DePaul Spread | The Boneyard

DePaul Spread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Super high. DePaul has only lost one game in conference by that much (at home to Marquette).

I know we’re playing well but sheesh. Hard to touch that.

Reaction Score
Based off this big a spread, it seems the odds makers are trying to funnel people to bet on Depaul which tells me Uconn wins by 20.
Note: this is a personal opinion & should not be considered a viable tip
And here we thought it could be a word from God.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We are playing well. there was no way this was going to be less than 10. I dont touch these because I just want a win, and I want us to look good doing it. I'll be keeping an eye on our defensive connectedness tonight. If I see us playing up to our level there, I dont care what we win by.

Reaction Score
Yeah I have no idea on this one.

We could come in overconfident and overlooking DePaul and scratch out an 8 point win while never coming close to covering.

Or we could continue pasting people at home, like Marquette and Providence, pushing a 15 point halftime lead to 25 in the second and coasting from there.

The small possibility of surrendering the cover in garbage time after leading by 20 slightly pushes me towards DePaul +17.5, but not strongly, not like Nova +14.5 earlier this year which I felt was a slam dunk.

Reaction Score
The boys blew up my emotional hedge vs providence (thankfully) and then I flipped the script and they hit the line saturday (not without the typical end-game almost back-door cover theatrics though). Would maybe take Depaul with the points here only because of the huge spread, probably will stay away though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Other lines to look at here seeing that the spread is a doozy

UConn Points O/U 82.5
DePaul Points O/U 64.6

1st half spread -9.5

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not being a UConn bettor, I use the spread as unbiased feedback as to where we stand at the moment. Here and for the last few games, that feedback is pretty positive.

Reaction Score
DePaul has lost their last 10 games in a row, but they've been in a lot of them (6 point loss at Marq, 2OT vs. St. Johns, 1 point loss Butler, 5 point loss at Seton Hall, 5 point loss at Gtown).

Reaction Score
Probably try to buy a couple points on that line. We tend to make games closer than they should be at the end of games.

Reaction Score
Based off this big a spread, it seems the odds makers are trying to funnel people to bet on Depaul which tells me Uconn wins by 20.
Note: this is a personal opinion & should not be considered a viable tip
55% of the bets and 79% of the handle is on UConn

Reaction Score
I mean, they outscored us in the second half. Did you call us coming out 29-2? Just don’t be a POS man lmao.
Cool story, they won by 29.

Word of advice, sometimes its better to take the L and move on instead of digging in and making yourself sound even more clueless. But you do you buddy!

Reaction Score
Cool story, they won by 29.

Word of advice, sometimes its better to take the L and move on instead of digging in and making yourself sound even more clueless. But you do you buddy!
Word of advice, you come off as a smug (blank) pretty often. My initial post was completely harmless and not the insanity you’re thinking of it as. Seton Hall and St John’s both closed significant gaps against us in the end, it’s just simply what happened. The -17.5 line is heavy no matter what really, we just ended up playing nearly flawless, especially the first 30 or so mins.

Reaction Score
Yeah I have no idea on this one.

We could come in overconfident and overlooking DePaul and scratch out an 8 point win while never coming close to covering.

Or we could continue pasting people at home, like Marquette and Providence, pushing a 15 point halftime lead to 25 in the second and coasting from there.

The small possibility of surrendering the cover in garbage time after leading by 20 slightly pushes me towards DePaul +17.5, but not strongly, not like Nova +14.5 earlier this year which I felt was a slam dunk.
Two things about this spread I hate
We could be +20 with 2 min to go and the walk on’s give up -5 -6. Points .
Or it could be under the 20 mark and DePaul sends it end making the final score worse .
I doubt they quit that’s rare , but they’ve had a tough season and they’re on the road so the tank could be empty and Maybe Hurley lets our second team play longer to impress the writers .
Either way the final score is determined by the actions of garbage time players which throws rationality out the window.
I use to be the go to basketball handicapper for my gambling addicted buddies . I usually made them money . My advice was stay away but if you have to , don’t bet the ranch and give the points .
Hurley is playing for seeding

Reaction Score
Two things about this spread I hate
We could be +20 with 2 min to go and the walk on’s give up -5 -6. Points .
Or it could be under the 20 mark and DePaul sends it end making the final score worse .
I doubt they quit that’s rare , but they’ve had a tough season and they’re on the road so the tank could be empty and Maybe Hurley lets our second team play longer to impress the writers .
Either way the final score is determined by the actions of garbage time players which throws rationality out the window.
I use to be the go to basketball handicapper for my gambling addicted buddies . I usually made them money . My advice was stay away but if you have to , don’t bet the ranch and give the points .
Hurley is playing for seeding
The game was at 7pm tonight

Reaction Score
Word of advice, you come off as a smug (blank) pretty often. My initial post was completely harmless and not the insanity you’re thinking of it as. Seton Hall and St John’s both closed significant gaps against us in the end, it’s just simply what happened. The -17.5 line is heavy no matter what really, we just ended up playing nearly flawless, especially the first 30 or so mins.

In fairness you meltdown in the chat when it’s 6-2 at 18:50 of the first half so you’re going to get some _____.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The -17.5 line is heavy no matter what really, we just ended up playing nearly flawless, especially the first 30 or so mins.
Heavy is a relative term. That we covered the spread in the first 7 minutes and never looked back means it wasn't all that heavy.

Reaction Score
Heavy is a relative term. That we covered the spread in the first 7 minutes and never looked back means it wasn't all that heavy.
I mean, this was also like a 98th percentile outcome.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I mean, this was also like a 98th percentile outcome.
I can't believe coveing the spread by 11-12 is a 98th percentile outcome. Seems a lot lower to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom