch unless the Blue Demons hit threes early and often.

I'm not sure how strong Connecticut's perimeter defense has been. Also I'm wondering if Stonewall will be giving Liv any difficulty. Very mobile. She also shoots the mid-range jumper very well. If she draws Liv away from the paint how does that affect Connecticut's defense?

I'm also a bit concerned about Morris. She looked dominant from the left side of the court beyond the three-point line.

As you say this is going to be a really fun game. Looking at the polls it appears that BYers are confident Connecticut can hold DePaul below their season average. Similarly based on this poll BYers are confident that Connecticut scores above their season average.

Thinking about it I'm wondering how likely both of those things are to occur.

One thing's for sure Crystal will need to be at 100% in this game.

DePaul averages 88 per game, UCONN averages 78 so it is possible that we hold De Paul below their average, score above our average and still lose the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DePaul Alum and super fan here. Bottom line is we don’t match up well with UCONN or any well coached team that knows how to beat a full court press. Notre Dame typically is really great at that. Obviously things are different this year. OSU and Green Bay were for the most part stellar at it, although we made them turn the ball over quite a bit. Look for CW to have a really great game. She’s great and transition. ONO should have a great game as well. Hoping DePaulhas another great shooting night though. :p

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn will have to extend their perimeter defense if the threes start to drop. That will open up the court for drives to the hoop. Don't have a clue how effective the Blue Demons are driving to the basket but if they do Liv should have a block party based on the size differential unless DePaul's post player can pull her outside.

Should be a fun game.

One thing is for sure, no matter what happens, DePaul IS NOT going to stop shooting 3's. If Liv can stay on the floor, and UConn limits them to one shot per possession, they should be fine. DePaul WILL NOT out rebound UConn.

Liv should have a field day on offense in the paint. Especially if they feed her early, and causes DePaul's post player to pick up two quick fouls in the first quarter. DePaul does not have any height. [DePaul Roster]. Their tallest player is only 6'2". One is a junior, the other one is a freshman. I don't look for DePaul to have the same amount of success against UConn as they did against ND. We're talking about two totally different teams here. Teams do things against other teams they can't do against UConn. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom