DePaul Pre-Game Press | The Boneyard

DePaul Pre-Game Press

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno makes a comment about how he wished they would use the 3 x 3 ball instead of the one they use now. I am no expert on this so maybe some one can explain what Geno want's and why the 3 x 3 ball will help the shot making in the Women's game?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
"If Christyn feels alright, tomorrow, she'll be able to give us some minutes." Azzi will start doing "some things" with the team in practice.
I predict that Christyn's "few minutes" will be about the same as Nika's "minutes restriction", more honored in the breach than the observance.

Reaction Score
I predict that Christyn's "few minutes" will be about the same as Nika's "minutes restriction", honored more in the breach than the observance.
I thought the same thing, and I hope that's how it turns out. I'd feel much better about tomorrow's game if we can get some good minutes out of Christyn.

Reaction Score
Geno makes a comment about how he wished they would use the 3 x 3 ball instead of the one they use now. I am no expert on this so maybe some one can explain what Geno want's and why the 3 x 3 ball will help the shot making in the Women's game?

Here's what I found:

The smaller circumference of the game ball offers improved ball handling for players of any size and at any skill level. The smaller ball is also better suited to the quick pace and fast scoring action of a 3x3 game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here's what I found:

The smaller circumference of the game ball offers improved ball handling for players of any size and at any skill level. The smaller ball is also better suited to the quick pace and fast scoring action of a 3x3 game.
Ok but if I recall, the Womens basketball is already slightly smaller and lighter so I guess the proposal is to further lighten and reduce the women's basketball? I could see where that kind of proposal would be vehemently opposed. Similar to lowering the rim.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I predict that Christyn's "few minutes" will be about the same as Nika's "minutes restriction", more honored in the breach than the observance.
DePaul is the problem. If they play their usual style, they will try to totally up tempo to try and exhaust our short handed team. They typically fail against us but Nika and especially Christyn might not be ready for a lot of fast paced minutes. We’ll see soon enough.

Reaction Score
Here's what I found:

Thanks,...... The amount of things that I Don't know about basketball make me appreciate the insights and
knowledge I receive from the entire UCONN
fan base. Well done! Keep it coming!

Reaction Score
It has been such a pleasure to watch Liv grow and develop as a person and as a player over these four years. Such a mature young woman! This is the reason I love to follow our team - to see them develop like this over four years. Sure, winning is good but the real difference in our program is how these young woman develop as individuals. Kudos to the coach and the entire program!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ok but if I recall, the Womens basketball is already slightly smaller and lighter so I guess the proposal is to further lighten and reduce the women's basketball? I could see where that kind of proposal would be vehemently opposed. Similar to lowering the rim.
I was just Geno wishing out loud

Reaction Score
There is recurring discussion in the women's bball world, including Boneyard, about the ball size. Am I right in remembering that Geno favoured the women going to the men's ball?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
There is recurring discussion in the women's bball world, including Boneyard, about the ball size. Am I right in remembering that Geno favoured the women going to the men's ball?
You are correct.

Reaction Score
The women’s 3x3 ball is the same diameter as the women’s regular ball, which is slightly smaller than the men’s, but is the same weight as the men’s regulation ball. My understanding. Geno thinks this greater weight would result in more bank shots going in the hoop.

Reaction Score
DePaul is the problem. If they play their usual style, they will try to totally up tempo to try and exhaust our short handed team. They typically fail against us but Nika and especially Christyn might not be ready for a lot of fast paced minutes. We’ll see soon enough.
Geno/Uconn will slow the game down.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The women’s 3x3 ball is the same diameter as the women’s regular ball, which is slightly smaller than the men’s, but is the same weight as the men’s regulation ball. My understanding. Geno thinks this greater weight would result in more bank shots going in the hoop.
Interesting, Thanks

Reaction Score
Geno:

What is intimidating about going to St. John's? Seriously I would like to know. I heard one of the media members mentioned it in a question about Caroline not being intimidated about playing there.

Reaction Score
What is intimidating about going to St. John's? Seriously I would like to know. I heard one of the media members mentioned it in a question about Caroline not being intimidated about playing there.
Yeah intimidating probably wrong word, but typically a freshman isn't asked to carry as much load as Ducharme does. Just two months ago she was at the far end of the bench behind Azzi, Dorka, Aubrey, and Edwards hoping to pick up garbage time minutes, and now she's playing 40 and leading the team in scoring. I guess the question was more about her maturity to handle her newfound and unexpected role on this team.

Reaction Score
He favors the 3x3 ball which is size 6, the size of the womens ball but weighs the same as the size 7 ball used by the men.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My guess is that once Christyn's adrenaline begins to flow, she'll forget about any minutes restriction that may have been in place, and just go with the flow. If she's ballin', you can bet Geno will be reluctant to take her out. Those "couple of minutes" he referred to in the pregame presser will quickly be forgotten. She's chomping at the bit to play anyway. It had to be hard for her to watch her team play Sunday, and all she could do was watch and cheer. :cool: Christyn wasn't out long enough to get that much out of shape. Now, Azzi and Paige on the other hand have. My guess is Christyn plays at least 20-25 minutes, maybe more if one of the other guards is ineffective.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, I believe Geno said that ball is slightly heavier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom