DePaul (18) @ Oregon St (7) - 11/14/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul (18) @ Oregon St (7) - 11/14/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Eh, Oregon doesn't have the quickest players either. Minyon Moore and Destiny Slocum are both pretty quick. That'll be the quickest matchup on the floor, both are the quickest for both teams.

I don't categorize Ionescu as "quick," either, at least not on the same level as her skill, competitive nature, and IQ. I would say she and Pivec are on a similar level of athleticism, Ionescu is just a better ball player.

Boley is definitely not what I would consider quick. Sabally moves extremely well though, and has an amazing first step for 6-4. She blew past Napheesa on multiple occasions. She has been a matchup problem for OSU in the past.

Maybe Ionescu isn't the quickest but with her angles and positioning she seems to be quicker.

And Sabally used that first step to give Miss State fits also.

Reaction Score
Yes, OSU has considerable guard talent: Pivec, Slocum, Goodman, Simmons, Tudor. What no opposing team seems to have is an answer for Satou Sabally of UO. Satou is a match-up challenge. OSU has more defensive ability vs Satou this year, than last year, but Satou makes UO so difficult to play.
Well it will be reassuring for the rest of the country that if you stop Satou you likely win. One player doing it all and is the face of the team.

Reaction Score
Well it will be reassuring for the rest of the country that if you stop Satou you likely win. One player doing it all and is the face of the team.
Not sure what you are getting at? I think OSU fans know what we are talking about, having played & defeated UO more than any other team in the past 4 years. UO is the best team in the country right now, and, with Sabrina, Satou, and Hebard, UO also have a complement of other talented young players. The key is slowing down those 3, which is no easy task for any team. Stanford & OSU will provide a tough test for UO in the PAC-12 season, and, PAC-12 Championship. I don't see any other team challenging UO in the regular season with maybe exception of Louisville.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you are getting at? I think OSU fans know what we are talking about, having played & defeated UO more than any other team in the past 4 years. UO is the best team in the country right now, and, with Sabrina, Satou, and Hebard, UO also have a complement of other talented young players. The key is slowing down those 3, which is no easy task for any team. Stanford & OSU will provide a tough test for UO in the PAC-12 season, and, PAC-12 Championship. I don't see any other team challenging UO in the regular season with maybe exception of Louisville.
Where are you headed, I am not sure. OSU's biggest demon like it or not is the turnover to assist ratio.

Reaction Score
Where are you headed, I am not sure. OSU's biggest demon like it or not is the turnover to assist ratio.
He never said it wasn't? I'm pretty sure every OSU fan is well aware of that?

Reaction Score
He never said it wasn't? I'm pretty sure every OSU fan is well aware of that?
If I didn't know better, I might think you are suggesting FH made a pedestrian comment by stating the obvious.

Reaction Score
Missouri State is a very good basketball team. Watching Gonzaga give Stanford all they can handle. More parity. Love it

Reaction Score
Fixed for you. This game has been horrendous, not least of which because the refs have called the tickiest tackiest things and it's resulted in more play acting than pistol action.

Nothing worse than ticky tack fouls. Let them play. Seems like almost all the refs are trying to eliminate contact. Or you have the ones that call every flop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom