Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
Wow nice drive by Gabby, 12 pts for her a career high
Looked just like Cash on that drive.

Reaction Score
TLaw 3 no good, but Gabby with a one handed rebound puts it in. 98-64 Final.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
TLaw 3 no good, but Gabby with a one handed rebound puts it in. 98-64 Final.
LOL caught it one handed, shot it one handed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Perhaps my favorite stat:

Kia 3-3 on FTs.

Gabby 2-2 on FTs.

Good job, ladies!

Reaction Score
LOL caught it one handed, shot it one handed.
Gabby is going to be great. Like I said in a couple of years this team is going to be ridonkulously good when the KLS-Boykin-Collier class is sophomores. Every year we say this is the best UConn team ever, but I think the best is yet to come. The '15 class is going to be Geno's pinnacle I think.

Reaction Score
UCONN just beat a team by 34 that should have beat ND, if it had made a few foul shots. This UCONN iteration is a pretty fair team. Just sayin'.

With lots of new parts, a nasty away setting, and abysmal officiating, they barely lost an early season game to a Stanford team that has since shown its stripes.

This is a special group that is going to amaze us, moving forward.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
Gabby is going to be great. Like I said in a couple of years this team is going to be ridonkulously good when the KLS-Boykin-Collier class is sophomores. Every year we say this is the best UConn team ever, but I think the best is yet to come. The '15 class is going to be Geno's pinnacle I think.
Yea thiis is kind of like our rebuilding year.

Reaction Score
Moriah needs to stop shooting threes and go back to driving to the basket. Saniya can't stop shooting because she misses a shot. Breanna was a force, even though she continues to get pummeled. Great game by Gabby. Can't help but look to next year's team: Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Kia, Gabby, Natalie, Katie Lou, Napheesa, De'Janae,
Saniya, Courtney. Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Kia and Natalie start. Gabby, Katie Lou, Napheesa, De'Janae, Saniya, and Courtney come off the bench. Those should be some incredible practice teams. Can UConn be ranked #1 and #2?

Reaction Score
Gabby!!

In 20 minutes:

14 Points (6/7 FG, 2/2 FT)
7 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 Block
1 Steal

Reaction Score
Can't help but look to next year's team: Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Kia, Gabby, Natalie, Katie Lou, Napheesa, De'Janae,
Saniya, Courtney. Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Kia and Natalie start. Gabby, Katie Lou, Napheesa, De'Janae, Saniya, and Courtney come off the bench. Those should be some incredible practice teams. Can UConn be ranked #1 and #2?

Your right.....watching Gabby tonight I started thinking about future teams and wow the future is bright but then I remind myself the current team is great and enjoy it. Lol.

Reaction Score
The Myth of Inadequacy: The story every one of us tells ourselves about not being enough. Kia (on Geno's show) just related that she wasn't sure she was great.

Fortunately, she is mentally strong enough to have not played 'as if' she wasn't great.

And now we all know how fortunate we are to be able to watch the growth of a most special player for four years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Myth of Inadequacy: The story every one of us tells ourselves about not being enough. Kia (on Geno's show) just related that she wasn't sure she was great.

Fortunately, she is mentally strong enough to have not played 'as if' she wasn't great.

And now we all know how fortunate we are to be able to watch the growth of a most special player for four years.

Intp, what she said was she didn't know if she was good enough to play for UConn, but her parents reassured her that UConn doesn't take just anyone. Wouldn't want those without access to SNY thinking she used the word "great" about herself. That being said: Could not agree with you more! This kid's moves inside are terrific - she finishes, her court savvy grows by the game and her 3 is consistent enough to pull people off Stewie and her passing is getting sharper too. What is not to like. Oh yes, she could be our next lock down defender.

Reaction Score
Moriah needs to stop shooting threes and go back to driving to the basket. Saniya can't stop shooting because she misses a shot. Breanna was a force, even though she continues to get pummeled. Great game by Gabby. Can't help but look to next year's team: Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Kia, Gabby, Natalie, Katie Lou, Napheesa, De'Janae,
Last year I remember Moriah hitting a bunch of 3 point shots at a high shooting percentage and I think Geno probably wants her to continue shooting them because she's capable of making them and it would only open the middle to drives and make this team better. Why she isn't having more success with that shot is surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom