DePaul Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

DePaul Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Predictions aside, did any of us REALLY anticipate this?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Saniya out, Tierney in with the freshmen and Natalie.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Predictions aside, did any of us REALLY anticipate this?
Nope. DePaul's shooting was as cold as a mid-winter night in Chicago.

AFPGetty-461133262.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Did not expect this type of game.

Notice is being sent to ND, Texas, MD, SC and the like.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We shot 59%; they shot 25%. They made 7 treys. I think they made 14 last year.

We need to cut down on the TOs--DePaul packed in the zone. But we had 29 assists and 15 steals.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Final baskets in the paint
UConn 22
DePaul 4
Great job

Reaction Score
Who would have thought that DePaul would shoot as poorly as hey did, or that UConn would play defense as well as they did, especially in the first quarter, and that Kia, who couldn't hit a layup top save her life, would nail 33 points?

I know that I'm a chronic worrier, but I worry about this. IMHO, it would have been much better for UConn to have been strongly challenged in this game. The way this one worked out, it may help that they played so well together and mounted a terrific defense at key moments, but I just think it'd be better to win a tough game. I hope Texas gives them one, because it is in winning these that this team will learn how to beat teams like ND, or SC, or MD, especially ND.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that DePaul would shoot as poorly as hey did, or that UConn would play defense as well as they did, especially in the first quarter, and that Kia, who couldn't hit a layup top save her life, would nail 33 points?

I know that I'm a chronic worrier, but I worry about this. IMHO, it would have been much better for UConn to have been strongly challenged in this game. The way this one worked out, it may help that they played so well together and mounted a terrific defense at key moments, but I just think it'd be better to win a tough game. I hope Texas gives them one, because it is in winning these that this team will learn how to beat teams like ND, or SC, or MD, especially ND.
Texas MAY challenge us. Maryland may as well. ND should. If none of them does, the SC game becomes very big.

Reaction Score
Texas MAY challenge us. Maryland may as well. ND should. If none of them does, the SC game becomes very big.
UConn 91-46 over DePaul. 37-6 after the first quarter. I think all of those teams had better start worrying about this "down-year" Husky team.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

We did have a very close game against FSU and Baylor was no cakewalk. So we have been challenged in our first two games and came out the victor.

I think Geno challenged them with his comments after the Chattanooga game and they came out on fire. We'll see what happens Sunday with Texas.

Reaction Score

I mean no malice when I say this- but if you are the chronic worrier as you say- then if this game was close, you'd be saying "Look at how close this game was. What's going to happen when we play the top ten caliber teams?"

This year "I worry" many games too but recognize this team IS very good and this year is "gravy." I'm excited to see what this team will show us.

I'm interested 0 excited to see several things- here are a few:

1--- Super exacted to see how Natalie stacks up defending the post vs the tough teams we're about to run into. I'll be rooting for her BIG TIME as though I'd have won powerball if she can defend very well in the post and rebound. Her offense imo is acceptable enough as it is to do what she's doing. I'm pumped to see her D. I don't know how well she'll do but that's the fun!!!

2-- Watching Collier grow -- and seeing if she could knock down 3's "well enough."

3-- Would like to see Gabby shoot well from the outside and cut down on her to's.

4-- Would like to see Lou become more of a menace with her defense and her rebounding.

5-- Dangerfield improvement.

Don't need to say anything about Nurse. She's solid.

Reaction Score
Is Kyla in the dog house?

Why would you think that? What happens when all the other players are better that her other than one? You want your best players to get a feel - get the minutes don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom