DePaul | The Boneyard

DePaul

DePaul exceeds their season average in the game on the 16th against Connecticut.

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 82.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I wish there was a way to include more than one poll in a thread. I'm wondering as the poll indicates if we will be able to hold DePaul below their season average in scoring. I'm also wondering if Kyla Irwin hits her season average in points. This should be an entertaining game and I suspect a shootout.

I think Kyla will have a quiet offensive game and keep her hands full with defense and ball distribution. I wouldn't be surprised if she is scoreless in the game and Griffin plays as many minutes as she does.

Through eight games DePaul has attempted 87 more shots than Connecticut. But they've attempted a 122 more threes. If perimeter defense is soft DePaul could really light Connecticut up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am wondering why on a UConn forum someone would post a poll on how our opponent will perform. Head bang :rolleyes:
Oh wait, after looking around the BY, I found the answer. :eek:

Reaction Score
Isn’t UConn defense better then Oregon State.....they held DePaul to 6 of 36.
Take a lot of shots but under 40%

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am wondering why on a UConn forum someone would post a poll on how our opponent will perform. Head bang :rolleyes:
Oh wait, after looking around the BY, I found the answer. :eek:
The poll is just as much about UConn as it is about DePaul. "Will UConn hold DePaul to under its season average" = same thing.

Reaction Score
The poll is just as much about UConn as it is about DePaul. "Will UConn hold DePaul to under its season average" = same thing.
Sorry, the thread title says it all...

Reaction Score
DePaul averages 36 3's a game.... three times they've jacked up 42 or more. Our perimeter defense has been suspect at times. If they throw up 40 it will make for an interesting game. I'm curious to see how many 3's they loft against Notre Dame tonight.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sorry, the thread title says it all...
Has anyone ever told you that you seem to be very easily annoyed at trifling things?

A thread title of "UConn" would make little sense, since this is a UConn forum, right? The thread title of "DePaul," while perhaps simplistic to a fault, made me anticipate that it would be a thread about UConn's upcoming **game against DePaul**, and indeed my expectations were met.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Liv put up 20-25+ because DePaul is so small. They really don’t match up well with UConn unless Stonewall, Morris, and Campbell are all on fire, in which case they match up with a lot of teams.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Liv put up 20-25+ because DePaul is so small. They really don’t match up well with UConn unless Stonewall, Morris, and Campbell are all on fire, in which case they match up with a lot of teams.

Great point. I would worry about Liv getting in foul trouble and having the ability to get up and down the court to match the frenetic style of play that DePaul loves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of DePaul. If anyone is in the Chicago area and wants an extra ticket I have a really nice seat that I unfortunately won't be able to use due to being out of town for a wedding. Inbox me if you want it. No charge of course.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You know they were watching Seton Hall jack up 34 shots behind the arc against us, making 13 of them, they probably figure, if they can do it, so can we. Stand by to launch. ;)

Reaction Score
One team is allowing 55.6 ppg 33% FG and 26% 3 point shooting. The other is allowing 55.5 ppg 34% FG and 28% 3 point shooting. Yeah, clearly one of them is better than the other...:confused:

Two excellent defenses that get it done in very different ways. Oregon State gambles as infrequently on defense as any team in America. Consequently, the Beavers create few turnovers by their opponents and collect very few steals. Basically, Oregon State forces teams to shoot over them and then boxes out consistently rather than risking getting out of position on the defensive end.

UConn is more aggressive defensively and uses more onball pressure to dictate what opposing offenses will be allowed to do.

Reaction Score
I was at the Northwestern - DePaul game which DePaul won in the last minute. They were unable to handle Northwestern's bigs. I am looking forward to seeing the game in person and while Couch Bruno's teams are always fun to watch remember they have no answer to BIGS
"

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Well we will learn if UCONN's defense is better. Depaul's 3FG% is 32.3% for an effective 2FG% of 48.4%. Their 93 3FGs translate to 279 points or 140 made 2FGs. This is 47 more made 2FGs to achieve their 3FG production. These numbers and UCONN's are below.
1576101715607.png

Per Larry Bird, Danny Ainge used to encourage Larry to shoot more threes even at a lower FG% since he would ultimately score more points with greater effective productivity. BTW, to date UCONN's opponents have shot 3FGs at 28% or an effective 2FG% of 42%.

WOW!!!! Depaul dropped 16 threes on ND! 55% for 3FG%! 83% effective 2FG%! Not liking that. UCONN's defense better campout at the 3 point line. Let them drive in Olivia's Liar for a facial!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
[Through eight games DePaul has attempted 87 more shots than Connecticut. But they've attempted a 122 more threes. If perimeter defense is soft DePaul could really light Connecticut up.

Agree that this is a very real possibility.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
DePaul always provides a reason for some concern because they jack up so many threes and they always have a punchers chance. But, recent history has not been kind to them. After the DePaul games I have wondered what the heck I was worried about.

11/28/2018 - UConn wins 99-63, up 32-15 after first quarter, DePaul goes 12/44 from three.

12/8/2017 - UConn wins 103-69, up 33-20 after first quarter, DePaul goes 12/43 from three.

12/1/2016 - UConn wins 91-46, up 37-6 after first quarter, DePaul goes 7/40 from three. I was at that game (at Gampel) and remember that first quarter vividly, it was a beatdown of epic proportions. It was actually laughable how dominant UConn was in that first quarter. Bruno was totally exasperated, it was a tsumani.

So historically, DePaul has been unable to stop UConn from scoring at will. The teams that have given UConn trouble recently are big, physical teams in grind out games and prior versions of Notre Dame, not overly physical but obviously very talented.

No serious worries here although obviously UConn will need to defend the perimeter, any team taking 40 plus threes could hit the jackpot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the Northwestern - DePaul game which DePaul won in the last minute. They were unable to handle Northwestern's bigs. I am looking forward to seeing the game in person and while Couch Bruno's teams are always fun to watch remember they have no answer to BIGS
"
Tallest starter for DePaul is an athletic 6'1" scorer. DePaul simply wants lots of possessions and won't use much of the shot clock all night.

Reaction Score
DePaul trails ND by two in high-scoring half of basketball with little defensive effort by either squad. 51-53. Players are racking up their offensive stats tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom